How many letters needed for the halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have charges on 4 accounts.

2 credit cards, mine an the wifes.

2 joint accounts.

all with the halifax, do i need to send 4 seperate letters with the charges for each account, or can i consolodate the charges and send 1 letter with the account nums.

Thanks

Hi,1 more thing,,

when i send my letter off (today hopefully) on the joint account, will i have to get my wife to sign the letter as well as me, or will just miine do,,both our names are on the account.

thanks

Hi all, just an update an bit of advice,, received letter today from halifax.. wot do you think, just ignore it, wait till 27 then send my lba, or phone them etc... anyway here what they said..

Thankyou for your letter which was received at this office on the 14th feb 07.

we are sorry you are unhappy with the charges debited to your bank account.Please note the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, the financial services authority,gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

our commitment to you is that we respond to your concerns at the earliest possible opportunity. however we want to ensure the issues raised are thoroughly investigated. if, for any reason we are unable to respond to your concerns within the next 4 weeks we will write to you to update you of our progress.

enclosed leaflet bla bla

please quote this num if writing or telephoning bla bla

malclom baxendale.

As stated above this post by better people than me!

Stick to your timetable. 14 days means - 14 days. If you haven't had the result you want then send the next letter. No communication, no niceties, sod them!

It's all standard letters and most of them are trying to buy them time!

Go for it!!

If you need help there's always someone here. Don't crumble - that's their job!!!!!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Just to add, the 14 days starts from the day they RECEIVE the letter, which is deemed to be either 2 working days after posting, or the actual date if you have proof of delivery.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,, just to let you know,, i received a letter today makin an offer 300.00 less than what i asked for,, the funny thing is, the account which i have claimed for is highly overdrawn,, and the amount of money they offered goes over the amount i owe them by £1. hope this makes sense...

anyway i'm gonna ring them an see what they have to say.....

gettin a bit of courage of you all before i ring em

Thankyou everybody who has encouraged me,,, i have a result...

i phoned 0121 234 1068, told them i wasn't happy with what they offered, i then felt the need to justify why i should have more,

the lady then said let me see what i can do,,,, tap tap on her keyboard,, "no no i want more" i said,,, tap tap again... she then upped it to 80.00 short of what i want,, so i said ok,,

one thing she did say to me in the middle of it to make me buckle was

"you do know Mr josephleon that the charges which have been ruled on are only credit card charges and not bank charges"

so what are you sayin,, i asked,, just thought i'd let u know,she said

when money comes in,, i'll donate , i couldn't done it without this site an members...

i have 2 more acc with them,, so we will be on that road again very soon