Judgement by default..

laura2006

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does the judgement by default only relte to claims where they have not acknowledge the claim or does it relate if the bank does not get back to the court in the relevent time case? I was given till 30.11 to supply the bank and mcol with the schedule of charges and the bank was given till 31.12 to respond, they haven't done so far. I have sent my proof of postage and proof that they signed for my letter but wondering it the judgement by default would relate to this? than kyou

I used MCOL and have today submitted a request for a judgement by default as Barclays have not even acknowledged the claim within the 14 days allowed.

If you try and do something before the appropriate deadline the website will not let you anyway ( it comes up with an error message advising you about your mistake )- so I would say try it and if the system allows you to process the judgement by default then it's all good!

Thank you for your response.

Do you think? I am really panicking now about it all! I didn't expect this bit! I have sent my proof of postage to MCOL to confirm that I sent the information as requested to Barclays, do you think I should wait till they receive it or just go ahead and do it? :confused:

The best thing to do is call the MCOL helpline as they will know exactly what has or has not been received and whether you can enter the judgement or not.

In case you dont have the number to hand it is 0845 601 5935

Good luck!

No I didn't have all that, am worrying a bit that something might happen and I get it!! But I issued my Claim to MCOL and filled it in wrong and Barclays applied to get the claim struck out, I think got a letter from the court giving me untill 28th November to supply them and Barclays with the schedule of charges and Barclays had untill 31.12.2006 to respond which they haven't bothered to do so. Fingers crossed it will all work out but I am not going ot hold my breath just incase the throw something out there which will put a spanner in the works! ;)

I'm not at the stage just yet where I have had to send a court bundle in for any of my claims ( but only one step away so am starting to prepare for it.)

The great thing about this site is that there is loads of generic information on most parts of the claiming procedure including the court bundles. And even then - if something is really stumping you there are so many experienced site members and site helpers that will always usually have sound advice and help for you.

So really, you dont need to worry about this - especially not yet as you are a long way off court bundles at this time.

When you get there and if you're stuck, there is a whole host of great stuff on here to support you. :D