SRJ say i owe Box Clever £800 debt

Rich44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Just requesting a bit of advice from anyone who has already posted comments on SRJ. I received a 'tracing letter' from them yesterday with the standard 'you havent responded to our former attempts at contact....we have traced you to this address.....please contact us' - the letter has no details of any debt/company/monies owed etc, should I just keep this letter for reference and do nothing at present? I am not in debt to anyone, again have lived here for 3 years (this seems to be the case for many people, is there something significant legally about moving address > 3 years ago?) - any advice is much appreciated, I hate worrying about stuff and just don't want to do the wrong thing :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance :)

I seem to have gotten SRJ off my back as I have proof that I don't owe any money. I sent them a letter clearly stating this and reminding them that it is an offense to pursue me.

As for the last post, if I were you I would ignore this letter. There is a very good chance that somebody with the same name may have a debt (or not!) and you have been targetted because your name shows on the electoral register. Maybe all people with your name received such letters.

wait to see what happens.....and do expect more letters. Most importantly....DO NOT call them! Do not give them any more information than they hold.

I hope that this helps!

Jimlad

hi everyone,

like some of you, i have just received a 'trace confirmation' letter from SRJ debt recoveries. they do not mention the amount of the debt and who they are collecting on behalf of. i am very concerned because the website (www.srjpay.com) given is only about 'paying' them and no communication/email is facilitated. i phoned the number written on the letter but was on hold for about 10 mins and gave up! When i googled this company, it looks like they have a different website (www.srjdebt.com ) . (not stipulated on the letter received)+ the phone numbers are different. i am really concerned about this.what is this all about???? help!!

thanks in advance.

After telling srj that I certainly never owed sky any money and can prove it as I have never been a sky customer,they have now sent me a further letter(again on poor paper)saying they will take me to court,I hav'nt lived in the house they are claiming the £50 debt comes from since 2004 and changed my name legaly,together with bank accounts etc following a divorce,can they take me to court or should I just contact trades description and other authorities,can anyone please advice what to do as I am registered disabled and in poor health and can certainly do without this sort of hassle.Thanks in advance to anyone.

Write to them and ask them to prove it. You dont have to prove anything.2004 means the debt is almost statue barred anyway.Point out that as they have no proof, because there is no debt, you expect them to write and inform you case closed. I f they continue to harrass you, tell them that you will report them to the appropiate authorities.

• 2 weeks later...

i was sent a letter of srj on 28th april 2010 stating that i owed sky £130 and that i have failed to arrange a payment plan and their intensions to start litigation proceedings to recover the amount, i thought i was going mad thinking do i owe this bill, seeming the last time i had sky was over 6 years ago and have been bankcrupt since 2006 then i typed in the web address at the bottom of the page and this forum came up, and now i know im not mad as so many people have had this too, :eek:

hi everyone,

like some of you, i have just received a 'trace confirmation' letter from SRJ debt recoveries. they do not mention the amount of the debt and who they are collecting on behalf of. i am very concerned because the website (www.srjpay.com) given is only about 'paying' them and no communication/email is facilitated. i phoned the number written on the letter but was on hold for about 10 mins and gave up! When i googled this company, it looks like they have a different website (www.srjdebt.com ) . (not stipulated on the letter received)+ the phone numbers are different. i am really concerned about this.what is this all about???? help!!

thanks in advance.

i have srjpay.com on the letter i recieved too but google couldnt find it either, must be a [problem] im going to contact OFT and trading standards you should too this needs to be stopped

I received a trace and now a referral for litigation for £93 for sky subscriptions in 2005. Debt is not mine as I moved and closed account in 2004 and having phoned Sky and wrote numerous letters don't appear to be getting anywhere. I have been hounded by these cowboys. Have phoned Consumer Advice who have advised to send recorded delivery letter to sky outlining all evidence and request evidence debt is mine. Shed loads of stuff about SRJ and I won't take any more calls from them. sky have made an error of which I am 100% sure ...... they are not getting a penny out of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another SRJ / Talk Talk claim.

Letter received 28th April (addressed to next door) claims I owe £130 for a talk talk account I never had. Phoned 28th (stupid me) told it was for phone calls made 2006. Told them rubbish and to send proof. Told I must put it in writing so letter sent same day.

Another letter received 4th May (again sent next door) Again phoned, complained and they replied not had my letter.So another letter sent time by special delivery and it was signed for at 0830 on 5th May.

In meantime checked credit reference files no mention at all for talk talk.

Just waiting till Tuesday (12 days + 2) to send appropriate letter to registered office which will be by recorded deliver.

Did have a Tiscali broadband account but that was closed and account moved to Bethere. Always been with BT for calls so definitely not authorised transfer to talk talk

I did move house but the distance was next door but one, 6 month Post Office redirect set up and any mail slipped thru net passed on by neighbour. So how can talk talk or any other business afford to wait 5 years and not do anything about an alledged debt.

SRJ are just a load of w****rs

Rant over

Keith

Edited by kaybee327

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a template letter found on the national debt website to SRJ and cc to Sky regarding an alleged debt of £93 back in Sept/Oct 2005. The letter had a return date of 25th - guess what I have had no response.

Phoned Consumer Direct today to seek where I go next and to be honest didn't appear to be very helpful. I then phoned national debt helpline who suggested I write again with a further reasonable time period and this time send it recorded delivery. they also advised to make reference to the OFT, Trading Standards and the Financial Ombudsman who I have been advised may investigate credit agency complaints

......... any advice on next steps appreciated as I do not want to keep spending all my money sending letters and making calls on a debt that I know is not mine.

