Fearless T vs Clydesdale Bank - Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am just starting out, and thought I would involve you in the entire process after seeing how helpful you are for others. I have just sent the following letter to my home branch of Clydesdale bank. I read that the Clydesdale are notoriously bad for getting back to people and may need your continued support. For that, I thank you in advance. Without seeing the transactions, I reckon there may be a few thousand quid at stake here. Anyway, here is my first letter, penny for your thoughts:

Mr XXXXXX XXXX

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXX

02 Feb 07

Clydesdale Bank

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXXXX

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

Regarding: XXXXXXXX/XXXXX

Under the Data Protection Act 1984 and 1998, and including the right of subject access under these acts, I would be grateful if you would supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my bank account since February 2001. Alternatively a complete set of bank statements for that period will be acceptable.

Please deduct the statutory maximum fee of £10 from the above account. I understand that you have 40 days in which to comply. My intention is to reclaim any money lost on disproportionate penalties levied against me.

You may be aware that due to massive media attention you may receive more letters like this one. You may also be aware that every time you receive one of these letters it will be followed by a request for a full refund of any disproportionate penalty charges, allowing you 14 days to do so before further action. I would therefore be grateful if you would refund all these charges dating back 6 years immediately and you will not incur the court fees or your solicitor’s fees.

I am grateful for your time.

Yours faithfully,

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX