ICY -v- Abbey

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The following petition has been put on the government website

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Ensure UK citizens have the right to recapture illegal bank charges up until the day a UK court find them legal. More details

Petition to: Ensure UK citizens have the right to recapture illegal bank charges up until the day a UK court find them legal.

:madgrin:

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I signed it earlier today in the hope that it may help - fingers, toes, elbows, knees and everything else humanly possible crossed :D

Can't cross anything else - it's all crossed for you and Mrs ICY-to-be...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

there you go - now I know how a contortionist feels! :D:p

Spelling not great, but I hope you know what I mean!

Jo xxxx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

good luck tomorrow!!!!!!

:eek:ABBEY

Data Protection Act request complied with within 40 Days and no £10 charge..

31/01/07 Prelim Letter sent with schedule of charges.

19/02/07 LBA Sent with schedule of charges

08/03/07 MCOL started

09/03/07 £160 GOGW payment into account

23/07/07 Court Date set for 10/10/07

02/08/07 CPR Part 18 Request Submitted

10/08/07 Stay requested by Abbey :mad:

20/08/07 Claim Stayed by District Judge :mad:

:eek:HSBC

02/02/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter sent

22/02/07 Statements received and again no £10 charge...."happy to provide at their cost"

26/02/07 Prelim Letter to be sent with schedule of charges.

12/03/07 LBA sent with schedule of charges

Just called the courts, for info on claim 3, and while i was on the phone i asked for my file to be checked to see if Abbey have filed anything, they havent, and only have 1 hour 30 minutes left (no not counting lol) In the morning i will be filling out the form requesting judgement.

btw in claim 3, HSBC failed to file AQ by the deadline of 23rd July the judge has made an order on monday to HSBC to file an AQ by 4pm 10th August, failure to file AQ will result in the defence struck out allowing me to file judgement.

Just one question Gary, looking at this form, am i allowed to use it for my case, as it says the defendant has not filed a defence or admission to my claim, whereas they have in fact filed defence, it is a later order of the court they have failed to comply with, is it still ok to use this form, or os there an alternative form i need to use.

No not at court, the defence has now been struck out as they have failed to comply with a court order, so looks like we aint going into court, i have to take form to court tomorrow to request judgement in my favour, not sure what happens after that

I have had an order from the judge, which i have yet to see elsewhere, and Abbey have failed to comply with this order, and as stated on the order if they do not comply by 4pm today then the defence will be struck out.

This is the form i have filled in (thanks again Gary)

Originally Posted by GaryH viewpost.gif

Here you go, request for judgement -

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n225_0406.pdf

Here is the court order

Before judge XXXX sitting at Oldham county court

Upon reading the court file

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Following making an order of courts own initiative

This order is made by the court of its own initiative. Any party affected by this order may apply pursuant to CPR 3.3(5) to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Any such application should be made by application notice in accordance with CPR23 and must be made not more than 7 days after the date on which this order is served. the 7 days passed on the 13th July and there has been no application to have it stayed or set aside

By 1st August, 2007 the defendant must file and serve a comprehensive witness statement from a responsible employee with statement of truth explaining the Banks charging regime and exhibitingall relevany documents justifyingit;and, if they are discretionary, the decision to apply the charges the subject of this claim to the claimant.

In default of compliance by the defendant the defence is struck out on 2nd August, 2007 and the claimant may apply for judgement.

Dated 4th July 2007

i see - thanks for that.. seems like you got a special order!! lucky old you!

i went to the court this afternoon with a letter.. stating to the judge that the defendant failed to comly with his order and that i think he should strike it out.. but in posh speak (found a letter on here) so i will see what happens.. just getting a bit twitchy as my court date is 10th august.. which aint that far away!

thanks again x

It means i am filing for judgement in the morning, as per the judges directions, so unless he goes back on his word by not striking out the defence then yes i have won, although lets wait until i hear something official form the court before them colours make an appearence eh lol

ICY

I think the whole of the Abbey forum is behind you and wishes you luck. This is one case I would definitely love to see a happy ending to. You truly deserve it.

Thanks J, but i dont think i deserve it any more than anyone else, i am no more special than anyone else. we ALL desevre our wins, lets hope they all come soon