muggins73 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just an initial hello to everyone of my fellow Halifaxions:D

I have popped over from the NatWest forum to bid you all a good evening and to introduce myself as I am now about to embark on a new claim, following the impending succession against Natwest, against my new foe Halifax.

I have sent the S.A.R. letter along with my cheque for £10.00 on 15th January.

The cheque has been cashed and I am now waiting for a big fat envelop (torn to shreds if they are anything like Natwest!!!) containing the information I require. I will wait up to 40 days before reporting them to the information commissioner for breach of the Data Protection Act, so let's hope that they comply;)

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks george, nice to hear from you.

As a Platinum Account Customer, am I right in thinking that you are a good person to know?:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

How do you get the Gold / Platinum status..??

Survivor - a mere Basic Account Customer.. ;)

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi survivor.

Don't knock your account status we all got to start somewhere!!!

In answer to your question, the more threads you post the higher up the acccount tree you will go. I reached Gold status after posting a mere 400 threads. I think to become Platinum you have to post 800 threads!!!!

You also move faster up the ladder by receiving what are known as pips. These are the little green squares you see under you login name and details. Everyone starts with one, the more helpful you are to others the better your reputation the more pips you get.

Hope this helps.

• Haha 1

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks Muggins - more and more helpful posts then...

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Yep, you might even get a helpful sticker to go with:D:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Just putting the feelers out, can any one tell me how long it takes for Halifax to normally respond to an SAR request?

I know they've officially got 40 days, but someone pleeease tell me I'm not gonna have to wait that long?

I'm getting bored already, as one claim nears to an end, I've got to get on with the next, already:p

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi muggins73

i sent my SAR 20.1.07 and upto yet still havnt even had a reply, i sent a snotty letter about a week ago and still nothing.

Im not really sure if this is average with halifax or not, to be honest i havnt spent much time in this forum as i have 5 live cases going at the same time lol.

i have subscribed to this thread so i can follow progress as were both about at the same timescales.

best of luck ;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/59099-progenic-halifax.html

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

Hi muggins73

i sent my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 20.1.07 and upto yet still havnt even had a reply, i sent a snotty letter about a week ago and still nothing.

Im not really sure if this is average with halifax or not, to be honest i havnt spent much time in this forum as i have 5 live cases going at the same time lol.

i have subscribed to this thread so i can follow progress as were both about at the same timescales.

best of luck ;-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank/59099-progenic-halifax.html

Same to you progenic, and thanks for getting back to me.

Hi Muggins,

I received all my statements within 2 weeks from the Halifax after my cheque was cashed.

Good Luck...my LBA expires on Friday so it'll be an MCOL for me soon!!

Hi docannie and thanks for the post.

My cheque was written on 15 Jan and cashed on the 23 Jan!!!! Dont think it's gonna be two weeks for me!!! They've got until the 24th Feb to comply and then they're in trouble;)

Hi i had to email this lady who was really helpfull and even emailed back with apology, statements arrived within days, here it is, hope this helps and good luck.

[email protected]

Ta very much george.

I'll try kelly next week, sometime before Halifaxs' luck runs out!!!! Before I do, who is she exactly?

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Muggins your very welcome, most people on here are pretty friendly as im sure you have noticed. dont know about you but im going to give kellyduffy a quick email to see if i can hurry them up.

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

Muggins your very welcome, most people on here are pretty friendly as im sure you have noticed. dont know about you but im going to give kellyduffy a quick email to see if i can hurry them up.

Let me know how you get on.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Ok, I know I said that I'd email Kelly Duff next week, well another day has passed and I've already grown impatient:p

I decided to act now so I've sent her a friendly email asking if she'd kindly look into my request asap.

I'll let you know how I get on.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Hi Muggins,

ironically i had a reply today though nothing to do with kelly. Just said the usual stuff that they have received my request and put a few leaflets in the mix for good measure lol

I sent a snotty reply back :lol:

its on my thread ofcourse

She WILL speed it up for you, when i emailed her she replied and delivered as promised, goodluck.

