Cityguy V HSBC

Cityguy23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6063 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys my court date is getting close now (14th August) on the letter from the court it says i can make written repesentation as long as i do it 7 days before.

what do i need to send?

Someones probably told me before but ive forgot havent been online in ages waiting for the 14th August.

Thanks

Cityguy

Hey guys my court date is getting close now (14th August) on the letter from the court it says i can make written repesentation as long as i do it 7 days before.

what do i need to send?

Someones probably told me before but ive forgot havent been online in ages waiting for the 14th August.

Thanks

Cityguy

hi i'm waiting for the 14th aswell 10.30am i think i will be seeing alot of you there.:wink:

this is my first thread on this site but i have done alot of reading.

i now know what a court bundle is and i'm sending a very nice polite letter to dg solicitors( NOT) as i haven't heard from anyone. since the 24th of june which was from the courts with a date.

hope you don't mind me crashing in on this thread as i'm watching reading with great intrest. all your help ie greatly received.

gertty(debbie)

Gertty (Debbie)

Ah Judge Hickingbottoms party going to be a few of you there together unless DG get there fingers out, the roumour is around 200 cases all booked for 10:30.

From memory of the other guys directions all you realy need to do is a statement of evidence sent in with your shedule of charges. I think a few have done full bundles but I think thats a bit OTT for a preliminary hearing.

pete

I think that DG will make offers before you get there, they wont want any of you at court let alone all together. If they dont make offers it really depends on what the Venerable Judge Hickinbottom decides to do on the day.

pete

My prelim hearing is set for tomorrow. I sent a bundle in on the 11th July and received a full offer a week later. I requested a cheque which came on Saturday. Once you receive your offer, if you can, fax over your acceptance asap. I did this and they paid the money into my account the very next day (they took it out again though because I had requested a cheque, but that arrive on the Saturday)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

A court bundle isnt right for everyone, with 200 people all going to the same court at 10:30 on the 14th August that could just annoy the Judge.

He hasnt asked for a bundle, he would need a truck just to get the paperwork into the courtroom with that many people.

pete

Hi all , I'm a Lloyds loather and had 2 reclaims paid and am helping Gertty (what's she like? what a name!!) with her HSBC claim.I haven't been on the site for ages and didn't need a nudge letter.Gertty's account was closed and she has a current re-payment agreement with Metropolitan Collection Service.Obviously Gertty doesn't want repaid charges going to MCS , but wants to nudge .....anyone know which letter is best under the circumstances? FYI Lloyds customers from Newport to Haverfordwest also have 14th August at Cardiff , could be a good party !!!!! And why did the chat room get closed?

Money in the bank is like toothpaste in a tube - easy to take out .... impossible to put back in :lol:

And if you die a pound overdrawn .....you've made a profit :D

Hi Kathbaby, if you do not want the charges to go to MCS, then I would include in the nudge letteres that you wish the repayment to be in the form of a cheque. Do not let them fob you offf. It is your money. Just adjust one of the nudge letters to suit your needs. Do not stop the agreed payment plan with MCS as this may make them turn nasty and request the amount back in full.

P.S It would be helpful to yourself and others if you start your own thread in the forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

don't really need to specify until an offer is made - but could just put into one of the nudge letters: Please be aware that I will require a cheque made out to me for any payment purposes. My dealings with Metropolitan are nothing to do with this claim and as such I reject the idea that any money resulting from this claim would go straight to them. Any monies from this claim will be distributed amongst my creditors accordingly.

i just made that up - but if it sounds good - then use it -

it really irks me that they think they are able to just do this - it's their heavy handed dealings with people that result in them being indebted to metropolitan in the first place - my blood just boils at the thought of all this. there is not one shred of humanity in their dirty little souls. i would wish a plague on their houses! end of rant! maybe i'd better go do a little housework and burn off some steam.

• Haha 1

Thanks lateralus!Have people been making their own nudge letters up?I've looked in the templates library but couldn't find one........

And what happened to the chat room?

Money in the bank is like toothpaste in a tube - easy to take out .... impossible to put back in :lol:

And if you die a pound overdrawn .....you've made a profit :D

Use the pink thread in Latties post above

• Haha 1

Use the pink thread in Latties post above

thank you.:razz: we did the letter last night and it's in an envelope ready to post.

i'm doing next day recorded as the postal strike has started again.

lets hope this works.

gertty(debbie):p

Gertty (Debbie)

ok guys heres what my letter from the court says,

Before District Judge ........ Sitting at Cardiff County Court.... Cardiff

Upon the Courts own motion. The Court has made this order of its own initiative without hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Directions will be given in this case by the Designated Civil Judge, His Honour Judge G Hickinbotton, on the 14th August 2007 at 10:30 am at Cardiff Civil Justice Centre.

2. Parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the Court and the other side at least 7 days drior to the hearing.

So could someone tell me what i exacly need to send to the court and to DG.

Thanks alot for your help

Cityguy

ok thanks i read that.

If i dont actually want to turn up in court, i just send the draft order for directions to the court and to DG, is that correct?

Ive already sent it to the court but dont think i sent it to DG

Cityguy

def send it to dg - telling them - this is how i am asking that this case proceed and then join it onto another of the nudge letters saying let's save the courts some time - blah, blah

p.s. pete (castlebest) is saying there are about 200 people with this same order - so might be a fun party!

he also is suggesting a statement of evidence rather than the draft order plus your schedule of charges

so, if you want to send that to the court - it's item 3 of the court bundle info on the court bundle for dummies link - just follow the link to the new strategy thread - it's post 55 - letter number 1 and then you change it to reflect your case - just read it through and make it apply to your claim. then send that and the schedule.

you could still send the draft order to dg - as you've already sent it to the court before - and send a copy of your statement of evidence and another schedule saying - if you want to contact me before the court date - my contact details are....

I just think a judge who is looking to action 200 cases in a day needs something he can scan quickly to get a feel of what you are asking for.

The statement of evidence does this nicely and with your schedule of charges Judge Hickenbottom has your whole claim in a quite detailed form in about 3 sheets of paper.

Certainly send in the draft directions or a request to strike out the defence too, makes his life even easier if he decides to adopt them :)

pete

hi cityguy23

i've just managed to get through to cardiff court and the prelim hearing for 10.30 on the 14th of august are still going ahead the man says all paper work to be in 7 days before the date.

might see you there

gertty(debbie)

Gertty (Debbie)

cool, gonna sort out my written representation this weekend and post to the court and DG Monday, so then i guess all we have to do is sit back and watch the £ roll in LOL (U no its not going to be that straight forward)

C U at the court house on 14th August LOL (Along with the other 200 people)

Cityguy