Ragdoll62,

If they claim debt is from 2005 and you have not admitted debt then I believe that you will find that the debt is statute barred (6 years old) and is therefore unenforceable.

Also have you checked your credit reference file to see if anyone has filed missing payments?

Keith

Ragdoll62,

If they claim debt is from 2005 and you have not admitted debt then I believe that you will find that the debt is statute barred (6 years old) and is therefore unenforceable.

Also have you checked your credit reference file to see if anyone has filed missing payments?

Keith

This is only 2010 so it wouldnt be Stat Barred to next year

Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon here... My partner has just had a text message from these which actually charged her to open the message..

Dear Miss "X", You need to take action on your account today. Visit us at http://www.srjpay.com ref blah blah Full Account details are on recently sent mail.

Firstly are they allowed to charge for opening a text message? If so it is scandalous.

Secondly, aside from a missed phone call and subsequent voicemail regarding a debt account and no other details a few weeks back, she has had no correspondence regarding any debt that she could possibly owe.

How should we proceed?

I intend to inform OFT and TS, is there anyone or anything else needed. Should we contact them to find out details of the so called debt? Or should I trust my instincts and not let her contact just yet and wait for mail with details on?

Sorry for jumping on the bandwagon here... My partner has just had a text message from these which actually charged her to open the message..

Firstly are they allowed to charge for opening a text message? If so it is scandalous.

Secondly, aside from a missed phone call and subsequent voicemail regarding a debt account and no other details a few weeks back, she has had no correspondence regarding any debt that she could possibly owe.

How should we proceed?

I intend to inform OFT and TS, is there anyone or anything else needed. Should we contact them to find out details of the so called debt? Or should I trust my instincts and not let her contact just yet and wait for mail with details on?

Hi there, yes it is legal for them to charge for opening a text message.

You should receive a letter from them soon, it is best to find out what the debt is about otherwise you have nothing to go on. OFT and TS wont help you because SRJ are regularly visited by both parties who still allow them to continue. SRJ have a lot of solicitors.

I know this because i was an employee.

I have received a letter from them last week saying I owed £512 to Premier Man a Mail Order Company. While I did have an account with them as far as I was concerned it was cleared however I cannot find any info to prove this. I received another two letter from SRJ this week one threating legal action and another asking about an offer of repayment the Premier Man account was from a couple of years ago.

I am really worried I did have financial problem,s which as far as I am concerend have all been sorted so to get this letter was a big shock.

I tried the web address and all it offered was to accept payment I tried to send a message with it but received no reply I have also sent a letter to the Woking address. Do you think I should send oined to the address at Uckfield.

I am really worried about this matter.

Thanking you for any help.

The best thing to do is contact Premier Man, find out via their website. If you were repaying via direct debit it may have been cancelled or withdrawn and you did not know or forgot.

You can email SRJ at [email protected] and ask them to send a copy of the bill so you know exactly what the £512 is for.

Unless you have proof that you don't owe this money then it is wise to start a repayment scheme, most only let you pay £20 per month unless you send a financial statement.

Only phone SRJ if you are willing to make a payment otherwise they're not much help.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update to me emails 15 may and 1 Jun.

Today finally got Talk Talk and SRJ to agree debt was incorrect and has been written off.

Advise to all - Keep at the b*****s you will get there.

another email address you may find useful is

[email protected]

Michael Court MICM

Sales and Marketing Director

SRJ Debt Recoveries Ltd

Office: 0203 147 8685

Good luck to all

Keith

Welcome, innocentstevie. Perhaps you can help answer some questions about SRJ.

Are SRJ staff employed and paid by SRJ, or by Fredrickson?

Does SRJ operate out of a separate office to Fredrickson or the same place?

Do SRJ actually undertake any meaningful trace activity, or is it mostly limited to sending out their spurious 'trace confirmation' letters?

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Just thought I would pop on and share some news

I have been receiving calls from this shower for the last 2 weeks, and it took me a week to find out who they were acting for (Virgin). I have just been speaking with Virgin regarding the supposed amount I owed and will agree I did owe some monies although not the amount being asked for by SRJ. The manager at Virgin has now raised an internasl complaint with regard to the way SRJ conducted themselves and also advised me to repoort them to OFT, CSA and TS.

I also spoke with SRJ and told them the account was now settled and I would appreciate if they did not call text or in any form communicate with myself from now on, to which they replied I should expect a visit from a collection agent tomorrow.

really hope they do send someone who tries to take something as I will inform him there is no debt to be paid and if they take anything or force entry will have the police out and prosecute.

Let you know if anything happens tomorrow

• 1 year later...

Hello, I know that nothing has been posted in this thread for a while but it looks the best thread to post on so here goes, last night (opened this morning) I received two identical e-mails asking me to contact SRJ urgently, or i could register on to their website SRJPAY.com.

Feeling a little uneasy i googled SRJ and found this to be the first on the list. After reading through all of the posts I feel I was right to google them, they do not sound the most helpful of people.

I have not received any letters or phone calls off them and the e-mail does not state what debt I owe and to whom I owe it. I have been at my current address for more than 3 years and previous to that I lived at the address my mum and dad now live at, so if I was to have received any letters my mum would have passed them on to me! Just want to know what advice anyone could give me and what i should do next?

I felt very uneasy when reading the e-mails as a few things didn't add up in my mind! I greatly appreciate any help anyone could give me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks