Little Me vs Big Bad Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, been reading the site for a while now and already got my statements so prelim going in today. Will probably be screaming for help (or reassurance):) sometime soon. Very nervous but the wonderful help and support people give on here is really encouraging plus I'd love to see one of the banks actually try to justify their charges in court.

Will keep you informed of progress.

Good luck with your claim. ;) Keep us all updated. And yes any problems just shout.

Make sure you read and read so you can be prepared for every step.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Will probably be screaming for help (or reassurance):) sometime soon.

Peter,

Just remember that you're only having the same thoughts and fears that we all had when we started out on this site. I've just filed N1 (court claim) today and I'm still anxious about that whole thing, but hey, I'm only asking them for my money back..

Best advice is to read as many threads as possible - no two claims have been the same. Some settle before filing claim, others afterclaim has been filed.

Here are some more links to follow:

Once you've read these, just do as Sea-side Lady says, shout up and someone will have the answer for you. I would say 'Good Luck..!', but if you follow the advce and timescales given on this site, then you won't go far wrong...

Survivor :cool:

• Haha 2

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Well step 1 completed! Posted prelim letter today. Let's see what happens now. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to who they settle with early or late. Anybody see a pattern I can't?

ps nervous as hell that I'll be the 1st to have to stand up in court and face their, no doubt, horrendously expensive lawyers:shock:

They dont seem to follow a pattern. But the 1 thing they do every time is pay out...:D

Every one of us think we will be the first that have to go to court, its a very natural feeling. I think most of us were scared, now we are just determined, as you will be!

Any way 14 day count down from tomorrow.....tick tock. :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi PeterD,

Good Luck!! You'll get lots of help & encouragement from the people on here...I'm jittery at the moment as I'm almost at the entering the claim to Court stage...but I'm seeing it through!!

Keep us updated.

You won't be first, I've just filed N1, so it'll be me first...:D

NOT..!!!

They will settle before court, because if they attend and face you across a courtroom, they'll be forced by the court to reveal the true cost of their charges - and they won't do that...

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.