Jeep v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Congratulations.... Thanks!

You can just write to the court and inform them that the case is settled. It doesn't have to be too formal, just claim reference number and "Please accept this as notification that I wish to withdraw my claim on the basis that the defendant has made payment in full" - that sort of thing. I'll get that done in the morning and drop it round to the court.

One small point - did they include daily interest from the date of claim until yesterday? No, it wasn't, but it was only 8 days @ 93p so not a big issue.

Off to bed - an early night at last...! :p

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

...One small point - did they include daily interest from the date of claim until yesterday? No, it wasn't, but it was only 8 days @ 93p so not a big issue....

Not a lot of money, certainly. However, I have a feeling from recent threads, and my own experience, that they are systematically missing this out - which is simply unacceptable.

It may take a call from each user to get them to focus their minds a little and to stop avoiding paying people what they are legally entitled to.

Let me put it this way - from our survey results (which is always way behind the real figures), they have paid back £216,465. If each of the claims was resolved, on average, 20 days after the claim, they they would be keeping over £952 of our money!!

The question we all need to keep asking is - would they let you off?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

A further point on the scope of my claim on the joint account that I had forgotten - I only had seven years of statements, with the first 43 missing, so I added in an amount for 'Previous Charges (Estimate)' of £215 that I calculated as an average of £5 per statement. This means that they refunded charges going back to 1995ish without a quibble. On my wife's claim they won't pay anything over six years.

Don't you just love their methodical approach to this problem? :rolleyes:

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

That's a very interesting point - maybe one we should push with all users.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

A further point on the scope of my claim on the joint account that I had forgotten - I only had seven years of statements, with the first 43 missing, so I added in an amount for 'Previous Charges (Estimate)' of £215 that I calculated as an average of £5 per statement. This means that they refunded charges going back to 1995ish without a quibble. On my wife's claim they won't pay anything over six years.

Don't you just love their methodical approach to this problem? :rolleyes:

At what stage did you add this in?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

At what stage did you add this in?
I had it in my LBA letter with an explanation of how much, what dates it covered and why I had added it - so it wasn't hidden at all.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Jeep (The Wife & I)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks