Should I Accept????

haley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I originally asked Barclays to refund me back £1000 they have offered me £375, I wrote them a letter saying that I would accept that £375 payment as an interim but would still require the rest otherwise i would start legal action.

They have responded by saying this:

Dear Miss W

I confirm that my offer was made in full and final settlement of your complaint with Barclays Bank PLC and therfore I will not be able to pay the sum of £375 as an interim measure. I aknowledge that you require your claim to be settled in full and note your additional comments. However after careful consideration, I regret that I am not able to increase my offer.

Should i just accept that offer as I dont think I feel confident enough to start legal action. Please advise.....

I wouldn't accept it. £375 is a big difference to £1000. The only reason they have offered it at all is in the hope that you will accept and they get to keep £625 of your money. I would start the legal process. it is unlikey that Barclays will let it go as far as actually going to court - they don't want that any more than you do - they have a lot more to lose!

My advice would be to not accept the offer, and to take the next step - sned them the LBA (I'm assuming from this you've already sent the preliminary request) and then follow it up with filing a claim. Don't let them get away with keeping £625 of your money.

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

absolutely not. its your money, you are entitled to it, and you will get it by reading up on here, the support of others that you will get here, and a little bit of resolve. Have a look at some of the bigger threads on Barclays where people are documenting their own cases, it will help.

I vote no too! Stay strong, you know you are in the right, the banks know it too, else they wouldn't be offering you partial payment. Its not a gesture of good anything, it is to hope you accept and let them keep the rest of your money.

If in the extremely unlikely event it gets to court stage, there is a buddy system here on this site where you can find someone near to you who can come with you and support you.

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

One word actually (this is let me count) ten.

NO.

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Just stick to the practice which is proven..

suggest you reply to the Barclays letter re-iterating your acceptance of the £375 as an interim payment, and that this letter is serving as your letter before action (see the template in the library).

14 days.

then file claim online.

Good Luck. (fifty-two words).

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

NO:shock: its your money not theres you hang on in there

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

Ok so i should not accept!

i have already sent my LBA so i am now going to file a claim on the moneyclaim website.

Please can someone confirm that the refund amount i am asking for below is correct?

I calculate that you have taken £875.00 in charges plus £156.05 for overdraft interest = Total £1,031.05

Is this correct?

Haley x

As its court time, then that looks about right at 8%. Congrats for deciding to go for it! I'll cyber hold your hand if you hold mine if it gets scarey!

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks