Nemogbr against Barclays Bank PLC.

nemogbr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have accounts in both the Woolwich and Barlcays and sent my letter on January the 19th before discovering this site. I sent two letters without the Postal order and they were never answered.

I resent only one letter for both my accounts and sent it to:

Barclays Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU

5th February 2007

I have now received confirmation from the Woolwich about the SAR request, but nothing from the Barclays side.

Dated 9th February and

"We have taken responsibilty for fully investigating the issues you have raised, and we aim to resolve this matter by 09 March 2007."

Not exactly sure if they will be "fully" dealing with the Woolwich side only or the Barclays accounts as well.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

You need to have sent the DPA letters with a payment for £10 before they are deemed to have been received and before the 40 days countdown starts.

I have two accounts with each "respective" bank.

Woolwich was

Instant Cash Account

Open Plan Current Account

Barclays:

Deposit Account

Current Account.

The letters I've received all state that the Woolwich is a trading name for Barclays Bank Plc.

Someone also mentioned that their Woolwich dispute was transferred to Barclays.

I thought to kill two birds with one stone and sent all to the Knutsford, Cheshire address.

I did send a different letter for my Barclaycard account.

Well, you learn something every day. Didn't know Woolwich & Barclays were linked. (apart from being financial institutions, in case some wise-arse pipes up with that!

Barclays like to take their time, so I think your statements will come any day now.

I thought that I should post the letter in entirety:

Any thought from the posters in this Forum?

DATA PROTECTION:

We refer to your letter 5 February, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information, relating to bank charges, under the terms of the Data Protection Act [“the DPA”].

Please be aware that with regard to your Barclays accounts the Ban k is not under obligation to present information according to any format. Therefore, your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion. We would advise however, that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather on computer. Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in time required to collate the information you have requested. I apologise in advance should this delay be the cause of any inconvenience to you.

With regard to your Woolwich accounts, as requested, a schedule of charges is in course of preparation and this will be sent to you shortly by the Woolwich.

As regards your mention of “manual intervention”, the DPA does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures, Furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the DPA. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute “personal data” under the DPA and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

As the Bank is providing the copy statements on a complimentary basis your payment is returned herewith.

• 2 weeks later...

February 11th received confirmation from Woolwich of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

February 12th received confirmation from Barclays of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

MBNA Credit Card - February 13 received.

Barclaycard VISA - dated February 14th received S.A.R.

No idea when they sent the letter, cince I received it on the February the 21st.

Seven days to get to my address. That is a long time for a letter from Barclaycard.

I hav enow received two envelopes from Barclays bank showing statements for one of my accounts.

Getting my highlighter and marking them one by one..

Have a nice weekend everyone.

I was wondering whether someone could explain the meaning of these "details":

Unpaids out 1 @ £30.00 - £30.00

Paid Referral 1 @ £25.00 - £25.00

I presume, paid referral stand for unauthorised overdraft, but unpaids out?

Didn't know Woolwich & Barclays were linked.

Yep Woolwich have been part of the Barclays group since 2000,, I have my mortgage with Woolwich and current a/c with Barclays..

If you use Barclays website and enquire about mortgages etc, you get transferred to Woolwich.

Personally, have had no issues with the Woolwich, but it will be interesting to see if that changes once I take Barclays to court..

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Paid Referral Fee wide_dotted_line547x2.gifFee £30 per account per day (maximum charge of £90) per account within each monthly charging period). A Paid Referral Fee of £30 is charged when we pay an item that results in your account going overdrawn by more than £5* without an agreed limit, or by more than £5* above an agreed limit. In addition, this fee will also be charged if we pay any further items that increase your unauthorised borrowing by £1 or more.

If you stay within your agreed overdraft limit for a period of 12 months we will automatically refund the first Paid Referral Fee incurred. If, however, your account does become further overdrawn you will incur paid referral fees in line with the above.

* £25 for Platinum Banking customers.

from Personal overdrafts rates & charges : Barclays Personal Banking

Unpaid feewide_dotted_line547x2.gif£35 (maximum per account per day). If you go overdrawn without agreement or if you exceed your agreed limit, we may return your cheques, standing orders or Direct Debits.

from Personal overdrafts rates & charges : Barclays Personal Banking

• 2 weeks later...

I have now received TWO copies of my account from Barclays Bank.

None before six years.

Dated 27th February - Received letter Woolwich regarding my Openplan account.

Total Charge amount £1425.00

Ouch.

Still calculating my Barclays Bank accounts.

Update:

Barclays Bank = February 25

Woolwich = February 27

Barclaycard Visa = Nothing

MBNA (Nemogbr vs MBNA) = Nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

It is now and no replies from Barclay card via.

Will be starting a thread in the Barclaycard section for the court action.

THe same for MBNa.

I will be sending letters to Barclays and Woolwich for the return of my bank charges.