gazza v nationwide

gazza13169
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

been reading on this site for ages now, but have yet to put down my progress.

sent of for S.A.R 7th Dec 2006

received S.A.R 10th Jan 2007

i decided to claim for contractual interest at the unautherised borrowing rate of 24.9%, which made my £933.50 go to £1708.29.

sent prelim letter 15th Jan 2007

got reply from Richard Huntley on 23rd Jan 2007, with a leaflet explaining there internal complaints procedures.

sent L.B.A 26th Jan 2007

got reply from Richard Huntley on 8th Feb 2007, saying how dissapointed he is that we have not been able to resolve the matter, and has enclosed another copy of there internal complaints procedure.

i could not find a template for the prelim and L.B.A that mentioned contractual interest so i used the drafts that "mcuth v RBoS" used.

im now at the stage of issueing a court claim, and was wondering how i would put the contractual interest of 24.9% onto the online claim form.

any ideas would be very grateful and to hear from anybody who has had a succesfull claim with contractual interest would make me feel less anxious

cheers all

• 2 weeks later...

cheers dolly

i sent my N1 off on monday and got my NOTICE OF ISSUE from the courts today. NWide have until 8th march to reply before i send of the REQUEST FOR JUDGEMENT, do NWide generally pay up some of the claim before or after the REQUEST FOR JUDGEMENT has been sent of?

i also got a letter from NWide member service saying they are reveiwing my complaint, is this standard as ive not read anyone else getting this sort of letter?

cheers

yes gazza the complaint letter seems to be new, did it say they have 8 weeks in which to investigate? i received this one and i decided to call them and let them know that i have not filed any complaint, my letter was a request for charges back and that i would still be proceeding with my claim, which i have done and filed through mcol on the 19th feb, i am sure you will hear from them soon, in the meantime keep an eye on your bank account they seemingly drop some very welcome deposits in it completely unannounced. best of luck.x

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

latest update- Nwide have responded to my claim by indicating that they will defend all of the claim, they have 28 days from the date of service of the claim form (28th Febuary) to file a defence.

will i receive a copy of their defence after 28 days, or

shall i go to the court and ask were it is on day 29?

i take it all this is normal procedure with Nwide?

I have now got my Acknowledgement of Service, dated Feb 27th, so we are nearly running in parallel. Needless to say, they intend to defend all of the claim, although for some reason they have left off the name of the solicitors acting for NW.

I keep looking at my account to see if there is any more money in there. Sadly, none yet!!

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

got a letter today from Emma Kent, Member Relations Officer, saying that charges are to be refunded and then the matter is resolved, it does not say how much i will get but i bet its not the charges plus interest, ill have to wait and see.

anyone else get the same sort of letter?

gazza

Yes Gazza I too received letter today see my thread (mrs wobs V nationwide), it better be the full amount or i will just inform the court i have received part payment and carry on for the rest

latest update is, yesterday (14th March) i was credited £933.50, which was the charges i was claiming for.

today (15th March) i was credited £120 to cover court costs, and £180.71 which represents interest calculated at court rate of 8% from the date the charges were applied to the date of refund.

is this the normal way they payout now? i did originally try to claim 24.9%, has anyone taken it further to claim the rest?

cheers gaz

I have been paid the charges I was claiming, statutory interest at 8% and £120 court costs. I had claimed the alternatives of 24.9% unauthorised contractual interest or 7.75% authorised contractual rate. Having read all the lengthy threads about contractual interest I didn't have the bottle (or the expertise) to risk going for either of those alternatives.

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream

im still checking my account everyday

no credits today:mad:

looks like im in for a long wait, they sent letter dated 6th march saying the fees where in the process of being refunded 10 days later still no sign of them refunding them :rolleyes:

I would give them a ring in case it has gone astray. The money appeared in my account a day or two before the letter arrived. It is nice to be in the black for once, instead of the red!! I must keep it that way or they will punish me for being a naughty girl and close my account! ;)

I hope it turns up soon,

DDD.

Dolly Day Dream