Derekn V Capital One

derekn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok Here I go with my SAR, posted today, I'm hoping what all you guys are doing is as easy as your threads seem. I've statements for the last year and calculated that late payments and over limit amounts come to £480 whilst the outstanding balance is £520! I've had this account for 6 years so expecting a large package soon. I'd dearly love to have this matter closed for good, and stick one finger up to this company. I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck with your claim. If you need any help, just ask - there are a lot of people that are more than willing to help.

Lloyds TSB (C.Acc) **WON - Fully Settled**

NatWest - £1367.96 - N1 Filed - AQ Compl

Lloyds TSB - Select Loan PPI - £4629.52 - N1 Filed - Settlement rejected

Lloyds TSB Credit Card - £373.48 - N1 Filed

MBNA Credit Card - £791.52 - N1 Filed

Capital One - £746.67 - N1 Filed -** Settlement awaited **

Halifax Credit Card - £836.12 - N1 Filed

Paragon Personal Finance - S.A.R 15/12/2006

Littlewoods - £834.43 - N1 Filed

Barclaycard - £1145.00 - N1 Filed

My Wife:

Natwest Current Account - £1197.98 - N1 Filed at Court

Capital One - £1150.94 - N1 Filed - **Settlement offer rejected **

Littlewoods - £1405.48 - N1 Filed

8-) PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS! 8-)

Ok Here I go with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), posted today, I'm hoping what all you guys are doing is as easy as your threads seem. I've statements for the last year and calculated that late payments and over limit amounts come to £480 whilst the outstanding balance is £520! I've had this account for 6 years so expecting a large package soon. I'd dearly love to have this matter closed for good, and stick one finger up to this company. I'll keep you posted.

Don't hold your breath derek ..Cap1 usually get your account details to you between the 32nd and 38th day...Just got mine today, sent the SAR 6th Jan

Just hate every DCA out there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK Now I have receive a letter from Cap 1 offering me £404 which is the difference between their £20 charge and £12 asking me to accept, I'm confused as adding up my statement charges that i received a day later (over limit and late payment) add up to £1172. Is this the amount I claim for? If so which form is best to send next?

Thanks to anyone out there that can help.

Thanks for your reply, but I'm still confused, am i being a complete nerd? I have my statements, and late payment fees and overlimit fees going back 6 years total £1172. My account balance is only some £500 so their offer of £404 seems justified. If I add compound interest the total comes to £1789.81! is this the amount I ask for? as it seems to be rather a lot.

Furthermore, which letter should I send as there is various one's in the library but none seem to correspond to my situation.

Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me

hi if they charged you 50 for being over limit and you only had 35 would they accept that noway go for the lot

good luck dpick:p

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've not posted, so here's an update. I've sent the letter stating I want my money back and received a letter from Mr Udy saying this is my final offer (£404) as the OFT hasn't stated they should refund all of the fees as stated. Furthermore he's even suggested I contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. Sooooo I've now sent a offer rejection letter and asked for an immediate reply. The LBA awaits.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this is a reply i didn't expect, and sounds very final. Anyone help with where I go from here?

Quote...... "I realise that you want to refund all the charges we've added to your account. However, because we've added them correctly, I'm unable to do this. My offer to refund £404 is still open to you,so please sign and return the new settlement form."

"We'll acknowledge future letters from you about this refund, but I'm afraid we won't review what we've offered. Again I look forward to receiving your signed settlement form so we can save the courts valuable time."

This sounds as if they're ready to take it up in court! Should I send my LBA now or accept?

Don't panic, standard letter, just file it and carry on with your time-table. They will not increase their offer to your although they will keep sending you letters offering same amount. When are you due to file court action?

keep going derek hun ive just filed at court against these paracites as i too kept being told they wont raise its a tactic to make ya think they are right keep on in there and hmmmmm i sure i recognise your name lol good luck mate

ang xxx

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

spot on derek prob see ya on there tonight lol

• Haha 1

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• 4 weeks later...

derekn, I don't think they can sell your debt while it is in dispute as long as you have informed them, have a read of the link I have posted above.

Thank You Doo, I have sent a reply to Cap 1 quoting section 2.8f of the OFT unfair business practices and see what reply I get .......I wait in anticipation.........once again, it's much appreciated.