SRJ say i owe Box Clever £800 debt

Rich44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a letter from them claiming to be chasing a debt from my mobile phone operator for an account I cancelled 2 1/2 years ago. On phoning the phone operator, I established that 1) a bill and all further correspondance had been sent in error to my old address (They had my new address) and that 2) the bill was sent out in error, their mistake, they were very sorry and would cancel the amount owing.

However this was all after I had phoned SRJ - Oh dear! they would only look into it if I could provide written proof that I didn't have that account (I rather sarcastically pointed out that there were probably several million phone accounts that I didn't have and that I would struggle to prove non-ownership of any of them!)

Anyway, among the more memorable advice they gave me was (Gods honest truth these are the actual words used)

'I've got nothing to prove that I don't own that account, I shredded all the paperwork a year after cancelling the contract'

"Well the best thing to do is just pay, then we won't have to take you to court"

"We don't have a complaints procedure"

"I don't have a manager"

And the icing on the cake;

'The address on the letter is a PO box, do you have a geographical address?'

"No"

'So does that mean your talking to me from inside the PO box?'

"Yes"

"Reddich Saddler"

SRJ address is 16 Boundary Business Centre, Boundary Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5HD or Registered Office is 52 New Town, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 5DE Telephone 0845 3137351

SR Jones is one of the current individuals that runs SRJ

"mr. ton" quoted an excellent website above to click onto and you can either ignore SRJ as mr. ton suggested (which is the best option).

Or on principal, (and you know where principals get you) I am reporting them and another of their Freds.com group to everyone that I can.

Best of Luck whichever way you choose

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Received a letter from SRJ on the 20th of August, saying I owe AOL £130.55. I have all the back up paperwork cancellation confirmation from AOL and previous bills and statement that I have paid all the bill till I canceled the account and the confirmation that my new internet provider has now taken over into providing me with internet access. For some reason AOL carried on billing raised it with them providing all the info did not hear from them for 4 months and suddenly SRJ letter arrives threatening court action which I do not mind at all since I have all the bills.

What is the best option forward should I go to the small claims tribunal first, who do I file the claim against AOL or SRJ.

Regards,

ARMM

Dear Cretins

I DO NOT owe any money to AOL and therefore invite you to take me to Court where I will be happy to prove my case in front of a Judge. Should you be foolish enough contemplate this action then I will have great delight in issuing a counterclaim against your company.

yours etc

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all. I'm a new forum member - just registered here after finding the site via google.

I had a letter off these (SRJ Debt Recoveries) yesterday and a telephone call with 'Steve' at their office last night (luckily I had the foresight to withhold my number before calling them).

Its all about a fictitious debt that they claim I owe AOL. I don't owe AOL a penny.

The attitude of 'Steve' at SRJ was appalling. He threatened to blacklist me and pursue me 'for ever'! I have written in the strongest terms to AOL to complain and copied that correspondence in to SRJ.

I'm furious about this attempt at bullying me into paying a debt that I don't owe. Luckily I'm big enough and strong enough to look after myself and not back down. God knows what it must be like for OAPs and others who SRJ bully. There is absolutely no way I'm paying and equally no way that I will let this lie.

At the moment I'm awaiting AOL's response.

Any advice about how else I should proceed would be much appreciated.

Also, is it true (as claimed by 'Steve') that SRJ can credit 'blacklist' me for non-payment of a debt that I don't owe? (I seriously doubt it, but thought someone here might be able to confirm).

Finally, once I've resolved my own issue with this company, what is the best course of action I can pursue to put them out of business?

Apologies in advance if all this has already been covered.

