Ploughman vs YB NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone advise? After around 5 months since I started I've got a full and final offer 'without predjudice save as to costs' for my full amount plus interest and court costs. The process went like clockwork, they sent me a cheque for part of the amount which I never acknowledged, then I put in a claim on the Moneyclaim website. I've followed the CAG advice but now I'm unsure as to how to accept:

Firstly, I don't know what 'without predjudice save as to costs' means.

Second, they want me to 'sign and return the enclosed duplicate of this letter, and the Notice of Discontuance which the Bank will hold as undelivered until payment of the settlement sum has been made to you.' I've seen from other threads that its better not to return the Notice.

I was going to write a letter saying I accept their offer but I would hold on to the Notice of Discontinuance until I had received cleared funds into my account, then I'll forward it on to the court. Is that a good way to approach it? :confused:

My court claim was acknowledged on 250107.

Thanks CAG

TBH both ways will work just fine, if they are giving you what you want I would just send it back to hold until you have payment, cut out all the crap and get your money quicker.