TonyBoland vs HALIFAX

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I woiuld like to say firstly that I think this site is worth its wieght in Gold and thanks to everone for providing support through this difficult time!

Ive posted my statments to Halifax going back to 2002 and they total to just under £2300. I stated in the letter that I wanted this money back plus the 8% interest - I think this may have been a mistake!? I used the template posted on the CAG website (Thanks very much guys!) and the 14 days is up on the 14th Feb. Ive recieved a letter saying that the pack will be sent to the customer complaints dept and had a leaflet about how the complaints process works, but ive had no correspondance since.

Going back to the 14 days - What happens after this date? - do i send another letter saying that 3I will start legal action and wait 14 more days or do I begin court action. Im pretty nervous about all this as im not legally minded.

Any support/suggestions would be greatfully appreciated!

Thanks

Tony

Preliminary letter sent 14th December

LBA posted 30th January

Phoned Halifax re: filing N1 14th February

N1 filed: 19th February

Letter offer = £1,850 20th February

Phoned Halifax re: offer 21st February :mad:

Full amount offer accepted 21st February :D

£2,420 credited to account: Pending

;)

Hi tony.

Dont worry about that. On here everything is tried and tested, If you just follow the guide lines you will be fine. ;)

This is an excellent start.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/64209-how-many-letters-needed.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

And here are all the letters you will need.

If you need any help just shout, but have a read first so you will know exactly where you are.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks a million! Do you think ill be ok with asking for the 8% back as well? i think maybe i overdid it a bit?

Have you ever heard of any cases where people have made claims in the court and lost to a bank? as im yet to see any evidence of people losing through through the courts

Thanks

Tony

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Thats ok, Just leave it out now until you get to the court stage.

Different websites have different ways, but everyone on here are doing the same way and getting paid. With interest...!

If you have to issue a court claim, the spreadsheet mentioned earlier will also calculate interest at 8% as allowed by s.69 the County Courts Act (1984) and which you will add to your claim at that point. NOTE: you do not claim the 8% unless you put in a court claim.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks - if it comes to settling before the court stage ill leave out the interest.

Many thanks sea-side lady! (i wish i lived near the sea side)

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Hi,

Its coming up to 14 days since my first letetr and i still havent heard anything from Halifax. Is this normal? Do i need to issue another letter after the 14 days is up or do contact them directly?

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Tony,

Click the link - it will help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

If you have only sent off your prelim - asking for it back, you will need tosend off you LBA (Letter Before Action) and another copy of the spreadsheet containing a copy of your schedule of charges - sea-side lady put the link on her ealier post, but here it is again:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Every thing that you'll need to send to thebank or court (if it gets that far) are in the Template Library. The only other advice is to read, read and re-rea as many threads as possible. It will give you an idea as to how Halifax respond at different stages, but not all claims are the same...

I've just filed my N1 (claim form) at court this mornig (LBA expired Saturday), but there is another thread on this forum from 2die 4 who started his claim 5 days after i did, and he has had an offer prior to going to court. The only rule regarding timescale and Haliprats is - There are no rules..!

Read the threads, step-by-step instructions and follow the advice on this site and you should be fine..

Survivor :cool:

• Haha 1

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi

Ive just re - read my above email and I apologise but this wasnt my preliminary letter. I actuall posted my LBA on the 31st Jan so the 14 days is up on the 14th Feb! Is it wise to maybe phone the bank and speak top them before filing a claim in small claims?

Im really not too confident about having to take this to court but i will If im entitled to the money back and im pretty sure i am. Sorry for just whining on but this is making me really nervous and im having trouble thinking about anything else. :(

Thanks!

LBA posted 30th January

;)

This is a personal decision. I know a few people have managed to get their amount when they phone, but also some come off the phone more mad and determined. It must depend on who you get.

Please dont be put off about the court. It sounds very scary but it is just paper work and people all help on here.

If you do decide to carry on then file claim and take a deep breath, but you might be one of the lucky ones on the phone! They tend to offer a low amount but you haggle it up to your amount.

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Hi, I spoke to Halifax customer services today and they said they hadnt even consulted my complaint yet or placed an advisor to it. They said that they work to the financial ombudsmans guidlines of 4 weeks!

Im not sure what to do about this as my first letter to halifax was essentiall my LBA and stated that they had 14 days to respond. Should I wait for the bank to contact me re my claim? or can i file the N1 as of today?

Also, i think that at a couple of occasions I have gone into the bank and contested some charges and i cant really remember when this was - and its quite difficult to see where the banks have refunded individual claims on my statements. Im sure they have refunded maybe 3 or 4 charges over the 5 years of statements but i cant be sure. Do I have to be exactly certain of the charges in the N1 form of can I simply knock of say £120 (for 4 charges refunded) off the total for the times i have been refunded?

Please help someone as I really need to get the ball rolling as im financially crippled at the moment - due to horrendous charges this month!

Thanks

Tony

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Hi,

Please can someone help with the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My 14 days is up but need advice before continuing with a claim

Any advice would help!

Thanks all!

x

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Tony,

They replied to my prelim and told me that they had 4 weeks to respond, but were looking at my complaint. Once the 14 days were uo that I set, I sent my LBA and got a reply at the 11th hour saying that they had a further 14 days filed las Monday.

See my thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/56689-survivor-halifax-new-claim-3.html#post564350

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi tony,

Firsrt of all dont wait for them, they are just stalling you.

FILE...!

The sooner you file the sooner you get your money back ;)

Also if you dont have the dates they refunded i wouldnt bother doing anything. Im sure if they were bothered then they will let you know. If its only about 4 over 5 years and your amount is a nice tidy amount, then just leave it.

Have you calculated your interest? Makes the amount look even nicer now!

Let us know when you have filed.

F&Q's... Read here

thanks ss lady! Ill file when i get back into my office on monday!

LBA posted 30th January

;)

certainly wont! Lets hope halifax are as good as thier word, and give us a little xtra! ;) (excuse the pun)

LBA posted 30th January

;)

As stated above, stick to the tried and tested guidelines. Perversely the Halifax rang me the afternoon I filed at court!!! No I didn't accept. Just keep reading, relax and enjoy being in the driving seat. Sally

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

ARGH!

Ive just been reading another thread today and read that when adding up the amounts from the statements - the £28 charge is interest and is not supposed to be accounted for?! is this supposed to be added to the amount claiming back? im really confused!

Was going to send the online form today but now im not so sure.... can someone please clarify if these summs are suposed to be added as I have added to them the amount i am claiming and ive added 8% interest to these charges in the online court claim form.

Any help or advice woulod be really appreciated!

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Hi all!

Im filling in the online claim form on the HMCS website - can anyone lend a hand as to one of the questions;

Ive entered this prose into the ‘details of claim’ section in the online claim form – Is this pointing in the right direction or does anyone have any suggestions as what to put here:

Halifax Plc have made charges on my account that are contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations1999. Schedule 2 (e) of the said regulations gives a non-complete list of terms, which may be regarded as unfair, such as a term that requires me as a consumer who fails in his obligation, to pay a disproportionately high sum in compensation. In addition I believe that the charges are a Penalty and irrecoverable at common law.

I have written to Halifax customer relations on the 31st Jan 07 asking for this sum to be refunded with no reply and again phoned customer services on the 15th Feb to ask for the money to be refunded but I still have had no indication as to when this will occur. I am therefore filing this claim to HMCS

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 31st July 2003 to 31st January 2007 of £187.01 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment.

Im hopeing to file this today so if anyone can help this would be really appreciated!

Thanks all!

T x

LBA posted 30th January

;)

Hi

I'd change the Interest bit to read :-

Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8% - £xxx [enter interest total at date of claim] continuing at 8% until judgment or settlement at a daily rate of £0.xx;

Why not calculate the interest upto the date of filing.

I'm no expert but it makes it clearer on the no. of days after serving to calculate the total interest.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

cheers barbershop!

Seems like youve done this before - did you file online too? ill make these changes and file later this aft.

LBA posted 30th January

;)