Currys and a faulty Camcorder

DroverAwn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a new JVC Camcorder in Feb last year from aCurys store. In August 2006 it developed a fault where the camera could not "see " an image and displayed the "remove lens cap" message on its little LCD Screen even though the lens cap had been removed. There is an inhernt problem with certain JVC Camcorders which they admit and JVC are doing free repairs to the affected models of which mine is not listed. Whilst on holiday in January the camcorder broke down again with the exact same problem. It has now become clear that the camera is likely to fail again in the near future, with the warranty running out on the 20th of Feb I took it into the same Currys dealer and demanded either a replacement or refund (replacement being preferred). They refused but have admitted that there is a fault and will have it repaired under the warranty. I am not happy with the camcorder at all , the quality is obviously sub-standard and I am worried that it will carry on breaking down. I am told by Currys that there is a 3 month warranty on all repairs- but this does not re-assure me , I dont want to be on holiday somewhere or filming one of childrens school plays / football matches to have it break down again and not capture those "special moments" in life because of a bad camera.

What are my rights? Can I demand a replacement?

:eek:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I’ve the Canon FS100 for nearly a week now.I bought it from

checkcost.co.uk/camcorders/c/4354/

I would suggest u to go for this product(cannon FS100)

Previously I’d had a Sony SR32 camcorder with a 30gb Hard Disk but it was a bad decision.

Among Canon F Series camcorders they are all identical in quality.. however they differ in memory storage. They all accept SD cards.. have a look at the above link.

It would help u to compare..