Help please next step?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my mcol was served to the halifax on the 13th jan, they acknowledged on the 29th jan, they have until tomorrow to settle, i have not heard a thing even though i have rung them a few times. Would like to know what happens when i put a judegment against them, how long to they have then to settle - is it another month?

23rd oct - sent data protection letter to halifax

08th jan - mcol issued.

13th jan - halifax served.

29th jan - halifax acknowledged claim.

hello there

i would hang on till the start of next week if i were you ,

youll probably get a letter from then saying that they "for business reasons" will settle your claim to the full amount.

thats what happened to me on my first claim,

they usually dont contact you as it adds to the fear and uncertainty we go thru !

oh another important point is if you enter "judgement by default" paves the way for them to ask for a "set aside" or stay , which though late will be more than likely be granted and tyhat would drag the process on for more months - i read this somewhere else on the site arent sure precisely where sorry !

but in short i would hang tight for a few more days

i know its annoying as you can see the finish line but itll be worth it in the end

• Haha 1

hi thanks for that, i phoned them again today bu the guy who was dealing with my claim is of sick and apperently no-one else can help, i did however email their legal department and said i am due to put a judgement in soon, she said if i could wait until close of business monday and she is sure they will get back to me, i will see what happens monday and go from there.

23rd oct - sent data protection letter to halifax

08th jan - mcol issued.

13th jan - halifax served.

29th jan - halifax acknowledged claim.

KittenX,

Of course another route, if they haven't filed a defence or settled by the due date or a few days after, is that you seek judgement against them.

If they continue to be incompetent in the handling of your claim the you could be the next person sending the bailiffs in to your local branch to seize the tills and computers .........................

Good luck :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.