mr moo v Barclays

mr moo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for that info it can be a bit daunting when you start this process, iam terrified really but iam so sick of being in the red each month. we have two kids and we never spend any money on ourselves yet we really struggle each month. We work really hard yet its our bank that gets ritch.

hi to everyone today can anyone tell me have barclays closed down anyones bank accounts after you started taking action to recover your costs. Also ive been looking at my statements and it seems i was overdrawn by about 10-15 pounds each month and they put 30 pound charges then they repeat this charge for having been overdrawn more with the first 30 pound this seems to happen alot is it worth me taking them to court. please help

hi to everyone today can anyone tell me have barclays closed down anyones bank accounts after you started taking action to recover your costs. Also ive been looking at my statements and it seems i was overdrawn by about 10-15 pounds each month and they put 30 pound charges then they repeat this charge for having been overdrawn more with the first 30 pound this seems to happen alot is it worth me taking them to court. please help

Firstly, please keep you questions on your original thread. Do not open a new thread for every new question. I have arranged for the two that you've opened are merged. It helps us to help you.

In answer to your questions, Barclays do not, as a matter of course, close accounts but there is always a possibility. That's why this site encourages people to open a parachute account where Direct Debits etc can be transferred in the unlikely event that they do close an account.

Of course it's worth taking them to court but it's entirely up to you. What they are doing is wrong.

Good Luck in whatever you decide to do.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

hi ive just sent for my statements to barclays data protecton,radroke hall,knutsford cheshire please can any one tell me the address of the bank or person i send my return of charges and other letters to please help

hi sandbag has given you the address at the top of this thread i used this to send all of my letters to. i was in the same boat as you struggling each month i've just taken barclays to court for about £2000 of charges, and i've just got back £1400 from the halifax. stick it out you will get your money back and probably more (the interest you claim when it goes to court). This site is full of people in the same boat and they are more than willing to help

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

hi everyone today can anyone tell me should i do copys of all my letters i send and if so how many, and should they all be sent recorded delivery .And one other thing is it ok to hand write letters as my printer is playing up of late many thanks

hi you need to keep at least one copy of everything you send so you can photocopy it at a later date,if you want to do them now you will need 3 copies of each item. It is best that you send everything recorded delivery then you know they have recieved them. As for the hand written letter i don't think it would be a problem as long as its readable.

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

Thanks Ronvin One Other Thing Should I Copy Template Letters Exact, As In The Second Letter Requesting That The Bank Refund The Money It Goes On To Say They Have Made Bad Judgement Against My Name Should I Put All This In As I Dont Know That To Be True

if you have had a default notice against you or a bad credit score with barclays because of the charges you can ask for it to be removed i think this bit is in red if you are not too sure leave it out. have you sent off you request for statements yet?

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

iam really ****ting myself now ive just started this process but iam going to go all the way ive been reading loads about the court bundles and wanted to have myn well prepared the only thing is i have no printer and i cant acccess the basic book worm court bundle ah any advice

don't worry about that yet its a while off you only need to concentrate on your statements for the time being. the next step i asking for your money back and giving them 14 days to do so (which they don't, they may offer you a small amount of what they owe though, its up to you whether you take this or not) the next step is you letter before action (LBA) where you give them a further 14 days before you take them to court. so you have at least 2 months before you get to this stage so don't worry about the court part yet

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

hi everyone just a quick update sent off dpa letter 9th feb with £10.oo postal order, got postal order back with a letter today from a mr Peter Townsend stating they are dealing with my request and as a guesture of good will they are prepared to send out my statements free of charge, which is quite good of them concidering lol. It also says please be aware that statements after 2000 are stored manually and make take longer than 40 days. Can someone please advice me do we have to wait 40 regular days incuding sat and sunday or is it just working days for all the letter deadlines ? please post and let me know thanks. As i want to do it all by the book .:!:

• 4 weeks later...

hi to everyone just a quick update sent my first letter on the 9th of feb and got statements today in total charges are 1460.oo wrote my second letter today asking for charges returned will post it thursday :-|

also calculated charges with interest for court can anyone tell me if my figures are right 1460.00 charges plus 8% interest at £156.33 total amount £1616.33 please tell me if this was right ammount thanks

its okay ive sent my prelim off and i didnt add the overdraft interest as i didnt have a clue how to work it out anyway balls slowly rolling now so will keep everyone posted heres hoping it goes to plan

just follow what everyone else is doing and you wont go far wrong just make sure you stick to your deadlines

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

CURRENT CLAIMS

ronvin can you please advice due to send lba tomorrow got a standard reply from prelim letter dealing with your case bla bla bla will take for weeks lba off tomorrow deadline for this is 13th april but the problem is we move house on the 23rd april. should i advice of chandge of address on lba then wait till we move to cornwall on the 23rd before i start court action. please advice and reply asap your advice is really appriciated