multi_media VS HSBC

multi_media
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well it's been a long old haul.

Initial claim £852.37

HSBC have offered £713.40

They say that this is because:

"Your account fees are for holding a Bank Account Plus, a service for which you have agreed to pay a monthly fee with associated benefits. We have therefore deducted £72.65 from your claim."

Of course I am going to tell them it's not good enough and that I will take the claim to the local CC.

PS

Marc - if you want the audio from the LBC interview, I still have it - but no longer work there.

Initial claim £852.37

HSBC have offered £713.40

They say that this is because:

"Your account fees are for holding a Bank Account Plus, a service for which you have agreed to pay a monthly fee with associated benefits. We have therefore deducted £72.65 from your claim."

Of course I am going to tell them it's not good enough and that I will take the claim to the local CC.

You didn't sign up for the bank account plus service did you? As in my understanding, if you did, this is for a service, and you can't claim this back. Unless of course, they've added this on without your knowledge. Then get em!!

Dani

• 1 month later...

As an update - and for advice really.

HSBC filed a defence for the claim. I have received the court questionnaire and also a letter from HSBC's solicitors asking for a full breakdown of the claim.

It seems like stalling to me. Especially as HSBC would have full records of my claim and breakdown of figures etc.

Has anyone else come across the same scenario and if so, what has the outcome been?

Ta. :)

DG (HSBC solicitors) often ask for a breakdown of charges it happens to a lot of people. Just send a copy in the post. It is a tactic for stalling but won't slow things up if you send another copy. Have you seen the threads on how to fill in your allocation questionaire AQ?

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

As an update - and for advice really.

HSBC filed a defence for the claim. I have received the court questionnaire and also a letter from HSBC's solicitors asking for a full breakdown of the claim.

It seems like stalling to me. Especially as HSBC would have full records of my claim and breakdown of figures etc.

Has anyone else come across the same scenario and if so, what has the outcome been?

Ta. :)

the way i see it, once dg solicitors are asking for your breakdown, they are about to offer - so hang in there - get it in the post sharpish!!

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Reading the threads I’m pretty sure DG don’t actually receive anything from HSBC, they work purely from what we and the courts send them. To do anything, most importantly make an offer, they need to see exactly what you are claiming for so your schedule of charges should be sent to them.

Time scales are tricky at the moment, the courts appear to be granting extensions to the deadline dates for DG because of the volume of claims and there are threads that are saying the some of the County Courts are having the same problems too. (Check Themadcap).

pete

Reading the threads I’m pretty sure DG don’t actually receive anything from HSBC, they work purely from what we and the courts send them. To do anything, most importantly make an offer, they need to see exactly what you are claiming for so your schedule of charges should be sent to them.

Time scales are tricky at the moment, the courts appear to be granting extensions to the deadline dates for DG because of the volume of claims and there are threads that are saying the some of the County Courts are having the same problems too. (Check Themadcap).

pete

Thanks all.

Will send over my Q&A asap and keep you updated.

:-D

don't miss the allocation question deadline - that is a court deadline and if you miss it - your case can be thrown out - of course if dg miss it - they get an extra week or two. unfair? you bet. but don't miss the deadline.

aq info:

Allocation Questionnaires - A guide to completion

this is your step by step completion guide -and here is:New strategy for Allocation Questionaires

and here is how to use it:

for section g of the n149 (section h on the n150), use the wording in blue on post #3 of new strategy link, and then attach draft order for directions - use wording on post #2 of new strategy link(the bit in blue) making sure to add your name and court claim number to all pages. simple as that. just follow the steps with these two minor additions. the draft order is just asking the judge to order both parties to lay out their wares within 14 days of him ordering it - so it shortens the length of the time to a court date - and as dg/hsbc/all banks don't want to do it - they will pay up by offer or just not file their aq in which case you also win.

on, the other front - of this two pronged thing - have you sent dg a breakdown of your charges - it is advisable to do that, as they always ask for one before they offer anything - so it saves a couple of days.

and unless your claim is for under 1500 and wouldn't incur the filing fee of 100, i suggest leaving it until the aq is nearly due before filing it - as dg have been coming in with offers just before the due date in several cases.

Thanks very much Laterlaus.

So just to get this right.

Send a copy of the AQ, plus additional information (taken from post #2) and the Draft order for Directions (taken from post #3) to the County Court.

Then send copies of the above, plus a full breakdown of charges to DG Solicitors.

The aim of this is to speed up the process and add more 'weight' to the claim - forcing them to settle or not file send in their copy of the AQ.

Thanks

M_ M 8)

yes, but even before the aq is due.

send dg a copy of your breakdown now - tomorrow latest - they often ask for this when they are getting ready to deal with your claim.

just send it - with a note saying - please find a copy of my schedule of charges as per your request.

no more, no less.

then in about 3 days - ring dg - just to see if they have been received.

on the aq side of things - just as you said above - but do this other one separately asap. then send the other batch of things - in a few more days - whenever you decide to file the aq - don't miss the deadline.