We will see, george:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well Halifaxs' time is up at the end of the week, and considering I haven't heard a dickie-bird from them even acknowledging my SAR letter I thought I'd give them a call.

What a nightmare. Spent most of the morning talking to several dimwits that insisted on saying 'I can't find you anyhere on our system':mad: My patience began to run out when after being put on hold for 20minutes I got cut off:mad::mad: Eventually a lady from their very own DPA Department contacted me back to say they had my details (at long last:rolleyes:!!!), there was a backlog, and my statements would be with me by the end of the week.

So, it's not looking particularily good for Halifax at such an early stage, incompetence already reins through and through!!!!

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Well Halifaxs' time is up at the end of the week, and considering I haven't heard a dickie-bird from them even acknowledging my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter I thought I'd give them a call.

What a nightmare. Spent most of the morning talking to several dimwits that insisted on saying 'I can't find you anyhere on our system':mad: My patience began to run out when after being put on hold for 20minutes I got cut off:mad::mad: Eventually a lady from their very own Data Protection Act Department contacted me back to say they had my details (at long last:rolleyes:!!!), there was a backlog, and my statements would be with me by the end of the week.

So, it's not looking particularily good for Halifax at such an early stage, incompetence already reins through and through!!!!

Lol @ that muggins thats why i wrote my nice little reminder to them just so i could atleast get an acknowledgement. They have till the end of next week with me and if they are a day late :rolleyes: hmmm well something will be on the way to them.

Keep on keeping on muggins :p

Hi progenic,

I got an acknowledgement all right, they just sent ot to the wrong address....go figures, hey:rolleyes:

I intend to keep on going, like a pitbull me, once I get my teeth stuck in to something.....;)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Sorry Muggins,

And you expected it to be different in what way..??:rolleyes:

They really have no idea. Sent me a Text asking me to call them yesterday. Called the number given, and was told the my account was over my o/draft limit and that I needed to put it right - they got very irate when I told them that itwas due to their unlawful charges and that theaccount wa in dispute - waiting for a call back this morning, butI'll not hold my breath.. :D

Good luck with getting your statements on time, and if they're late, use these links:

Information Commissioner's Website (to lodge a complaint)

ICO – Information Commissioner's Office

DPA Non-compliance letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

DPA Non-compliance particulars of claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

You should find all that you need on these links if they do not meet the 40 day deadline - good luck..!

Survivor :cool:

Hi All, Just recieved letter from Halifax saying that they are sealing with my Complaint and will get back to me..........

Ive sent the LBA and the 14 days will be up on Monday, Anyone know what Halifax's tactic's are at the mo as I thought that I would have an offer letter already?

Thanks

Sorry Muggins,

And you expected it to be different in what way..??:rolleyes:

They really have no idea. Sent me a Text asking me to call them yesterday. Called the number given, and was told the my account was over my o/draft limit and that I needed to put it right - they got very irate when I told them that itwas due to their unlawful charges and that theaccount wa in dispute - waiting for a call back this morning, butI'll not hold my breath.. :D

Good luck with getting your statements on time, and if they're late, use these links:

Information Commissioner's Website (to lodge a complaint)

ICO – Information Commissioner's Office

DPA Non-compliance letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

DPA Non-compliance particulars of claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

You should find all that you need on these links if they do not meet the 40 day deadline - good luck..!

Survivor :cool:

Thanks survivor for the information but I'm one step ahead of ya already. The DPA non compliance letter is drafted and ready for the off as soon as their time lapses.

I've heard that the ICO are so inundated with the SARs that they are simply asking the banks to comply with our requests instead of actually doing anything about it:roll:

Hi All, Just recieved letter from Halifax saying that they are sealing with my Complaint and will get back to me..........

Ive sent the LBA and the 14 days will be up on Monday, Anyone know what Halifax's tactic's are at the mo as I thought that I would have an offer letter already?

Thanks

Hi star2544,

Unfortunately I am unable to comment as I haven't even received my SAR yet, but excellent question. If you get a response then let me know:-)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA