• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help Bailiffchaser-Scum-bag Bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Would appreciate the help of Bailffchaser or any other of you experts on this:-

Situation: Wife and I owe Council Tax arrears of 4000 pound (dont ask how), passed to Bailiffs, we have been paying off arrears regularly ever since.

The last visit by them in October 06 we agreed to pay them 100 per month, and have been paying this ever since.

Wife calls me today (I am working and Saudi), and tell me that Bailiff called (not the same one as before), and demanded that we pay 200/month (our circumstances have not changed), that what we were paying was not enough, and that we had previously agreed to pay 200 pound/month (we hadn't).

Further more, he said that he would have her arrested if she didnt pay 250 immediately and 200 /month thereafter

He also asked where I was, she told him, and he told her that I would be arrested when I came back to the UK as well

This guy apparently was bulit like a brick-outhouse, and my wife was terrified of him, and he sought to exploit her fear rather well.

I told her to calm down, dont sign anything (she didn't), but apparently he is coming back on Friday and told her pay up or else!

My advice to her was:

Ring CAB straight away

Write to the Bailiff Company protesting at this guys conduct, and stating that we have paid what was agreed, and will continue to do so, and if they are not happy with this they can take us back to court

Contact the court who made the liability order and get them to make assessment of what we should pay

I understand that Bailiffs do not have powers of arrest (only wish they had)- is this correct

Your advise, comments etc would be highly appreciated

your wife nor you can be arrested, the baliff is talking crap. if possible get some friends around to be with your wife on friday when baliff turns up, prefably male. he is less likely to try and intimidate your wife infront of witnesses. if she doesnt want to speak to the baliff tell her not to open the door and keep it and windows locked. if she feels threatened in anyway tell her to call the policeand say there is someone trying to get in. dont tell the police hes a baliff. when police tun up they may not be able to do much but neither will the baliff you wont have to let him in and he wont try and give it the big un with them there. yo could even contact the baliff and tell him he will be refused entry and that there will be others in the house. he will probably make aload of threats about breaking in etc and getting the police, just ignor him and try to stay calm. also you could report him to the council for his behavior, they might try and fob you off but remind them that they are legally responsible for the conductof the people they employ.

now on maybe a less positive note, if your wife opens the door and she feels threatened, she can act in a way to protect herself. so if she has something long and sharp in her hand and it ends up in the baliffs chest, so be it

Send a letter to the Council and state that due to Harrasment you are asking that they recall the debt from the bailiff company so as you can pay them directly and avoid any further stress resulting from the actions of the bailiff company.

Explain to the council that should there bailiff attempt to call again you will have little choice but to in the first instance contact the police as he is acting unlawfully by attempting to extort monies out of you you simply do not have, and secondly report him to the local papers to raise peoples awareness of the companies disgusting behaviour.

Explain that you have been paying on time and to the arranged agreement which will only change as your circumstances do. Inform the council that you are not avoiding payment and never have done (thus you cannot and will not go to jail) and that it is after all in your interest as well as theres to get the amount owed cleared as soon as possible and at the moment £100 is the most you can afford.

I was also threatened with Jail and one call to the council explaining the above had the debt returned to them and they were alot more willing to deal with me.

If he does try and call again either don't answer the door or call the police and just simply tell them you are scared he might try and break in.

Also if you were by yourself and the bailiff was male he should have a female police officer with him.

Update

Wife called council who were as much use as a chocolate teapot, "its in the hands of the Bailiffs ", "Its up to them what they do" blah, blah.

She wrote letter of complaint to the Bailiff company concerned and posted today, however, still fuming, she rang them and told them the letter on its way and told them what happened.

Lo and behold, the Company apologised to her, saying their Bailiff was in the wrong, they were to have "words" with him, and instructed her to carry on paying as previously agreed.

In fairness to the company concerned, previous Bailiffs who called were ,on the whole, very reasonable and willing to compromise, obviously this character is the proverbial "bad apple"

My step-son recognised this character as a doorman in one of our towns less salubrious night clubs- enough said

Do not worry. they cannot breakin. They can only break in with a fines warrant. However coppers will still treat a ordinary warrant as the right warrant for forced entry. If the bailiffs attempt anything they must have a female police officer about. A male officer will not do. As long as you do not let them in they can do f**k all. Also if you have any cars registered to yourselves transfer them to your childrens names etc pronto. Also do not forget to fire a sar off to the bailiff company. This will give you a complete breakdown. I will soon be able reveal somthing to the whole wide world which will be shocking but i cannot until i get the go ahead. Trust me it will rattle alot of people.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Just read an interesting statement from a former bailiff on another thread.

Apparently he said, when a Bailiff calls, he must state that he is from XXX Bailiff Co. ON BEHALF OF (Creditor),

Why I raise this, is because, back in October 06, we were expecting a visit from the Local council on a completely un-related matter, the Intercom buzzes, I ask "who is it"?, "XXX Council" was the reply.So as we were expecting them I let them in

Only when we opened the door did this character then reveal he was in fact a Bailiff from Company x

Does this sound like mis-representation or what?

I had one call and tell me he was from medway council so i told him where to go only then did he cough up he was a bailiff.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Tevion..you seem to be a person 'after my own heart'.

This might be worth knowing.

As a 'government employee' at a 'seriously organised' department I had to undergo a training course which was at great pains to point out that in common law any person can take 'whatever steps they feel absolutely necessary to protect themselves, their property and others' the crux of it is you have to be able to swear you had an 'honestly held belief' that what you did was necessary. Prove this (convincingly) and no court will/can convict.

If you honestly believe it was necessary to grab a kitchen knife/club/machine pistol etc then so be it...as long as you really believe thats what it needed (under oath) then thats your right.

Just don't give chase,persue,instigate the confrontation as you are no longer the 'victim' but the agressor.

recent case of a 'large' sporting celebrity beating the cr*p out of an intruder in the middle of the night. Intruder claimed assault, was thrown out of court because home owner stated he was concerned that if he didn't 'sufficiently disable' intruder should anything happen to him his wife and kids may be at risk.