Gavman v BOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Mumofthreeboys
More a curiosity than anything, but why can you not claim back interest on money paid for charges?. It would of being accruing interest if it had been in the account rather than removed (yes, I know it would of probably been spent anyway), so why is it felt that you should not be claiming it?

You can reclaim a proportion of the overdraft interest, which is due to you because you had charges applied. I was referring to s69 interest, which is totally different interest.

gavman99 -

I had the same letter and I phoned them, heres what happened with me -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I phoned them today and spoke to Carol,a polite Irish lady. I gave her the reference number from the letter and I explained that the letter asked me to call them as soon as possible.

Carol needed some security questions answered so I politely answered the following questions.

My full name.

My full address.

My date of birth.

Where I had opened my account originally.

When my last withdrawl from this account occured.

What my overdraft facility was.

As the questions flowed I was starting to feel a little iritable but I remained polite. She asked me again ,What was it the halifax could do for me with regard to my phone call?

I again pointed out that the letter had asked me to call. She put me on hold while she went to check. She eventually came back and stated it was the normal 4 week letter they had sent me.She even read the letter out to me over the phone.She did however omit the paragraph which asked me to call them.

I read this paragraph back to her and she was a little confused, "That shouldnt be in your letter and theres no reason I can see regarding your account for you to phone"

I mentioned that the letter requested further information from me to investigate my complaint. She informed me that they had all the information needed to investigate.

So my 14 day deadline continues before my LBA is sent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had a few letters of a simmilar nature. I finally concluded that they want you to ring them because, 'are you sure you can not pay more /all of the balance'.

You try telling them that financially you can not pay more, yet they still try. Blood, stone, out comes to mind!

Good luck to each and all.

All comments are personal opinion only.