Dunmore v Barclays

adrian1972
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Sent a letter and a £10 cheque to Barclays Data Protection for my six years statements, 24th Jan. Still waiting for them, i did get a letter back saying they were looking into it three days later and my cheque back. Is it worth calling them to try and speed things up a bit?

Hi Adrian,

From my experience, this is normal timescale and they do have 40 days to comply with your request. My statements arrived quite patchy way -some here and some there.

Just follow the guidelines and always ask questions if you are not sure of your next action. You'll find lots of information and support on this site.

Good luck!

Flor :)

Hi Everyone,

Sent a letter and a £10 cheque to Barclays Data Protection for my six years statements, 24th Jan. Still waiting for them, i did get a letter back saying they were looking into it three days later and my cheque back. Is it worth calling them to try and speed things up a bit?

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

Hi Flor,

Thanks, this is my first attempt of 3 claims. The other two are loans which probably wil have incurred about £200 quid worth of charges. I'm intrigued at how much Barclays have charged me, a lot more than £200 i bet. Hence the eagerness :)

• 4 weeks later...

ok,

Update, I received my statements and totalled up my charges and am astounded to say that they add up to.... wait for it...£3800 :eek:

I cant believe it! Am busy now doing my spreadsheet (prob take me a week) a bit of reassurance would be great now guys, i'm very nervous and stunned by the amount.

Adrian

ok,

Update, I received my statements and totalled up my charges and am astounded to say that they add up to.... wait for it...£3800 :eek:

I cant believe it! Am busy now doing my spreadsheet (prob take me a week) a bit of reassurance would be great now guys, i'm very nervous and stunned by the amount.

Adrian

Wow Adrian - thats a nice amount of money!

I recently won my claim with Barclays for over £5000 so that should reassure you that if you continue with your claim ( and you should) you will get every penny back.

Good luck and best wishes

Sandbag.

Hi Sandbag,

Thanks for that, feel a lot better after reading your thread, hope you dont mind me pestering you for advice if and when the time comes. I'm halfway through my spreadsheet, should have it done and posted Friday. Let the battle commence.

adrian

p.s well done on yours ;)

Hi Adrian,

That is a good amount of money! :) and the likelyhood is that you'll need to take it further with Barclays at your local court (although of course they won't appear -certainly haven't so far) so you get to claim the interest back too!

Keep going and my advice would be to keep track of everything, if you do good filing of all your documents now, it'll be easier for when you come to do your court bundle later on.

I have recently won £3400 back from Barclays and felt quite apprehensive too but then quite proud to take the big guys on ;) -and win!

Lean on suport from people on the forum. I found it a great help to shout out when I was losing confidence with it all, as someone always posted back with kind and encouraging words.

Good luck!

ok,

Adrian

• Haha 1

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

Hi Adrian,

Good for you!! :)

I've been on holiday and just got all my statements but not been able to add them up properly yet. Keep going don't let the blue meanies get away with it!!

Will probably be in touch for some advice with the spreadsheets if that's OK??:???:

Hi Adrian,

That is a good amount of money! :) and the likelyhood is that you'll need to take it further with Barclays at your local court (although of course they won't appear -certainly haven't so far) so you get to claim the interest back too!

Keep going and my advice would be to keep track of everything, if you do good filing of all your documents now, it'll be easier for when you come to do your court bundle later on.

I have recently won £3400 back from Barclays and felt quite apprehensive too but then quite proud to take the big guys on ;) -and win!

Lean on suport from people on the forum. I found it a great help to shout out when I was losing confidence with it all, as someone always posted back with kind and encouraging words.

Good luck!

Hi Flor,

Thanks, your support is much appreciated :)

Hi Adrian,

Good for you!! :)

I've been on holiday and just got all my statements but not been able to add them up properly yet. Keep going don't let the blue meanies get away with it!!

Will probably be in touch for some advice with the spreadsheets if that's OK??:???:

Hi Elmac,

Yea sure thats fine, i'm away Saturday afternoon until Wednesday, so if i dont reply in that time i will when i get back, hope you had a nice holiday

adrian :)

Whoops,

Just noticed as i was preparing my L.B.A that i havent put the correct account number on my preliminary letter. It is correct on my list of charges but not on my letter, any advice on this please? Should i send another one just in case as i dont want them having one over on me?

cheers

ok quick update,

Was a bit worried about getting my account no. wrong but it doesnt seem to be an issue as i received the bog standard sorry your unhappy we are looking into it blah blah reply today.

LBA ready for Mondays post :D

Hi,

Quick update and a few questions peeps if you dont mind,

Posted my LBA and they have until the 10th April, this clashes with Easter, does anyone think i shoulkd give them an extra 2 days before filing my N1?

On the subject of N1, i've got a few questions, might seem daft but i'd hate to get anything wrong at this stage.

Charges £xxx.xx

Overdraft Interest £xxx.xx

Interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 £xxx.xx

Court Fee £xx.xx

TOTAL £ xx.xx

Plus interest pursuant to S.69 County Courts Act 1984 from date of issue to date of judgement/settlement at £xx.xx per day {(enter daily rate here - (CHARGES+OD interest)x 0.00022 = pence per day) }OR at such rate and for such periods as the court deems just.

1. I understand that i'm not claiming o/d interest so i delete that bit, do i have to put in a figure in the daily interest rate?

2. Where it says DONT FORGET TO SIGN, do i sign where it says on the form sign, or sign underneath my particulars of claim?

3. Do i just leave blank the bits about solicitors at the bottom?

4. So i print off N1 3 times, print off schedule of charges 3 times (including current 8% interest) hand one of each in to my court. I dont send my schedule of charges to Barclays yet, is that correct?

Sorry for all the questions :-?

Cheers in advance

Adrian

Thanks Michael,

There's nowhere on the form to date it, does that not matter?

One more thing, i'm going to hand in the N1 to the court, how many copies of my schedule of charges do i give them?

cheers

adrian :)