SRJ say i owe Box Clever £800 debt

Rich44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a letter from SRJ earlier this year claiming that I owed money to some company (I do not). I expect they scatter demands to names from the electoral register in the hope that one will reach the desired recipient. I sent them back the following (my details now obscured), they have not contacted me again.

-----

M Faithfull, Collections Manager

S R J Debt Recoveries Ltd

PO Box 1173

Woking

GU22 2BS

Date: 00/00/2000

Your ref: 00000000

Re: Trace 'confirmation' -

Dear Mr Faithfull,

I am in receipt of your letter dated 00/00/2000, claiming payment of an unpaid debt with your client . Please note that I have had no business or contact with the company named, and I do not owe them any money.

Your letter states that you believe you have traced the debtor named John Smith to my address, in which case you have made an error. I require that you amend your files to correct your mistake, and that if you have propagated this error in any way whatsoever that you correct the fault wherever it may lie. Should I discover at any time in the future that this has not been done I retain the right to hold you liable for any damages arising.

Should I be required to have any further dealings with your company, its agents or subsidiaries I give you notice that I shall at my discretion and without prejudice make a charge on you for my time at the rate of £60/hr and in addition recover any legal costs.

Yours sincerely,

John Smith

cc. Alice Smith and daughters, Solicitors

-----

Who is selling our details ? and why are we getting these letters? We owe nothing!! Just heard on the radio today how T-mobile have sold on x clients details onto this kind of [causing problems] low life ****! put back in post marked 'not known at this address!

I received letter from SRJ claiming that I have unpaid Gas bill in the flat I lived 3 years ago and moved out in August 2006. The bill is for period 11.04.06- 08.08.06. The thing is I have a bill paid, stamped by bank for period 11.04 - 27.07.06. When I was trying to explain to the srj employee that I have already paid for most of the period and even if there is outstanding bill I only should pay for the 27.06 - 08.08.06 he got aggressive, said that he has other people to talk to and hanged up! I also called British Gas and the not able to access the bill anymore and they seemed completely not interested in the fact that I have paid the bill 3 years ago. By the way British gas had always had my address because I had and still have account with them at every address I lived. they also have my phone number which they used when I was switching to EDF to talk me out of it. How come they are able to pass my details to other company without trying to contact me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first post on here. :confused:

I first received a letter from SRJ asking for me to pay £284 because of Littlewoods and Phoenix (who???). Like an idiot and before coming on to this site I rang the 0845 number to question the debt.

Apparently I got an item in July 2003 from Littlewoods and haven't paid them..........."erm...what item please?"

A dvd home cinema unit/setup. "oh yes I remember...the one I sent back with the courier immediately because it was no longer required."

After further tooing and frowing I was asked to prove I sent the item back (receipt). Well, how could I it was over six years ago. "Right we'll take you to court!"

Sweating and worried I came to this site and found a little thing called Letter M.....the limitation act.

I duly wrote the letter (requesting an answer in writing) and sent it recorded delivery and waited.

On 6/11/09 I received a reply stating:

"We thank you for your recent communication and note the contents.

We confirm that we are taking instructions from our client and will revert to you shortly. In the meantime we have placed the account on hold."

So far so good!

Since then (whilst at work) they have rung me at home three times only getting an answer from my son. I decided to ring them myself tonight to see what transpired only to be met with the usual..............for security reasons may I have .....etc....

I refused to give the details of course (learnt now you see!) and thus ended the call by saying that all future correspondence should be made in writing.

My question is......can they do this after my original leetter?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Just found this site through searching for AOL Debt recovery on google.

Got a couple of letters from these idiots about an outstanding amount from an account I had with AOL over 2 years ago. Which i cancelled, I remember sending them the e-mail saying please cancel it.

After some abusive phone calls from these clowns, I decided to phone AOl, who were as much good as a fart in a space suit tbh. They couldnt confirm that they had received my e-mail to cancel it, they couldnt put me onto anyone that would help what so ever.

So after looking through my old AOL e-mail account, I have absoluteley nothing in there apart from an e-mail i received on Tuesday 15th of December this year...

My main concern is that I obviously have no proof that i've sent this e-mail to cancel it and im going to be plagued by these idiots.

Any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I had a demand off Roxbrugh told them conversation was being recorded and to prove that I owed AOL money[i dont-never had AOL]. Was polite but assertive and thought that was that.This was in the summer never thought anything about it till I recieved a letter from SRJ two weeks ago. So far just ignored it and heard nothing.Do you think they've forgotten about me? Interested to read that the mastercard logo on their missives is illegal, should'nt somebody call the police or something?

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently received a letter from srj stating that I have failed to respond to previous letters from them and that they have traced me me to my current address, they want me to make a payment but the letter doesn't state how much I 'supposedly' owe or who I owe it to. I was curious because I did move 3years ago & was worried that maybe someone from my previous address had managed to get my details & use them to get credit in my name. I created an account with srj in the hope it would show details of so called debt but it doesn't & they have failed to respond to my three emails requesting this information. Do they really expect people to throw money at them without knowing what it's for? also to create an account with them it's mandatory that you include a telephone number, as I don't have a land line I put an old dissused mobile number in & am really glad that i did after reading about the harrassments from these people by phone.

:?

