Action against Halifax PLC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Enough is enough, I have been frustrated about excessive bank charges for years, but until I discovered your site I thought that they were in the right to make these charges, and that it was totally my fault in the way I handled my account (No other options though).

I have now started the ball rolling by handing in to my local branch yesterday (24th February) a 'Data Protection Act Disclosure request' giving the 40 days in which to respond.

If the don't respond what is my next step; a complaint to Data protection agency ?

Enough is enough, I have been frustrated about excessive bank charges for years, but until I discovered your site I thought that they were in the right to make these charges, and that it was totally my fault in the way I handled my account (No other options though).

I have now started the ball rolling by handing in to my local branch yesterday (24th February) a 'Data Protection Act Disclosure request' giving the 40 days in which to respond.

If the don't respond what is my next step; a complaint to Data protection agency ?

• 3 weeks later...

calendar days...

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

Thanks for prompt reply.

Another query- just been into my local branch to check progress, notes indicate letter for 'request for Disclosure' has been forwarded to 'DSAR' department.

Any one know this department ??

Tuesday 21st Feb - received list of transaction from Halifax, no details of manual intervention though !!

Today have calculated total charges and interest over last six years, ammounts to £956.80, and have sent off preliminary request for repayment of charges (modified from library) giving them 14 days before I Issue the next 'letter before action'.

Will let you know how I get on

• 2 weeks later...
No responce from Halifax to Preliminary request for payment, now posted Letter Before Action giving them further 14 days to pay up.

I too have not received any responses. They have 7 days left to respond to LBA (gave them 14 days), so will give you an update when that runs out.

• 2 weeks later...

At the point of filling in N1 claim form to instigate court proceedings.

Just two queries!!

1) Name of Claimant - If it is a joint account, must the claimant be both myself and my wife, or can I just claim as an individual in only my name ?

2) Name of defendant - Which address do we use, Registered office, or local branch ?

Hugh

re your post point 1) - Not sure of this but would be interested to know as I have/had a joint account with an ex with lots of charges on it. Don't even know where he lives now and account is dormant albeit with 10quid in it.

with regard to point 2) your local branch will do

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

• 5 months later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks