Royal Snail

dubliner10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: Hi all,

Royal Mail make my blood boil. Sent an LBA off to First Direct, a Prelim off to First National and Bank of Scot, and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s off to Cahoot and Ikea, all on the 2nd of Feb all by 1st class (there's irony in that name!) recorded delivery.

Out of my six items of mail ONE was delivered and recorded. The others....well who knows, and as far as Royal Mail are concerned who cares.

You can go online and fill out a claim form......which you have to print off and bl**dy well post!

Thank my spleen is well and truly vented....just got to hope that I don't need proof of postage for court.

Good day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First Direct - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements recieved 15/1/07 - >£3000 owed

Prelim sent 16.01.07

Partial offer received 01.02.2007

LBA and letter rejecting paltry offer sent 02.02.2007

MCOL filed mid Feb 07

AQ 26th March

BoS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 29/12/06

Statements received 1.02.2007 - Prelim sent 02.02.2007

• 2 weeks later...
Sent ...all by 1st class (there's irony in that name!) recorded delivery.

..just got to hope that I don't need proof of postage for court.

If you sent them recorded you shouls have proof of posting. Proof of *delivery* is another matter.

Halifax (current accounts, credit card, old mortgage, secured loan)

thread here

MBNA (three credit cards)

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

they've sold my current account. thread here.

Royal Mail

Claim issued by former employer Royal Mail, thread here.

I counterclaimed and won. They paid in full.

• 1 month later...

Can I please ask for further clarification here?

I have had exactly the same problem with Royal Snail in the past and have recently had the frustration of it happening AGAIN!!!!:-x

I sent a LBA to Halifax and have proof of postage, is this all I need? Can I start counting the 14 days from, say 2 days after date of posting? Or do I have to post another one, and another one and so on until the dimwits at the special-school-formerly-known-as-Consignia supply me with proof of delivery?

I'm just worried that, should it go to court Halifax could turn round and say they didnt receive a LBA and therefore weren't given a fair opportunity to address my complaint.

Any advice would be great.

P.S. I'd love to see what trading standards (if they would be the right people to go to :confused: ) would say about Royal Snail charging customers for a service they very often don't provide. "First Class "Signed for" delivery" my rosey red buttocks!!!!:mad:

Won!!! :D

Halifax Account (1st) - Claim settled in full!!! Claim started on 12th August 2006

£3,345.26 paid into account on 26th October 2006

Halifax Credit Card

14/09/06 - LBA sent - Total charges being claimed = £605 + interest

10/10/06 - Moneyclaim filed

29/10/06 - FULL AMOUNT PAID INTO ACCOUNT

In process...:confused:

Halifax Account (2nd)

Statements received, prelim letter poster...

LBA posted 13/3/07

MBNA Credit Card

Statements received

Next in the firing-line...:-x

GE Capital Bank Ltd

Clydesdale Financial Services

Hitachi Finance

it could be that the banks refuse to accept the letters ;)

ring the royal mail number and give them the rec. del. number instead, one of mine were showing no info on the site, yet when i rang up it told me it had been delivered the day after I posted!

if still noluck, I would leave it a couple of days then just fire off another letter, what's the point in jeopardising the claim for the sake of 2 days/1 week/1 month, I know it's frustrating but better to have all proof of postage and delivery to go ahead with the claim!

EH & SH v The Woolwich/Barclays

£3900 (+ £1500 interest)

offered received of £1000 - Rejected

MCOL filed 05/12/06 (messed up)

waiting on court

CC v HSBC

£3,628.94 FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT!!! :)

BC v HALFIAX

£3841.27 FULL & FINAL SETTLEMENT!!! :)

it could be that the banks refuse to accept the letters

If the delivery postman and the person in the delivery office responsible for scanning the delivery cards do everything they are supposed to with no mistakes or oversights, the item number would show as "refused".

If your return address was on the outside it should be returned to you. If not, they would send it to the national returned letter centre in Belfast, who would open it to find your return address. In either case it comes back to you recorded, with the same number as you sent it under, and you should have to sign for it. (This was all correct 18 months ago. Dunno if they changed things since.)

ring the royal mail number and give them the rec. del. number instead, one of mine were showing no info on the site, yet when i rang up it told me it had been delivered the day after I posted!

Did you look again at the website after to see if it has appeared? (Perhaps the card missed being scanned initially, or was in the postie's pocket for a few days, or ...) The website queries the same database the people on the phone have access to, so if they have different info they are not talking about the same item number.

Sometimes RM customer services can supply a proof of delivery copy signature for something the database does not say is delivered. They ask the delivery office to do a search (of at least a week's delivery cards for the relevant walk) and if a signature is found against the item number a copy is sent to customer care. The barcodes from the delivery card should also be scanned to update the track/trace system but some staff in some delivery offices "forget".

I note that an image of the signature is now sometimes available on the website - capturing this is a new innovation since I left RM, so there may be other changes too.

thread here

thread here

firstdirect (a current account, two mortgage accounts, old loans, old credit card)

Royal Mail

Thank you cbrundle and mfpa for your replies. I'm going to phone RM today and ask of they can provide me with proof of delivery. Failing that I'll just send another letter off, but if the same thing happens to that one I really will fear for my sanity. It's SO infuriating when people do not do their jobs correctly! Thanks again for your advice!:-)

Halifax Account (1st) - Claim settled in full!!! Claim started on 12th August 2006

Halifax Credit Card

Halifax Account (2nd)

LBA posted 13/3/07

MBNA Credit Card

Statements received

GE Capital Bank Ltd

Hitachi Finance

Hi

I sent 6 SAR request by R/D on 13/03/2007 4 received either 15th or 16th March .

The other two I have been tracking on line. Phoned RM today as they still have not been delivered.

RM they are showing "Delay" and have max 15 days to be delivered. So will keep tracking

TEL NO for Rm 08459 27210

Regards

Dee

I'm going to phone RM today and ask if they can provide me with proof of delivery.

It is likely they will ask you to send/fax them an enquiry form and a copy of your proof of posting receipt. You used to be able to submit the form online (and fax your receipt later, quoting a reference) but I think you have to print, sign and put in the post these days.

Or you can get a paper form from the PO while you are there posting your next recorded item.

thread here

thread here

Royal Mail

Thanks mfpa. I'll get onto it today. :-)

Halifax Credit Card

Halifax Account (2nd)

LBA posted 13/3/07

MBNA Credit Card

Statements received

GE Capital Bank Ltd

Hitachi Finance