Bailiffs Forcing Entry and Using Restraint - Please Read, Important - Deadline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Logged in for the first time in ages late last night and saw this so have signed the word document petition and emailed it back, also posted on mse with a link to this thread.

Just found this thread about the same thing with an online petition setup and working

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/65926-do-you-want-bailiffs.html

• Haha 1

Signed it already, just checked only 40 on there at the moment, c'mon guys and gals start linking and signing :-D

Do you want bailiffs forcing entry to YOUR HOME. If not

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

JEEEEZ Stan,

are you sittin' there counting them as they sign?? pmsl :-D

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

Christ Stan, what was your previous job? watching paint dry? pmsl ;-)

Must be lambing ;-)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

The whole lot needs scrapping. The bailiff laws are archaic anyway, this new bill puts us back in the dark ages.

Our basic democratic freedom is being slowly but surely eroded. We are bombarded with rules, regulations and laws at home and at work, mostly for health and safety reasons, e.g. you must get a registered installer to fit your new windows, you have no right to silence and are forced to name the driver of your car caught speeding on camera, you must sort your rubbish and put it in a certain bin, ID cards soon to be forced upon us and so on. The point is, we are becoming a state-controlled society and losing our rights.

The Human Rights Act says we have the right to peacefully enjoy our possessions or something like that. The HRA was introduced to protect our rights and UK plc is slowly taking them away. Something needs to change, you will always have chancers who use the system to their advantage and never pay up but we are becoming a state where everything is a crime. It was never a crime to owe money and the extortionate charges by bailiffs mean that those most in need can never repay what they owe because the charges are increasing faster than their ability to pay it off.

Bailiffs should be banned completely, scrap the appalling charges and give some genuine help to poorer people on how to manage their money. Murderers, druggies and paedofiles get help, why not ordinary people who's lives are being ruined by the stress of bailiffs visiting when their only "crime" is to not be able to afford to pay their bills?

Tonight's rant over, sorry.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

The whole lot needs scrapping. The bailiff laws are archaic anyway, this new bill puts us back in the dark ages.

Agreed

Hi Sayelectric

There has been a few developments on this not he least of which is that there is another petition also on the site. Please sign both if you can the last thing that we want to happen is to create a race between the two petitions and split the support.

Also there is going to be an amendment tabled by Lord Lucas on the 20th .He wrote to me about it last week asking for support. The amendments he proposes include appointing an officer of the court to regulate Bailiff Action and handle complaints. I was not impressed by this as to my mind this kind of control has never worked on bailiffs in the past and I doubt it will work in the future.

I think we must be careful here if the government are allowed to let the law stand and throw us a bone by increasing regulation we have lost.

We must go for the complete removal of any legislation that legally permits bailiffs to enterer peoples homes without consent and use forcible restraint. There would then be no need for extra regulation.

Kind regards

Peter

• Haha 1

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Am I right in thinking they are now considering withdrawing the restraining element of the new bill?

Hi

No what has happened Is that Baroness Ashton has agreed not to present the restraint part of the bill.However this is not the same as having the section deleted as it can be slipped under the door at a future time the same way the earlier legislatin on Bailiffs was. What we need is it's complete deletion from the bill.

Kind regards

Peter

Not at all

Barroness Ashton is the Peer that introduced the Tribunals Court and Enforcement bill to the Lords.

She is the prime mover for making the Bill Law.

Public Bills like this one can be introduced in either the Commons or the lords but have to go through both houses before they get the queens signature and become law. This particular bill is now at the last reading at the lords and once it has passed through it will go to the commons, where it will go through the same numererous readings and reports.

This is where we must take the fight through our MPs and through the petitions.

Regards Peter

Kind regards Peter

Nice lady then...:mad: ... with no idea about how debt affects those who fall upon hard times.... never likely to experience life in the real world, is she ? This was exactly the point I was trying to make to Blacksheep... that toffs/middle classes will always try to protect their own interests simply because they have the power and influence to do so.

Those that can't afford to pay are seen as an inconvenience that have to be dealt with... in order to protect the interests that these people cherish so much.

Back on my soap box again...

Nice lady then...:evil: ... with no idea about how debt affects those who fall upon hard times.... never likely to experience life in the real world, is she ? This was exactly the point I was trying to make to Blacksheep... that toffs/middle classes will always try to protect their own interests simply because they have the power and influence to do so.

Strangely this is axactly the point of view that Lord Beauly put to me that is why he is hopeing to have more luck in the commons where"People live closer to the reality of debt",he is the one fighting for us to get the legislation scrapped.

Kind regards

Peter

Peter