I too have recentley received the letter from srj,trace to current address etc..the letter has a reference number and is in my name but does not state what it relates to.. a ploy for me to ring them?"if" i ring them can i legally record the conversation?.i don,t owe anybody any funds.

I have recently received a letter from srj stating that I have failed to respond to previous letters from them and that they have traced me me to my current address, they also say that talk talk who i alledgedly owe money to have tried to contactme on numerous occasions but i rang talk talk and they have no record of me with them.

So in short SRJ Dept recoveries want me to make a payment of 44 pounds from an account with talk talk, who i have never been with.

today I have received another letter from SRJ this time with details from a debt they say is with Talk Talk (formerly Tiscali) I was with Tiscali but when I ceased to have a land line, I contacted them by phone to cancel my subscription. some months later I noticed that the payments were still being taken out of my bank, When I phoned tiscali to ask why, they said that it was up to me to cancel the direct debit & because they could see that there had been no usage for those months that when/if I became able to rejoin them they would credit those months to me (fair enough). I promptly cancelled my Direct Debit & have not heard anything about this until now & that was over 3 years ago, now SRj are saying that they are 'pending litigation proceedings'.

Because I can't prove when I cancelled my subscription I am beginning to worry. What should I do? please give me good advice to get these people off my back.

I was once with Tiscali and had a problem with them, when cancelling my broadband and going over to virgin media, they said they said i had not cancelled, and wanted the money, i informed them that they had given me a date for cancelation, and cut me off and they had given me a pin number that i had to pass on to virgin so they could start me on their broadband, after that conversation i had heard nothing until the letter dropped through my door, that was over 3 years ago.

Interesting ellsbells57 and parkesy, exactly the same thing has happened to me. I suspect the best option is to write to them and dispute that you owe them money. They then have 28 days to respond to your letter and proove that you owe them the money. (I received my letter yesterday).

They must put your account on hold at this time whilst they investigate and they must not contact you until they have this evidence of you oweing them money.

Be strong, have a bit of a giggle about it and don't get stressed. Your details have clearly been passed around a bit and there is no way that this debt can be proven which is why it has taken so long to sort out.

• 4 weeks later...

JuJu77,

do not call these people (or make sure you withold your number)....once they have your number they will call you! Ask Sky first, then if they have no record of this debt ignore the letters from SRJ.

Remember, this company buys debts from other companies and tries all it can to get the money back (fair means and foul!).

Don't be bullied into paying and ignore their threats.

I've sent an email to sjr to find out what info they know of when i left my address and when the sky contract was finished. But left out my phone number and since I sent the email on Thursday I've still not revived any reply from them. So I'm taking this up with sky to see what they have to say. I'd rather sort out any debt i may have with them than some crappy company...

SRJ are the third debt recovery company to try to obtain money from me for services never contracted or received. Their client is TalkTalk, and I have never had a TalkTalk account. These two companies now seem to be well matched in their complete lack of comprehension of the English language and decent trading behaviour, exacerbated by inappropriate administrative systems. Although sorry that other people are experiencing similar problems, I am somewhat relieved to discover through this forum that I am not the only one whom they are bullying.

If they do decide to take me to Court, I am looking forward to speaking to a Judge who can read account information, correspondence and contracts - I trust that I will be reimbursed my expenses. I have sent reams of paperwork by recorded delivery and received confirmation of account closure, but the demands keep coming in with no supporting information.

(I have no problems with my Banking providers, who have been corporate trusted friends to me, with no unfair charges.)

Edited by Forget-me-not
spelling mistake, plus other matters whilst I am reviewing

Dear Jimlad2,

I had a Tiscali broadband account for a regrettable year, but the account was closed after they eventually repaid the money that they took above and beyond what was owed at termination of contract. When I opened the account there was a separate TalkTalk service, which would have involved terminating my existing phone provider service which I most certainly did not do. There is such poor communication between their staf and departments that I now suspect that it is a policy for them to deduct monies above and beyond what is actually contracted or purchased, relying upon busy people's inability to make sense of their account information or keep track of their bills (they have a hectic website), or just to pay up to be free of the hassle.

Funny that, they also took too much money from me but I couldn't cope chasing them for this. I was just happy to no longer be a customer. And yet they still sell a "debt" to a debt collection agency. Typical of Tiscali I would say. I am awaiting my letter informing me I am going to court from SRJ. They haven't provided proof that I owe any money so I am still ignoring their letters. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Had a number of letters from SRJ regarding a debt run up for Sky in a address I moved out off in 2001 and the debt is for 2005. I sent them edited P60s showing the change off address. But they are still after me and are saying they did not recieve information (couldnt send recorded post due too P.O box :???:). Im kinda ignorant regarding this kind of thing any advice would be helpful :)

This company seems to only be interested in collecting money. As you have provided them with proof that you were not living at this address I would ignore them. Best bet is not to contact them by telephone, if you really want to correspond with them write a letter. Do not give them a telephone number.

They are chancers who hope that people will just pay because they are scared of being taken to court.

If you really nwant to send them a recorded delivery letter here is their address according to companies house

Name & Registered Office:

SRJ DEBT RECOVERIES LIMITED

52 NEW TOWN

UCKFIELD

EAST SUSSEX

TN22 5DE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks