• Tweets

• the motor is less than 6mts in your possession, you should not be paying a penny under Consumer rights act!!   dx
    • Bought the car for my partner in April 2021. Driving home i heard a tappet like sound and i assumed it was just that , tappets , so nothing to worry about. after 3 months my parthner tells me the noise got worse, as i do not use the car due to having a van, i agree it has got worse and something must be wrong. i visit a few garages and just ask them to listen. and they advise needs furthur inspection and not to drive it.   Called car dealer and returned with car as he wanted to inspect it at there garage. There mechanic said something about oil and to do a complete fluch of system and change oil and filder and add addidtive . i did all this and then noise persists. Dealer says it would be cheaper to get a new engine. but he will deal with it to get it done cheapo as possible. left the car for 2 weeks and nothing had been done, he struggling to find an engine under 2k.   Basically in the end he has asked me to sort the issue out my self and refunded me £850 towards it.  Now an engine fitted i have sourced.   because of all the mssing about i agreed to fixing it myself but is it fair that i pay most of the money to get it fixed ?   Engine £1720 Fitting £600 Total £2320
    • for the donation.   they should be copy and pasting the particulars of claim from the claimform for you and giving the address each was served too? id you ask that ? thats why you should record your call and get them to read it out from their se=creen. you can't move any ccj investigation fwd without those details   as for the statement i made.....   when a debt drops of your credit file as the defaulted date reaches it's 6th birthday, that does NOT mean the debt is dead nor still p'haps owed, esp if the debt owner has never been informed of your current and correct address for EACH debt  in writing, should you have moved since takeout .   even a statute barred debt can have a backdoor ccj raised to an old address, as it would be a roboclaim where no human checks anything...so that is why its SOOO important to ensure either the original credit before sale or the debt buyer/dca ha/has in writing your current and correct address from YOU.   never assume just 'because' a dca writes to your correct address they have it legally from you in writng if you've moved. for the sake of a 2nd class stamp its not worth the worry.   dx    
    • Thanks for your reply! I've found this info as well on cable.co.uk , so you think we should stick to our position and raise a complaint and disregard the early fees?    If Virgin Media is not available at your new address If you find that it is not available at your new property, then you will need to let Virgin Media know that you are leaving as soon as possible. If you are not at the end of your contract, you will unfortunately have to pay Early Disconnection Fees. The amount this will be is dependent on how many months you have left on your contract.   Best
    • Well all in all I'm a little more cheerful now   Got the holiday refunded (£230) Quoted package Travel regs at them (ferry also booked through them) and got £50 compensation and an offer of money off our next stay    New campsite is £190 so that leaves a little bit left over for a couple of nice meals out   Will miss not going to the island though but have booked into Prestatyn which while nice isn't quite what we wanted
  • Our picks

kaz v halifax the beginning**WON**

kayadkaz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hooray well done :-D

Barclays

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 26.01.07

Schedule sent 28.02.07

LBA sent 14.03.07

N1 filed 10.04.07

Settlement 14.05.07 (£2270)

Well done. Keep a check on your account as the money can appear as easly as today!!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations, thread title changed and thread moved to success forum.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

• 1 year later...