• Tweets

• I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help please, New to this.

sammy10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Hope this is in the right place. We used to be with HSBC up until a year ago when we got so fed up with them charging us for even sneezing while overdrawn that we closed our account and took our overdraft elsewhere.

Can we still claim charges back even though our account is closed?

Thank you

Absolutely.

I didn't start my claim with HSBC until a month after I'd closed my account and, rather unceremoniously, shifted to the Lloyds.

:D

Dave

HSBC: Settled - Offered full refund 2 days before MCOL - £2934.50

(Thread here)

Lloyds TSB: Settled - Offered full refund 2 weeks before MCOL - £650 (Thread here)

I did - they settled a few days before I was due to submit my claim. Just succeeded in a claim against Lloyds TSB 2 weeks before MCOL too, on behalf of t'other half.

Is this your first time? If so, read all the FAQs before you get started. There's loads of information in there about the step by step, as well as the legal stuff it's worth knowing. I used Vampiress' spreadsheets, and they were a godsend - all available through links in the FAQ. Finally, read the threads in here, and learn a bit about the process that people are going through, especially some of the victories.

Oh, and read anything to do with contractual interest!!! :) I went for contractual interest in both cases and, although I didn't get the interest, I did get the whole sum of my charges back. The threat of having to defend contractual interest in court seems to have scared a few banks into submission before MCOL.

If you need any help along the way, just ask away - there are loads of people on here who are more than happy to help! If in doubt, PM a mod. Most importantly, keep me informed how you're going! Strength in numbers, and all that!

Dave

(Thread here)

Lloyds TSB: Settled - Offered full refund 2 weeks before MCOL - £650 (Thread here)

Thanks for the advice and well done, I have been ploughing my way through the site. There is so much to take in.

Hubby getting the printer sorted tomorrow so will make a start.

Thanks again and will let you know how I get on:wink:

maleo forgot to add... he got his local member of parliament involved from the outset too - another option for you!!

to re-iterate what maleo said, just read read read and read again as many threads and faq's as you can and you won't go wrong. we're all a friendly bunch in here and will help as much as we can. aint that right maleo? lol

good luck

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

How could I forget about good old Clare!

Yes, sammy, try TheyWorkForYou.com: Are your MPs and Peers working for you in the UK's Parliament? - if you put in your postcode, it will tell you who your MP is, and you can send them an email from there. Let them know your plight - if they're sympathetic, it might speed up your case as a letter from an MP is worth it's weight in gold.

Absolutely - Netty is friendlier than most - she's even got me flirting with her! ;) Help is always at hand - we all started where you are, and we've all had to learn what you have (and will) along the way.

Dave

(Thread here)

Thanks for the advice you 2 but please forgive me if I dont flirt with netty, Im sure you are gorgeous though;)

I have to say though it does seem very daunting at the moment but this site is great.

everybody feels the same intimidation at the start sammy but if you believe in what your fighting for you can't go wrong. it's daunting to a degree, but there is so much help here, at every single stage, no need to worry.

p.s. i am gorgeous hahahaaha (if only) that's why i'm here on a saturday night watching the footy lol

netty x

Netty - I used it to pay off my credit cards, and to buy a Nintendo Wii........ So Saturday night, which should have been spent on the lash has ended up being a night in front of the telly!! :p

Sammy - listen to the wise words of Netty - have faith in yourself and the fact that HSBC, whether you make it to court or not, WILL PAY UP!!

Dave

(Thread here)

i bet hubby is sayin 'yeyeye' at the moment... but you watch the sparkle in his eye when the cheque drops on the mat lol

i'm goin to bed y'all.......... catch u tomorrow ok

sleep tight xx

Sammy, hope it goes well. I'm claiming on behalf of my husband - HSBC closed his account over 18 months ago due to being so overdrawn from all their fees! And now We've just received an offer from their solicitors (DG). We've submitted the MCOL, and the Allocation Questionnaire, so pretty far down the line with the claim. I'll subscribe to your thread to see how you get on.

HSBC £4,528

Began process with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 5/7/06

Recieved payment on 21/4/07

:) hiya everyone! *waves i dont know if i am posting in the right bit or even if anyone will see this,this is my first post to the threads. i am currently part way into claiming back nearly £800 of bank charges from 2 accounts held with lloydstsb. i have 2 querys really i suppose i shuld have found out before threatening court action, the first being,will i be able to claim back my husbands charges as i am joined to his bank account but some of the charges are before i joined? i suppose what i really need to know as we are still together is will i be able to use the same court case to get both lots of charges back? and also if i do (fingers crossed) win my money back will the bank be aloud to just take the charges off our debts with them or will they send a cheque?? i really think i have gone about this all wrong as i am now threatening court action and terrified i will have to go as i am 5 months pregnant and a bag of nerves, we currently have a loan and a large overdraft with the bank and im terrified they will be really miffed at us and force us to pay them back in one go which i definately cannot afford to do!!:eek: if any of this has made sense to anyone please let me know - thank you for taking the time to read my essay and i look forward to a time of forums and threads :)

hi

as the account is with tsb you could ask a moderator to move your thread to the tsb forum. there will be plenty of help on there with stories about tsb

good luck with your claim

to pm a moderator - go back the CAG page, and right at the very bottom is all the people who are online. the mods are the names in red.

Not yet, hubby still fannying about with the printer:rolleyes: I am having one problem with the letter though. Near the end it says

' However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.'

We moved house recently so the one that will be on our records will be different to the one on the letter. Not sure how to word it.

"However, please note that the address you have normally used to communicate my private business has changed. This address was previously , however it has now changed to . I enclose a photocopy/scan/digital shot/painting of a recent utility bill which you can use to verify for security purposes."

Maybe?

Oh, and your husband is SO going to want a Wii... Been playing Red Steel all day... the swordfighting is AMAZING!

The joy of half term!

Dave

(Thread here)

Will see how much we get first, you still cant get them round here anyway:rolleyes: Its not like he doesnt have anything. Apart from the PC we have PS1 and 2, Game cube and my 2 boys have a DS lite each. Thats before we get into the ZX spectrum and C64:rolleyes: :rolleyes: