• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kat v HSBC ****WON****

Katteh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

now it's back to waiting for a bit. follow the advice on that thread - first thing is when the deadline for the aq has passed - wait about a week then ring the court to see if dg has filed theirs. get back and we will see if it's time to do anything else -

but an offer could come at any time. let us know. don't panic if it says - we aren't giving you blah, blah because of blah, blah, just come back here with it.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the support. :) I've had a good read up on what the next steps are and I'm sure the time will pass very slowly! I'm going to be printing out some stuff to read in my spare time to make sure I know the in's and out's of what's happening, as I realised when I sent my AQ off that I'd be way too unorganised, as I didn't even know what the draft direction order was! (although a read-up at the last minute remedied that!)

Thanks again for the help here, it's much appreciated. :D

Hi Helen, hope you get an offer through soon too! I won't hold my breath on getting an offer through anytime soon - I have had no correspondence from them so far. My AQ was due in 31st March but I decided to get it over and done with! Will you be filing a draft direction order with your AQ?

My AQ is due on the 31st March too and I will be doing a Draft Order for Directions with it. I am going to hand it into the courts on Friday 30th with my £100. Haven't heard anything from DG either like you and I sent them a nudge letter saying lets settle before the AQ date.

Left a message for Kate earlier and she called me back a minute ago, they have no record of receiving the copy of my AQ (Was signed for last Friday) but she said it might just be a case of it's not been filed yet and she will look through and call me tomorrow when she finds it. So at least that might have drawn my case to their attention! :) Kate was very polite too, which was nice.

i wrote it all out in great detail for dickydido? yesterday - that may help.

just checked - that's great detail for the aq

as for filing - i say later but don't miss deadline as why spend another 100 you will need to add to the claim - when they may offer within this time frame.

wouldn't hurt to drop them a note - saying you will shortly be filing your aq and it will raise the cost of your claim - or call - but don't bug them. one call or e-mail or post is sufficient. if you call - you may actually get through as we are now advising not to bug them - they maybe put their phones back on the hook by now.

Just to say thanks for that info Lat, this claim is for my Son's girlfriend. DG havent filed their AQ, the Judge wrote and gave notice of judgement on the 16th of April if they havent filed by then, that was yesterday. Today came a letter from DG upping their offer but disputing the amount because of a couple of refunds they had made. I had already accounted for them so am going to reply that if they include those amounts she will accept which will be for the full amount plus costs.

To Katteh. If you look at my first posts you will see what a shivering wreck I was about all of this, now I've started another 6 claims for various people, it's amazing how many folk the banks are ripping off. Many many thanks to in particular Lat and Nettyg but also to anyone else who answered my threads. I couldn't have done it without you.

Dickydido (Jan)

well done, jan. yes, it's amazing how far reaching this all is. and swings and roundabouts - now you'll be leading peeps along. only a few months ago - i was doing this for my son - but stuck around to help out and just keep picking up more and more info - so, keep passing on the info.

again, well done on yours and you are most welcome!

Okay, I received my AQ documents on the 13th March (hope that's not a bad sign!! :p ) - is it 14 days from the 13th that they have to file their AQ by? If so, I'm assuming they had to have their AQ in by 27th? Which means it's late.

I have filed my AQ with draft direction attachment today

- they will have had the same AG deadline as you - so ring the court today and see if they did send it in. They should give you a date they have to file by - for some reason they get an extension which they seem to be using a lot.

I was hoping you were posting to say you had an offer today :( - Helen

Wishful thinking!

I can't remember when my AQ deadline was, I think it was the 31st, I may ring the court today and ask them. All my documentation is filed at home so can't check until I leave work!

I called them and they haven't filed - forgot to mention the unless order though :rolleyes: so will call them again in a minute to find out.

I have written a letter based on the template lateralus has given us. Would like some opinions as to whether this is okay to send out please:

It has come to my attention that as of 02/04/07, you have not filed the Allocation Questionnaire in this case which was due on 31/03/07. A copy my Allocation Questionnaire was sent to you using recorded delivery, which was signed for on 23/03/07.

I am mindful of the vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing. In order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £975.00. I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their intervention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

Thanks!

Just got a phonecall back from Rachel who I'd left a message for a couple of days ago, she was a lot friendlier than I thought she would be! She was very apologetic about the amount of time it took for her to come back to me and said they'd received and filed my AQ, and will be sending me out a letter ASAP. At least it might move me up a rung on their ladder of contacting! (Fingers crossed) Will still be sending out that letter this afternoon.

oh, yes! that's the way to take the bull (dg) by the horns! a little proactivity - i think you will find that the letter rachel is sending will be an offer - hopefully a good one - they don't send letters just to say hi......

well done - let us know what's in the letter! if it's close - just hang tough - you're nearly there!

loved your letter! - lol

Well.. The letter was 90% written by you lateralus. :p

Hoping it will give a nudge in the right direction, and really hope that the 'we'll be sending you a letter as soon as possible' wasn't just a 'go away please' line! I was surprised at how nice Rachel was actually, I expected her to be quite nasty due to the amount of claims they have at the moment - it'd definitely make me grumpy 24/7. :D

Well I am now away from home (at the bf's parents and then mine) until a week on Monday!! So if anything comes through the post I won't see it. :eek: I think I may be getting one of my flat mates to have a look at the post to see if there's anything offer-like in there! Is there any way of identifying the envelope being from DG from the outside?

white banker window envelope - red stamp with birmingham post mark. letter inside on creamish paper lol

i need to get out more!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!