style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4930 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has anyone found that the list of charges Halifax give you are different to when you actually calculate them once statements are received? I called Halifax and they stated that the charges they have stated are correct for the past 6 years. I am still awaiting statements and would like to know, if I have accepted refund of x amount that they have stated to be full charges, can I claim more if when I receive my statements and the total is different (i.e. more)?

I know this isn't the way to go about it but I started my claim before finding the template letters and steps on here...

Silly me :-(

Can anyone help and advise?

I did, however the list of charges they sent were more than I could find on my statements, even after counting them up four times! Guess who's charges total I used to claim :)

Thats proof in the pudding as they say and why not if this turned out to be the case.

Ok but if the charges turn out to be more than they have stated (when I finally get my statements through!) should I claim the extra due to being told the wrong amount?

Personally I would have waited to compare the two (then use the larger figure) But if your figure for charges from your statements is more than you have claimed, I suppose there is nothing stopping you making a second claim.

Thanks for that. I will see what the figures are when the statements arrive. I had my acknowledgement letter finally yesterday saying that statements have been ordered.

Let's hope it is a bit more!

Copuld you not wait for the statements to arrive and then use whatever letter is relevant (LBA?) to follow the excellent guidelines. If you have read enough then you will be aware that charges can be added until you file at court. Don't panic, you will get the hang of it.;) Sally

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL