Hi all!, first timer here!

Richard P
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!!!!

Well, I went to the Court on Tuesday and handed my papers in! :( EEEK!

As I am unemployed I am exempt from paying the court fees, however I did have to complete an EX160 and processing this will take five days, so my N1 should start going through the system next Tuesday.

From there I guess the papers will be served on Nationwide and the 28 days start from then. Hopefully by mid-April I should start to see some cash?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Any comments from people further along the line would be most welcome.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another update!

I received the Notice of Issue today, it says it is assumed served on the 18th March, according to the Court the Nationwide now have 14 days to respond, so that takes us to the 2nd of April!

I guess this is where they say they are going to defend and then (HOPEFULLY) pay up???????????

Well, NW have responded saying they are defending my claim.

What happens now?, is this where they take it to the time limit and pay up just before????????????????

This is a standard tactic, read through the step by step instructions this explains.

Hi Richard, I am watching your claim with interest because your court action was deemed served 2 days before mine, as yet I have not had any replies from Nationwide during the whole process, my claim is for £2724 + 8% taking it up to £3517.

I have already won against Natwest, they settled my claim for £1760 before court action.

Good luck,

Ray.

Hi RichardP

Chill Chill!!!:cool: Going by current timescales from acknowledgement to pay out, you will probably have to wait another couple of weeks. Some claims seem to be going close to the full 28 days. NWide seem to be very busy for some reason???

Anyway, don't worry, you will get paid. (says he, who was getting very twitchy and checking his account 2 or 3 times a day after a couple of weeks waiting!!! :D )

hi Richard, sit down and take a deep breath this is the worst part but it's so worth the wait, i was paid out after 3 weeks of filing mcol, and others seem to be around the same timetable, best of luck, hope you have some mystery corrections in your account soon. x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

my claim was acknowledged and intention to defend on 20th march, have not heard anything since please let me know how you get on! can anyone tell me the date they have until? it was served on 20th march also? thankyou and good luck x

I only have to wait until close of play tomorrow for my 28 days to be up, got major OCD, keep checking my account online. How much longer are they gonna make me wait.

arrggghhhhhh

So Peter, do you have news?

Right, I need some advice, from what I've read on other threads Nationwide seem to pay the charges back but not the interest.

If they do this to me am I still entitled to press for the interest through the court? Ihope so because this is over £600 alone!!!!!!

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Well they started paying "Correction" amounts into my account, but they have now stopped. As predicted, they have paid me my charges back but not the 8% interest.

Does anyone know when they will pay this?, the 28 days is up on Sunday, should I go for judgement on Monday to get the interest?????????

Wish it would happen that easily for me!

waited 29 days with MCOL, and when i requested judgement(waited one more day)it was rejected as NW seem to have got a defence in!

Anyone with ideas as to how long i might have to wait now, or if i have to go to court with it now?

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.