OMG! This company are 100% the most arragont of them all. I called in regards to a letter this morning and from the second i was connected, he was a Piers Morgan. I asked for proof i.e - contract of agreement and said i would have to pay them £1 in writing.... Am i wrong for thinking this is something they need to be provided with before initially making a recovery? I know there is no signed agreement with VIRGIN MEDIA ( who are just as bad ) and he admitted they don't have it but stated he will be sending me another letter in 5 days.... He was extremely arrogant, rude and very insulting and told me i should , and i quote ' Shut your mouth and listen to me because i know what i am talking about' If ever i got the chance to meet this little idiot i would smash his face in.... God help who ever turns up at my door on behalf of these idiots...

just had a phone call from SRJ.to say their calls are "monitored" for training purposes is a good idea.The rep that just called me couldnt have been more rude if he'd tried.Trouble is he picked the wrong one when he rang me,coz i can be twice as rude when wound up.

wrote a complaint to them about his attitude,but i'll probably have more chance spotting a flying pig than gettting a reply

I spoke to a man from SRJ after recieving one of their sinister letters. He was really aggressive and used some very nasty techniques and tactics to extract money from me, wouldn't listen to my reasoning, wouldn't divulge any information other than that I owed AOL some money for ending my contract with them before a full year had expired. He refused to send me any more information about the debt and then threatened me with a Court summons if i didnt pay over the phone. I paid the money over the phone and now I have gone and closed the bank account and reported this company to Consumer Direct. I was really shaken by the entire episode and was almost begging the man on the phone to give me some more details of this alleged debt. But he just refused and keep harrassing me.

I am so pleased to read all of this about SRJ - they really must be stopped. Please contact comsuner direct about this company as i have done - they will bring misery to innocent people lives unless we (the consumers and victims) join togther and stop them. I don't feel so isolated know i know that other people have experienced their bullying oppresive, disempowering behaviours. These people are common little dishonest lowlifes who contaminate the very fabric of society with their desperate lawless behaviour.

• 3 weeks later...

I've received 3 letters from 2 different agencies this year all saying I owe AOL money. The first was Roxburgh on the 8th June and said I owed AOL £47.20. They had an email address so I emailed them and said I owed AOL nothing, I heard nothing more from them. I then received a letter from our 'friends' at SRJ claiming that AOL have attempted to contact me on a number of occasions (I've heard nothing from AOL since they confirmed they were cancelling my account in early December of last year) and they were going to issue proceedings against me unless I paid AOL what I owed them which was £29.04 (notice the different amount). I then wrote them a letter stating I didn't owe AOL a penny. I received another letter today informing me that since I haven't arranged payment they are going to issue litigation proceedings. They didn't even mention my letter.

I have written another letter to them and I'm going to enclose the previous letter I sent to them and a copy of the email AOL sent me confirming my account would be closed. Should I send them these as it appears they take no notice of anything people say to them.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

I've now had a third letter from SRJ demanding I contact them within 7 days to arrange payment, any advice?

I've sent them 2 letters, the last one demanding proof I actually owed AOL any money at all, needless to say that letter wasn't even mentioned and neither was my previous letter to them (SRJ).

I was wondering if others who have been bullied by SRJ could email Watchdog (as I have) and complain about them and their attitude. It takes more than a couple of complaints about a company before Watchdog will do a feature on them. I firmly believe that the public needs to be informed about SRJ.

If all those on here who have posted about SRJ also contacted Watchdog then something might be done about them.

If anyone has any advice on what to do now, please post it. I don't intend to pay SRJ a penny but this is getting worrying.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just picked up my mail from my old house and have 2 letters from SRJ Debt Recovery. They say that I have a debt with AOL Broadband of £40 and Pending Litigation Proceedings. I assumed it was a hoax so haven't phoned the number provided (the letters seem so unprofessional.)

Funny thing is, that I have an AOL email account and have always paid by DD. You would have thought that if I owed them money they would have emailed me, or taken it by DD, or cancelled my subscription.

I have never had a red letter either.

Is this really a serious letter? Is this really a genuine debt collection company.

I have to agree, This lot are a bunch of absolute clowns, Im currently having some fun with them too.

Had another letter from them today, over a closed AOL account which was an AOL Cock up and was sorted out when I threatened AOL with court action..

AOL confirmed weeks ago that the matter was all their mistake and apologised and that they had also informed the muppets that there was no debt.

