fivelaws

fivelaws v Egg ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4272 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Oh blimey! After some success elsewhere, I'm not looking forward to this one.

The general feel of threads about Egg are that they are pretty hard-boiled.

They've already asked for proof of ID following my Data Protection Act (the ONLY organisation that have asked for any)...

The battle starts here!

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

Good Luck fivelaws and...

don't be worried about Humpty Dumpty-

they are eggactly the same as any other bank.

Egg are ridiculously pedantic about proving ID, however just provide the docs. and then you can commence battle.

Love AC

Got all the details last April, after nearly 2 months of waiting for the Data Protection Act reply. By then, I couldn't afford the court fees!

Started the whole process again this month, have got to the LBA stage and will be N1-ing them on the 28th Jan.

The have made an offer of £96, being the difference between £20 charges and the 'acceptable' £16 as "allowed" by the OFT...

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

The general feel of threads about Egg are that they are pretty hard-boiled.
Awaiting the omlette - after all you can't make an omlette.... :p

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

*** WON ***

This must be a record. The first letter I sent was sent 11-Jan, after a rapid-fire exchange of letters, derisory first offer, "see you in court" and sensible offer dated 18-Jan!!

Can anybody beat 7 days?

YAY!

I think that probably is some sort of record -

CONGRATULATIONS

Steven

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Good grief fivelaws. We don't see you for months and then this! I hope it was the full amount.:p

Congratulations.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro! Long time no see/hear.

I've been lurking on & off, but with nothing active of my own, I've only posted a few replies here and there.

The Egg settlement is very close to being the full amount - it's certainly on offer I'm 100% happy to accept - which is the ultimate benchmark.

Sadly, the other 2 active claims are (hopefully) only 4-5 weeks from settlement which will mean my permanent retirement from BAG. (This is a good thing!).

7-days is a pretty classy return to form though...

Won't be spending any of it *, sadly.

I'm "snowballing" all of the payouts onto the balances of other cards. It's been a very successful strategy for me. This Egg money will be clearing my RBS card. What I was paying RBS each month will be added to what I was already paying my Mint card, clearing that much quicker. When RBS refund my charges, those will go to Mint as well.

It's a lovely thing!

* Well, maybe a pint. Or two...

You probably know this, fivelaws, but you should always aim to pay off the loan with the largest APR first.

Steven

My Wins

Thanks Steven.

I actually cleared some of the smaller debts first, even though they didn't have a high APR, they had high monthly repayments (loans mostly), so paying these off freed up relatively large amounts to snowball onto the credit cards.

You also can't dismiss the psychological effect of having a long list of monthly payments declining in quantity.

----

Interesting to see the Egg Card decision this week. I can't help but wonder if my good fortune with the refund was just that - a stroke of lucky timing? If people are considering a claim - maybe now is the perfect time?

----

You also can't dismiss the psychological effect of having a long list of monthly payments declining in quantity.
I can appreciate that :)

Steven

My Wins

blimey, that was quick! congratulations :D

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement