muggins73 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Muggins :)

You know my feelings on contractual,they charged you it, you paid it,now it's their turn to pay !

You were one of the peeps that helped to focus me when I was in a mess trying to decide what to do regarding the interest.

I believe we were cut from the same cloth hun.You are a fighter,you have guts and determination.Hell, you took on nasty west and won -twice !

What other qualifications do you need in bank bashing ! You have them all:D

Go get em gal:cool:

Hope xx

Thank you so much for them kind words....I wish I was as confident about my abilities as you are;)

Prelim sent recorded today for a total inc. CCI £6,756.51 rising @ £0.55p per day (+ £1.04 for the post, cant forget that know can we!!!!)

Let's wait n'see what pans out, after all, nothing ventured nothing gained:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey muggins :D

whats new ?

im back off my hols so if you need assistance just give me a shout

johnny

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

• 2 weeks later...

good evening y'all:)

Well I'm back from my travels, laiden with the lurge may I add, and have received a response to my prelim letter. The dribble is thus....

'Thank you for your recent complaint.

We are sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the charges debited to your bank account. Please note the complaint handling rules set by our regulator, the FSA, gives us 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints.

Our commitiment to you is that we will respond to your concerns at the earliest possible opportunity. However, we want to ensure the issure raised are thoroughly investigated. If, for any reason, ee are unable to respnd fully to your concerns within the next 4 weeks we will write to update you of our progress....... yours sincerely,

Sharon Kirkpatrick CROfficer'

Has so much changed in the 9 days I've been away that we now have to allow the money pinching mongrels 8 weeks to respond?:mad:

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

welcome home muggins

lol i received the self same letter, not even signed by hand just a copied version of some very old original.

you will probably receive another letter in about 10 - 14 days saying sorry they still havnt replied but are very busy and are looking into it.

stick with the game plan hun

johnny

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

Different claim, same letter. Good job they don't try to charge us for it- must cost less than 10p plus 2nd class post!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Ta johnny and emma:)

'Tis end of the week, then the LBA will be dispatched;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Good luck,

im just ahead of you my LBA was sent yesterday, will be watching with interest (compounded, LOL). Also claiming for my halifax visa, only just sent prelim for that.

Flopper

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Hi flopper (not sure that this is such a good name...hope you aren't a bloke:lol:)

Thanks for the post, and good luck to you my fellow Halifaxion.

Keep me posted on how things are going.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

:lol:
  • Haha 3

Yes i am a bloke,

The nickname comes from an old party trick i used to do (would probably get arrested now lol). Would you like me to stir your drink madam :eek:........... right son your nicked.

Current Progress

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Yes i am a bloke,

The nickname comes from an old party trick i used to do (would probably get arrested now lol). Would you like me to stir your drink madam :eek:........... right son your nicked.

OMG!!!! PMSL!!!!!! I wasn't far off then...just the other direction:D:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi Muggins

Yet another LBA flies off to the Halifax from close to the New Forest...lets see what happens now :D

How'dy neighbour:)

Yep, not long now before I hits them with the next stage. I hate this bit, at least when the court proceedings start the game is on and it REALLY starts to get interesting.

I take it you are at the same stage? Let's keep eachother posted.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Following my letter from Halifax stating that 'the complaint handling rules set by their regulator the FSA, gives them 8 weeks to investigate and respond to complaints', and as I am preparing to send them my LBA, I thought I'd better check it out for myself.

I found this on the Financial Ombundsman Service website under 'our complaint-handling procedure - some modifications...

For both banks and building societies

The eight-week time limit is the principal change. The Banking Code Standards Board has recommended that firms convered by that Code should aim to start following the new time limits now.

Existing scheme rules do not actually require a final response (or deadlock) letter. They only require that enough time is given for senior management to consider the complaint. In most cases, eight weeks will usually be enough, if the complaint-handling department is adequately resourced. But we encourage firms to issue a final response (or deadlock) letter, even though it is not a requirement, as it lets us know the firm’s position in relation to the complaint'.

If this is indeed the case, then are we not asking for trouble in the eyes of the court, if we do not adhere to this request? Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

When i spoke to the halifax just before i sent my LBA they told me the same, BUT the lady said it usually takes 4 but due to the number of people wanting to reclaim charges blah blah....... it may take 8. By the time my LBA expires they will have had around 5 weeks, more than enough time if you ask me. It feels funny waiting excitedly for letters from the bank, show us the money

Current Progress

Howdy back Neighbour :)

Yes my LBA went off today so we're more or less at the same stage. I'm interested in the 8 week time scale but I'm going to give them 14 days before filing at court. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction of the Halifax is and I'll be monitoring the situation on here just in case people start experiencing difficulties.

I'll be looking out for ya :)

When i spoke to the halifax just before i sent my LBA they told me the same, BUT the lady said it usually takes 4 but due to the number of people wanting to reclaim charges blah blah....... it may take 8. By the time my LBA expires they will have had around 5 weeks, more than enough time if you ask me. It feels funny waiting excitedly for letters from the bank, show us the money

Evening flopper (she giggles to herself:D)

I've already given them an extra day, what more do they want!!!LOL!!!

Howdy back Neighbour :)

Yes my LBA went off today so we're more or less at the same stage. I'm interested in the 8 week time scale but I'm going to give them 14 days before filing at court. It'll be interesting to see what the reaction of the Halifax is and I'll be monitoring the situation on here just in case people start experiencing difficulties.

I'll be looking out for ya :)

Evening s'owl

I'm with you both you and 'ole floppy on this, why should we cut them any slack, but my niggling-thng is this..I'm on a saving tip (as I don't have two pennies to rub together) so is it worth paying out £100 when there may be just a hope in hell that they'll pay out what they owe in the early stages prior to any court proceedings? Considering the amount I'm reclaiming, hell is likely to freeze over before they pay me back in a hurry, but for those who's claims are somewhat smaller...well, you can see my thinking, surely?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Evening Muggins

I can see your point, my claim is for 2 grand and I deliberately put a contact number on my LBA letter in the remote hope that they ring me and offer the full amount.....wishful thinking I know but hey it's sunny :rolleyes:

I don't mind it going to court at all....earns me another £500 in interest etc etc.

Twit Twoo :D

Twit twoo indeed, you might just hit lucky there.

I'm not sure about Halifax, but I know that natwest are more than often paying out on smaller claims such as yours prior to court, I guess that want to save themselves some money in the long run. Hopefully, all the others will follow suit.

Wings crossed for ya':D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

I believe you'll get yours sooner than I.

I'm in for the long haul, me thinks. Approx. £6,500 and beyond the 6 year limitation act, they're gonna love me;)

So, it'll be a day out at Beaulieu on you, and around christmas I'll treat you:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

muggins,

awww its not gonna take that long hun im sure :D