Nelly75 v BoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Data subject request sent early last week, await reply

I have had parachute account open for a few months so bit using it, but have left my Bos account open (and overdrawn) by about £50. This hasn't seemed to bother them in the slightest.

Don't know if it is coincidence but I have now received a letter from them advising they notice I ain't using this account and demanding the money back within 14 days.

Seems as though the game might be on already. Bring it on!

Hi Nelly,

I was with BOS for about 28 years untill my first claim, then I got the old we would like you to shut your account and while your doing that cut up your Visa card. (nice people) 3 more Summary Cause's heading their way!

Best wishes with your claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thought as much.

I also have been a customer for 20 odd years. A couple of months down the line I hope to be in your position serving summary causes. Will look out for your thread.

Best of luck

Nelly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nelly75

How strange we have the same sign on name and I am taking on BoS too!! I have 2 accounts with them, one I have had since I left school 15 years ago and a business account I opened 3 years ago.

Thought I would tackle the business account first as I thought it would be easier being less time. Just got my copy statements and I have 92 charges of £35 since I opened it, was so shocked, didn't know it was that bad even though I have had bad money problems. Works out at over £3000 and I can't wait to get it back!

I am about to move onto next stage of getting my money back, bit confused about the spreadsheet bit but I am blonde after all!!

Let me know how you get on

Kind Regards

Nellie xx

If you think I have helped hop on the scales. If I was useless best to keep quiet me thinks:D

Hi Nelly75,

BOS will stall ....send you duplicates of statements but not all the ones you want. Check you get them all.

Must calculate contractual interest on the charges they owe you - use the rate they charge you when you have exceeded your limit (circa 28.8%). Got to send a schedule of charges (print off the spreadsheet) with your claim letter. Good Luck!

Hi Nelly75

How strange we have the same sign on name and I am taking on BoS too!! I have 2 accounts with them, one I have had since I left school 15 years ago and a business account I opened 3 years ago.

Hi Nellie enjoyed your post :)

Seems we were born in the same year, banked with the same people, were both a bit daft with our cash at times and have now joined the same forum to help us get our money back! Nice. I am blonde as well on the male side of the fence.

I live in Scotland and am going after BoS up here. Good luck I will look out for your thread - shouldn't forget the user name when searching eh!

Nelly

• 1 month later...

Well that did take a long time. They took nearly 60 days to get my statements but never mind they are here now. 6 years it's £1011, in 5 its £800. Think I'll just do a Scottish small claim for 5 years plus interest, takes me over that amount anyway and far less hassle.Thought it would be more but its only my charges - me and my ex partner were regulary both charged every month. She used to pay more than me every month (or sorry should I say I gave her the money for most of them) Pity I can't get near them!

Nelly75,

Its going to take longer with BOS! I'd start by reporting them for not supplying the data you asked for within the 40 day limit. I started an action last August against BOS and I've just filed for a judgement by default in my county court. It will be served this week.

All along the way they have stalled. Made offers way below the claim value for "goodwill". They didn't file a defence against the court action but wrote and made another offer instead - which included the court fees but not the compound interest I'd charged them. No matter I'll send the bailiffs in if they don't pay when the judgement is served!

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Usual complaint reply letter sent. I have immediately sent back LBA. I have been busy lately but am going to cracking on this now, I started end of Jan and its now nearly May cause of their stalling.

• 1 month later...

Best wishes, Nelly, they don't half like to drag it out !!

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Best wishes, Nelly, they don't half like to drag it out !!

Regards.

Scott.

EXACTLY my experience with them, too!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!