Bailiffs Forcing Entry and Using Restraint - Please Read, Important - Deadline

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wow - just what I was talking about, didn't think anyone would actually say it though. So you don't think you should have to pay back money you borrowed and you think its someone elses fault? If you weren't able to foresee your inability to repay how would a lender who barely knows anything about you know any better? Its not their fault now is it?

If the companies hadn't dished out so much credit, it would only have gone to people with high paying jobs and excellent credit records and you'd still be on here moaning, but rather about how lenders regarded you as a second class citizen due to not being able to borrow.

That is exactly the argument they use for needing to constantly access our private information on the CRAs - so they can assess our creditworthiness... they can clearly see that an individual has, for example, a handfull of credit cards with a total balance of perhaps £30k or more, so if they choose to give that individual another card and transfer £10k of that debt in order to make some money out of interest, then they are taking a risk... the lenders are WELL aware of the risk they take, and I dare say it is very carefully calculated by rafts of very clever accountants... as has been said before, our claims of excessive bank charges etc. makes a hardly noticeable dent in their profit. The lenders factor in a percantage of bad debt, just as retailers factor in "shrinkage" into their shop floor prices to allow for the amount of stuff they loose to shoplifters.

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, just venting my frustration!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The greed of the credit companies to make quick bucks is now coming back at them, and I for one think it quite amusing... they took a risk, a gamble, giving us all way too much credit, and so they should take some bad debt on the chin. The simple fact is if they hadn't dished out so much credit so freely, then bad debt would be virtually non-existent.

I posted something similar Blacksheep.... please re-read if you get a chance.

The class/income divide suits creditors very nicely thanks. Well-off individuals with excellent credit records are rarely preyed upon by banks, etc... because they don't usually need that kind of help to get ahead.

Individuals without that kind of income make their own risk assessments in much the same way as lenders do. However, the main difference is that lenders are the very same middle-class individuals who don't need the extra help to get ahead and therefore, usually lack a basic understanding of the kind of life circumstances that can sometimes leave people without an ability to repay.... they have never been there and, it is highly unlikely that they would ever find themselves in the same boat as most of us in terms of money..

Consequently, the money and influence that lenders have at their disposal is often used in a coercive, bullying manner... when they realise that for most of us, life is not that financially predictable and secure.... and they have trouble recovering their money.

It all boils down to a selfish concern for their own financial interests. They lend it out for their own selfish interests and then try to enforce government legislation to claw it back in unscrupulous ways.... based upon their own selfish interests. If they treated individuals with a little bit of respect, most of the scenarios described on this site could be avoided very nicely.

Unfortunately, you appear to be no different, Blacksheep. Sad for you I think... because here you are, supporting these crackpot measures... without having the financial clout (I am assuming) for it to be of any use to you if/when it goes through. Classic characteristics of a tabloid reader... even though you say you are not.

:)

CRA information is limited at best - you have a far better idea of what you owe and can afford to owe, if you can't control your spending or don't know what you can afford to spend then how on earth is some company with a few lines of data meant to know? It isn't their fault (in regards to ammount lent - maybe in regards to fees it is) those people who think it is are fools and in denial.

blacksheep,

your not listening or reading properly what people are posting, it has been said that people do take a risk borrowing and they weigh things up themselves, originally affording what they borrow, circumstances change, i.e. redundancy etc... thats when people start to have the difficulties in paying back, no-one has such foresight as to see what the future holds for any of us. No-one on this sight is a fool or in denial as you state, the people on here have genuine reasons for asking for help, thats what this site is all about. Quite frankly I find some of your posts condescending and offensive to people who require genuine help . All you are doing is putting people off asking for that help on seeing your posts. THIS SIGHT IS ABOUT HELPING PEOPLE. You have asked for help previously, or maybe you have such a short memory you forgot asking for help yourself!

Your obviously on a wind up mission!!

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

everyone is entitled to MY opinion!:D

I offer my comments without prejudice or liability.

If you found my advice helpful, please click the scales at the top.

CRA information is limited at best - you have a far better idea of what you owe and can afford to owe, if you can't control your spending or don't know what you can afford to spend then how on earth is some company with a few lines of data meant to know? It isn't their fault (in regards to ammount lent - maybe in regards to fees it is) those people who think it is are fools and in denial.

"How on earth does a company with a few lines of data meant to know ?" Then why do they do it then, Blacksheep.... because they hope to make a financial gain from people, of course. Simple.

No-one on this sight is a fool or in denial as you state, the people on here have genuine reasons for asking for help,

Yes people have a genuine reaason for asking for help - they are in debt. As to not being in denial I could post several links but that wouldn't go down well. Veryannoyed for one seems to think its the creditors fault for lending the money.....

"How on earth does a company with a few lines of data meant to know ?" Then why do they do it then, Blacksheep.... because they hope to make a financial gain from people, of course. Simple.

Obviously - thats what every business is there for. Its not so that you can afford that car now that without a loan you would have to wait 5 years to save up for. Businesses are purely in business to make a profit be it through selling loans or fruit. They don't do it to ruin peoples lives, they far prefer a customer who pays every month on time than one who misses payments and finally it ends up in the hands of baillifs.

blacksheep - I didn't say it was the creditors fault at all... but as you don't seem to bother to read anyone else's posts properly, I don't expect you to read mine properly either...

I said they take a calculated risk in lending money, and therefore since it is a risk, they should, and indeed do, expect some bad debt.

