1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL 1st credit have now sent me a letter stating legal proceedings saying the usual blab, if they are successful it may result in

substantial legal cost and intrest being charged

entry of me name in the county court judgment register

application to my employer for an attachment of earnings (good luck am self employed)

seizer of my assets

a charing order against my property (haha i rent)

Please take this final opportunity to make contact!

do you think I should write to them and remind them they have failed to provide me with a true copy CCA and true copy of the Deed of Assignment with in the legal time frame

Its not your job to remind these 'people':rolleyes: of the law. They are well aware of it and what they need to do. The letter is a standard computer generated load of baloney.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a postal order. Can I check whether it was cashed? Mind you, their solicitor mailed me to say they have requested the documents from the original creditor and will forward "it" onto me when it arrives.

None of the slips from my other CCA requests have been returned either.

As far as I know, 1st credit's 12 days were up a week ago tomorrow, if we count weekends (?) :rolleyes:

Hi, I bought a postal order recently, first time in years, and was told by the very helpful lady at the P.O. that you can now trace if and when it was cashed. I can't remember how though! Have you still got the printed receipt for it? You will need that to check...then go to the P.O. website, I'm sure it will tell you how there, if not pop to the P.O. and ask.

Re the CCA request only working days are included.

Good luck.

no we dont count weekends

12 working days.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

no we dont count weekends

12 working days.

Most of these 'people' still ring on Saturdays and Sundays and quoute these as office hours on their correspondence so if they regard them as working days for the purpose of their business then why can we not regard them as working days for the purposes of the CCA:wink:

yeah i get what your saying and guess you could argue that in court but the OFT etc gives them 12 working days lol.

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

yeah i get what your saying and guess you could argue that in court but the OFT etc gives them 12 working days lol.

Well it was just a thought. What does the Act actually define as a working day though. If you could prove they work on a Saturday the logically you claim this as a working day. Hold on DCAs dont understand the logic principle.

DCA dont understand jack schmit!

you should read some of my threads, you would understand then lol

DCA dont understand jack schmit!

you should read some of my threads, you would understand then lol

Kenny mate I read all your posts, many bring a smile to my face. The rules of this forum, the libel laws etc prevent me from venting my true feelings. But the times they are a changing

• 2 weeks later...

:::UPDATE:::

Got a letter from LCS Solicitors today

Client : 1st Credit

Debt : Lloyds TSB

Balancce £2670.70

REF ******

1st Credit ref *****

We act on behalf of 1st credit Ltd who has instructed us to write to you concerning this seriously overdue account. You will Apprecitate that the debt has been formally assigned to our client by LLOYDS TSB

Unless full payment is made to our client within 14 days from the date of this letter we are instructed to issue proceedings against you in the County Court for recovery. Should that step prove necessary our client's claim will include statutory interest, court frees and Solicitors cost. If judgment is obtained against you then ,after a periord of 28 days, it will automatically be registered at the county court judgments and will make an adverse affect on your credit rating.

Please note that we are not instructed to enter into correspondence with you regarding this matter prior to the issue of legal proceedings.

All payments and communiations should be made direct to our clients whose address is

1st Credit LTD

PO Box 278

Reigate

RH 2 7 WB

Please ensure that you quote thier account number on all of your correspondence.

If you are unable to make payment in full you must contact 1st Credit LTD immediately, their telephone number is 0870 164 2045

Yours Faithfully

LCS Solicitors

*small print* LCS Solicitor is the legal division of 1st credit LTD, registered in England and Wales number 3752940

do you think Its time to write to them and remind them they have failed to provide me with a true copy CCA and true copy of the Deed of Assignment with in the legal time frame and that they a pi**ing into the wind

i got the same letter quite some time ago, then heard nothing for few months.

Then recived altter this week from Connaught, who it has been passed to now.

they say they are filing for bankrupty, and after reading lots of threads and getting advice, this seems like just a scare tactic.

they sent it via post, which is not the proper way to serve a Stautory demand, and they probably don't even legally own the account.

• 1 month later...

1st Cred are now past the 30 working day deadline so are committing an offence. They allegedly bought the account from MBNA and were very aggressive in pursuing it. Since my CCA request they have been strangely silent, except to acknowledge the request. I've received no Credit Agreement, no statements, no Deed of Assignment. Nothing.

all better for you should they decide to go to court.

Its their problem now. They havent the paperwork, They have broken the law. Complain to Trading Standards and also ask 1st Crapit for a copy of thir complaints procedure. They are legally bound to have one. Complain, complain and then complain again

• 3 weeks later...
1st Cred are now past the 30 working day deadline so are committing an offence. They allegedly bought the account from MBNA and were very aggressive in pursuing it. Since my CCA request they have been strangely silent, except to acknowledge the request. I've received no Credit Agreement, no statements, no Deed of Assignment. Nothing.

From my experience with 1st Credit (the debt is with Citifinancial), don't get complacent.....I CCA'd them in February, rec'd a letter of acknowledgement and then nothing until mid May. They have now really woken up and are pursuing me with a vengeance.....unfortunately for me I believe the Agreement they sent me has all the prescribed terms!

good luck....CX

From my experience with 1st Credit (the debt is with Citifinancial), don't get complacent.....I CCA'd them in February, rec'd a letter of acknowledgement and then nothing until mid May. They have now really woken up and are pursuing me with a vengeance.....unfortunately for me I believe the Agreement they sent me has all the prescribed terms!

good luck....CX

Are you sure its the genuine article. Post it on here and someone will pick holes in it for you. Complain officially to them to them about the delay reminding them that they have committed a summary Criminal Offence and when you are not satsified with their response complain to FOS and they will charge them £400 just to investigate.

Are you sure its the genuine article. Post it on here and someone will pick holes in it for you. Complain officially to them to them about the delay reminding them that they have committed a summary Criminal Offence and when you are not satsified with their response complain to FOS and they will charge them £400 just to investigate.

Thanks for your post....if only I could operate my scanner!! It's a loan agreement, lists the total amount of Credit, Total Amount Payable, duration, monthly payment amount, total charge for credit made up of interest and arrangement fee. It is signed by both parties on the same date. It lists my rights before my signature. It does not have a 'my right to cancel' clause. You're right...there probably are some terms missing....I am able to email a scanned version tomorrow (for some reason scanned versions won''t work for me when I post). I will also complain to the FOS. great advice...many thanks....Cx

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody,

This is my first post on this site so forgive me for sounding naive. I have a problem. I have recently emigrated and had a credit card with MBNA. They have sold this debt onto 1st credit who have some how got hold on my mother-in-laws address! I have never ever lived at this address and my finances are in no way linked to my in-laws which is why I am mightily annoyed! The only people I gave this to were my old mobile phone company!! My mother-in-law is fast approaching 70 and is extemely worried. They are threatening legal action. Whilst I freely admit this mess is my own fault I do not want them to know where I am. I have emailed them and even phoned them (and left a voicemail) advising them that I do not and have never lived at that address and if the letters continue I will seek legal advise on their behalf for harrassment. We here do I stand. HELP PLEASE! :(

Type up a letter from your mother in law stating that you do not live at the address, never have lived at the address aand that any further correspondence from them will be reported to Trading Standards with a view to reporting them for a breach of OFT Guidelines and offences under the Administration of Justice Act.