Joint claim with seperated wife and own individual claim v Abbey

quietzap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a reply to the claim for the Mortgage Redemption Fee claim yesterday amd a cheque made out to us both for £130, which is the excess over what it was supposed to be when we actually signed that mortgage.

As we no longer have a joint acc my bank say I cannot bank it, so Mrs Q is going to give it a go, if that fails she will send it back requesting replacements/payment direct.

In the letter requesting the fee back I asked for the money to be paid direct into her account, they don't seem to have read it.

quietzap (I want my money back.)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also had a response to my claim on my sole account, perhaps to my LBA, just denying everything and saying they will not refund ANY of the charges.

A lot of those charges arose out of my being overdrawn for one day at a time, for quite a while about 1/4 of my miniscule income went on charges.

I suppose I reply to this letter, then move on to the Court stage. Lots of work to do.

I have also had a response to my claim on my sole account, perhaps to my LBA, just denying everything and saying they will not refund ANY of the charges.

A lot of those charges arose out of my being overdrawn for one day at a time, for quite a while about 1/4 of my miniscule income went on charges.

I suppose I reply to this letter, then move on to the Court stage. Lots of work to do.

Yep get ready for filing.

Well I have another letter from the shAbbey Complaints Dept presumably re my sole acc LBA, (why don't they put the acc no on it?) as this one says they will look into it, as though it doesn't relate to their letter rejecting my preliminary request for payment.

I have sent Mrs Q a replacement for the Barclays Data Prot Act Grand Inquiry, and another Preliminary inc Contractual Interest for the shAbbey Joint Acc, hope she sends these on.

Well I have another letter from the shAbbey Complaints Dept presumably re my sole acc LBA, (why don't they put the acc no on it?) as this one says they will look into it, as though it doesn't relate to their letter rejecting my preliminary request for payment.

I have sent Mrs Q a replacement for the Barclays Data Prot Act Grand Inquiry, and another Preliminary inc Contractual Interest for the shAbbey Joint Acc, hope she sends these on.

Good work quietzap, you seem to be getting on top of things.

Nice one.

Tanz

Another letter from shAbbey, presumably in response to my LBA on my sole acc. They will look into it etc.

Strange, as they wrote explainig that I was to get nothing about a wek ago.

Hope to have time to do all the work I need to put this into court this wekend. As I read the regs I should have a chance of not paying the court fees even though it is small claims.

Another letter from shAbbey, possibly in response to my LBA on my sole acc. They apologise for keeping me waiting for more than 8 weeks. In turn - "No £", thanks for your complaint, and apols for keeping you waiting .. . Hmmmmmmmm . . .

Mrs Quietzap and myself may be moving down the "Bad Admin" list from nos 1 & 2 to nos 2 & 3, shAbbey have hit the high spot!!!

But I need to check that she has forwarded the stuff I sent her, or she may be due another "Worst Admin 2007" award after all . . .

• 1 month later...

Now have another letter apologising for sending the previous letter, saying they had written to me saying that they had settled the matter.

I shall phone them.

There has been no reply to my LBA, this is going to court.

This is a complete pain isnt it. i just keep seeing your thread title and imagining your wife separated at the arms and legs lol

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

There has been no reply to my LBA, this is going to court.

From what I know this is usually inevitable with Abbey ..... Good luck n keep at 'em! :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)