Obviously - thats what every business is there for. Its not so that you can afford that car now that without a loan you would have to wait 5 years to save up for. Businesses are purely in business to make a profit be it through selling loans or fruit. They don't do it to ruin peoples lives, they far prefer a customer who pays every month on time than one who misses payments and finally it ends up in the hands of baillifs.

Obviously. Businesses are there to make a profit. However, some business operations do ruin people's lives... creditors masquerading as DCAs, when in fact, they are an in-house department... DCAs threatening to send bailiffs in, when they can't without a court order... How many other kinds of business do you know that operate in this manner ? Word of mouth would kill that business !! The business of debt collection however, is protected by those with power and unfortunately, that power is abused by those who have plenty of money and influence in the first place...

I fail to see how you can keep on defending your position on this issue, Blacksheep. The only people who will benefit from this new legislation will be the banks and DCAs... in an ideal world, we would all have enough to live on, enough food to eat, never get too ill to work, never get divorced and never suffer the loss of bereavement.

Real life is not like that. Therefore, if a creditor lends money without taking these possibilities into account, then that creditor has to accept that repayment will be in dribs and drabs until life gets better.... not sell the debt to a DCA, who are on an opportunist mission.... or get the bailiffs in just to make life that little bit more unbearable... or threaten to go for a property charge, even though the debt has been paid for X amount of years...

Would you advocate snooping into shopping trolleys as well... just to check folk weren't buying any luxury items like loo rolls when they could be using newspaper ? Why stop there ?... you could always advocate cutting of a person's heating supply and advise that they jump around the room instead.... maybe the bailiffs could check this out when they barge through the door, legally, of course. Toys for children... pah ! Seen and not heard eh, Blacksheep ? Condoms ?? Nope... they cost money... bedroom activities are a luxury.... Welcome to the world of Blacksheep.

Just how far would you be willing to go ?

The only people who will benefit from this new legislation will be the banks and DCAs...

nope, anyone who is owed money will benefit, wether that is a dca or some of the individuals who are on this site who are owed money by people they worked for, landlords etc.

The only people who would suffer would be those unwilling to pay - not unable.

Yes people have a genuine reaason for asking for help - they are in debt. As to not being in denial I could post several links but that wouldn't go down well. Veryannoyed for one seems to think its the creditors fault for lending the money......

In an ideal world blacksheep, we would all be debt free. I have always paid my debts when I was able to, I lost my job due to an injury, with no other income coming into the house obviously I fell behind in most things. My main priority was to keep a roof over my head and my childrens. TWO years I battled with creditors, they were not interested in my circumstances changing, AS THEY DO, not one of them offered me assistance in reduced payments etc... I have never denied being in debt, as I have previously stated, people are on this site asking for help in how to deal with their debt and in most cases if not all, they are not shirking their responsibilities but trying to get back on the right track. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but some of us have the good grace not to air them on here. you are very pre-judgemental, not knowing the circumstances surrounding people on here. You got bitten by someone who owes you, your bitterness towards them blinkers you into believeing these new powers should be used and your unwillingness to understand these powers and how they WILL be abused beggars belief!

Friendship costs nothing but its rewards can be priceless. Do not judge, as you will not be judged but if you can, try and assist where possible.:smile:

nope, anyone who is owed money will benefit, wether that is a dca or some of the individuals who are on this site who are owed money by people they worked for, landlords etc.

The only people who would suffer would be those unwilling to pay - not unable.

You are SO wrong blacksheep, EVERYONE will suffer regardless of unable or unwilling to pay. Legalised thugs will break down doors BEFORE they know whether they can pay or unable to. It doesnt matter one iota to them, they will damage property, take goods, assault people in doing so.

And just as an after thought, who will pay for ther damage for repairs to doors etc? I doubt very much they will, thus leaving someone with insecure property and the innability to pay for repairs. Hardly fair dont you think?

In your case blacksheep why dont you apply to the court to issue a distress warrant and instruct Bailiffs to go and get what you are owed?? Simple remedy really! And if he is a landlord, which by your last post it seems so, get them to attend one of the properties he owns if not his own!!

Coudnt have worded it better myself Stan ;-)

WOW!!!

tevion, your a born poet, dont you know it? ;-)

But I think thats wholly unfair on sheep as a species :-D

please pm the individual who has left cag and ask him to rejoin.

the postings of one very sad person on here does not reflect every ones views or weaken any help or advice that may be given.

dont know about being called blacksheep, EDIT

Have done it already! Have heard nothing back as yet. I have said what you said and have offered support if I can give it. Will have to wait and see, he knows who he is if he is reading this!

EDIT

I did say in an earlier post that I thought that Blacksheep was a very odd name to choose! I still think he's a debt collector!:rolleyes:

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Okay, good discussion up to page seven, but enough needling now, keep to the issue and not the members personally themselves...

These powers will be abused as much as if not more than the powers already in place, and the HoL needs to know what the public think. Links are in the first post.

The guidance for these new powers is printed and available in a Government booklet which will be given to certified bailiffs befrore they are allowed to go and collect. What situations to use force in, which situations to break in, restraining techniques, transport/dealing with female prisoners - but, for the likes of you and I, aka The Great Unwashed, the booklet made availiable was so heavily blacked that only the chapter headers were visible. The reason for this was so that the public couldn't use their knowledge of the guidelines 'to escape their debt'. So we're not going to know if they can put us in a headlock, or whether it's a breach; when they shove at our children rushing to our aid, is that a breach? don't know, it's blacked out. Are female debtors entitled to a female presence there in an all-male bailiff situation? We're not allowed to know. But don't worry - it's for our own good, don'tcherknow...

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)