Me vs Nationwide

Up-North
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first go at this, so this is where I am up to.

22/12/2006 - Letter sent requesting 6 years statments.

02/01/2007 - Leter recieved confirming request from Mr Greenacre.

09/01/2007 - Letter/Statements arived (in rubber band not folder) from Ms Thomas.

11/01/2007 - Letter sent requesting refund of £7921.71 plus intrest (gave 14 days).

22/01/2007 - Standard fob off letter re transparent, open etc from Mr Huntley.

25/01/2007 - Letter sent requesting repayment again (gave 14 days).

05/02/2007 - Standard fob of letter re referal to Member Services from Mr Huntley, (actualy recieved two copies through post).

09/02/2007 - Completed Money Claim Online, made payment, got fingers crossed.

Regards

10/02/2007 - Received letter from Ms Cornell, Member Services stating they are investigating my complaint quoting that the FSA gives them 8 weeks to reply.

Looks like they have turned my request into a complaint so they try to stall me for a further 8 weeks and longer if they write to me stating why they cannot send a full response.

To late for them now that court process has started. Claiming contractual interest.

Regards

• Haha 1

Well done you upnorthman! i've sent my court claim off through MCOL today so a week or so behind, hope you get it all back!

aimee.

• Haha 1

:D Nationwide successful claim = £2010

:roll: Received S.A.R for Barclaycard 18.05.07 - Sent Prelim 29.05.07

:rolleyes: Sent off S.A.R request for Capital one 15.05.07

:rolleyes:Sent off S.A.R request for Alliance & Leics 15.05.07

16/02/2007 - Letter received from Mr Johnson from Member Servicing advising they have completed their investigations into my ""complaint"" and find that they are comfortable that they have been open and transparent with their fees. And hope this clarifies the reason for not being able to refund my charges, they also don't want to loose me as a member.

What utter BS, they will be uncomfortable now the court process is gaining momentum, And it is I that will hopefully be comfortable very soon.

I will have to remind them when they close my account that they dont want to loose me as a member.

Regards

Hi,

Once you issie MCOL, they settled with me in a week.

Money paid straight into my account.

Then they told me they would close my account in 30 days.

As they have not got back to me by today after I threatened further action I will now go back to court to take further action!!

• Haha 1

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

Hi,

Nor me, I started my court case 17th feb and I got a letter as you did saying they are defending my claim and its acknowledged but nothing more :-(

aimee.

It does seem as if they are changing their tactics a bit now days they seem to acknowledge the claim saying they will defend then nothing. Does anyone get their money within a week after their claim acknowlege :idea: :confused:

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi,

Im the same 17 days gone now and nothing. I have had a transaction of less than 300 pounds credited to my account but it just says 'cash credit' i presume thats not it, they've sent no correspondence and my claim was for 2152 approx..

hope you hear from them soon upnorth!

my sister just got £1334.21 which was paid as £999 and £335.21 this is the charges in full, and overdraft interest but not got the 8% interest or the court fee, her claim was started

request 8th Jan

LBA 22nd Jan

action 5th Feb

so she just waiting for the court cost of 120 and 105.02 in the interest, so should all be done for her soon, this how nationwide payout then in this order

Hi,

do you know how long between each payment?

thanks again,

aimee.

mad i got a letter from nationwide my self this morning telling me that they have paid 151.00 into my account and 30 in court fee and 5.03 in interest, and it says at the bottom that they are unable to provide me with an account thats completely free of charge, and if i breach the terms and conditions of that account, in the future i should make alternative banking arrangements, as it may be necessary for them to give me 30days notice, does this mean they are closing the account or i can keep it open.

another point there has been a payment of 149 into the account, but thats not the amount they have said they paid back, do i have to tell the court the money has been given back to me, this was only a claim for just under 200 not my main claim on my other account, going on there figures they say they have credited 151.00 8%interest of 5.03 and 30 court costs,

Hi,

Yeah i think there is a letter in the templates bit to send saying you are not accepting part refund etc.. ?

mad i got a letter from nationwide my self this morning telling me that they have paid 151.00 into my account and 30 in court fee and 5.03

another point there has been a payment of 149 into the account, but thats not the amount they have said they paid back

You could always give Nationwide a quick call refering to the letter. Give them a couple of days though as they tend to pay in dribs and drabs.

and it says at the bottom that they are unable to provide me with an account thats completely free of charge, and if i breach the terms and conditions of that account, in the future i should make alternative banking arrangements, as it may be necessary for them to give me 30days notice, does this mean they are closing the account or i can keep it open.

It looks like they may have changed their tune a little and are not closing your account. It certainly doesn't look like an official notice.

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

the complete wording is

Alough we have refunded charges to your account on this occasion, we are unable to provide you with a current account that is completely free of all charges if you breach the terms and conditions of that account. We Will, therefore, expect you to comply with the terms and conditions of the account, in future. If you are unable to do this, it may be appropriate for you to make alternative banking arrangements as it may be necessayr for us to give you 30 days notice to close you account if further breaches of the terms and conditions arise.

was sent from a

Jeanette Mazzotta

Customer Service manager

08/03/2007 - Just had a shock when checking my account - Paid in full £10,122.67 plus costs and canceled any pending charges.

Got home and found the letter as above.

Will make a donation when I have sorted everything out.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Good luck everyone, hang in there I am sure you will get what is owed to you.

Well done up north!

you can stop court proceedings through MCOL I believe, i think you went through them didnt you?