I phoned today to wind them up, Was a bit surprised at the end of the conversation that the guy told me to **** off and stop wasting his time..:p:p. I got half way through telling him that the call was being recorded but he had spat his dummy out and slammed down the phone by then 8-)

I did at one stage ask to talk to his manager, what a surprise that he did not have a manager and even if he did he would not be available. :confused:

Sending them a couple of Complaint letters today too, along with a further complaint to AOL about the attitude of this bunch.

I work alongside my local trading standards office and will be passing info onto them too, along with complaints to the OFT etc etc, Well the dark nights are here now so need something to keep myself occupied..lol

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello everyone have just joined on here after reading this thread.

Last week my hubby received a letter from Fredrickson Int informing him that I had died and that they wanted to see a copy of the death certificate. Came as a bit of a shock to him as I was on holiday at the time, but after a quick call to me he was reassured that I was still alive and kicking. The letter stated that I owed money to I think it's a catalogue company, but I've never bought anything from them and only know about them because it was one my Nan used to use years ago and she's been dead nearly 30 years. Then today I receive a phone call, well actually it was a very gabbled answer phone message from a firm called SRJ asking for someone (who as far as I know never lived here, we've lived here nearly 20 years) to give them a and they left a ref no. I was going to ring them back and tell them that they didn't live here, but thought I'd google the SRJ first and low and behold 1000's of site appeared with complaints etc etc about them. So I read some of the frums about these firms and found out hat they were connected. I then decided to contact Consumer Direct and spoke to a very helpful person who has put my mind at ease. One thing they did say though was to not give these companie any more information then they already have about you. i.e. if letters are sent to Mr/Mrs x x Person then don't tell them what the x's stand for. Basically if it's not on their letter to you then don't divulge it. And what ever you do don't ring them as you have no way of accuratly recording your actions etc. And they did confirm that they are [problem] companies

Hello everyone have just joined on here after reading this thread.

Last week my hubby received a letter from Fredrickson Int informing him that I had died and that they wanted to see a copy of the death certificate. Came as a bit of a shock to him as I was on holiday at the time, but after a quick call to me he was reassured that I was still alive and kicking. The letter stated that I owed money to I think it's a catalogue company, but I've never bought anything from them and only know about them because it was one my Nan used to use years ago and she's been dead nearly 30 years. Then today I receive a phone call, well actually it was a very gabbled answer phone message from a firm called SRJ asking for someone (who as far as I know never lived here, we've lived here nearly 20 years) to give them a and they left a ref no. I was going to ring them back and tell them that they didn't live here, but thought I'd google the SRJ first and low and behold 1000's of site appeared with complaints etc etc about them. So I read some of the frums about these firms and found out hat they were connected. I then decided to contact Consumer Direct and spoke to a very helpful person who has put my mind at ease. One thing they did say though was to not give these companie any more information then they already have about you. i.e. if letters are sent to Mr/Mrs x x Person then don't tell them what the x's stand for. Basically if it's not on their letter to you then don't divulge it. And what ever you do don't ring them as you have no way of accuratly recording your actions etc. And they did confirm that they are [problem] companies

This lot are bunch of clowns.. Not very professional either

S.R.J. Debt Recoveries

PO Box 1173

Woking

GU2 2BS

They will not give you their full address and always hide behind a PO Box number, I asked for their full address they state that it is PO Box 1173, It must be a bit crouded in the PO Box..lol.

Ive again complained to AOL over this bunch and AOL will be investigating the company. I hold AOL responsible for the action of this bunch as they are contracted by AOL.

Ohh The mumbled telephone calls, Thats just standard for them.

If they call again asking any information from you tell them to do one, and any letter you recieve from them ( Identified with the Return address on the back as PO Box 1173 Woking, Just return them to sender if they are not addressed with your name etc.

Do some research on google and you will find that the same mob have traded under a good few different names too.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't everyone who is having problems with S.R.J report them to TS Etc.

On the rear of all their threat-o -grams is advice to pay by Mastercard this is illegal.

The Mastercard insignia is also in full colour on the front of all their letters.

REPORT THEM

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks