Mama Bear Vs Barclays

Mama Bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have done - Mama Bear Vs RBS

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

My Thought For The Day.....

its nice to know that all these years that I have been tellinh my mum that the bank are [causing problems] me (specifically the £2k that i'm claiming back from barclays) and she just said that it wasnt the bank, it was the fact that i was just crappy with money...

I WAS RIGHT !!!! HA HA HA IN YOUR FACE MUM !!!

no, seriously though, it just gets you thinking - how many charges has my mum encountered without even thinking to question it? *shudder* doesnt bear thinking about

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

trafford hall? no. tatten hall yes.

what is is for?

actually ive just looked it up and it does ring a bell. its not far from us, its near frodsham.

why??

oh ok, fair enough.

hows the claim(s) going?

quick update... got a POD from the royal mail website - my LBA was signed for on 23 feb however i still have not had any response from barclays...they now have 7 days to gimme my money back before i submit at MCOL.... my nails are taking a beating with all these nerves!

Mama Bear,

You are doing everything right. Just keep asking on here if you have any questions. It is nerve wrecking but it'll all be worth it!! :)

Flor

quick update... got a POD from the royal mail website - my LBA was signed for on 23 feb however i still have not had any response from barclays...they now have 7 days to gimme my money back before i submit at MCOL.... my nails are taking a beating with all these nerves!

Barclays current a/c: Settled £3,413.27 :D

HSBC: Settled £753.00. :-D

MBNA (bmi): Settled £580.00. :D

Egg Card: 16/11/06 Received letter -they will not pay the £200 charges nor remove default notice.

Please click the scales if I have helped you :)

Thanks

help... can anyone tell me how to update my signature - i cant remember...

RBS have offered me a FULL settlement with no conditions! need to update my signature...

ahh... i dont have edit sig?

i have edit email password

edit profile

& edit options

am i missing something?

Just above 'Edit Email & Password' and just below 'Settings & Options', I have 'Edit Signature'.

It may just be missing temporarily for you whilst site maintenance is ongoing. Stuff comes and goes on this site, wait a few days and try again.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

does anyone know any actual legislation to do with claiming CCI back (i dont think 'you did it first' counts as a legitimate argument!)

is there anything in the unfair terms bit of the consumer act?

Do you mean CI - Contractual Interest?

There is no legislation that will help claiming this, unlike SI which can be claimed pursuant to section 69 of the CCA.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

ok, having looked at glenn/tanz/bong 's threads, I am sending Barclays a slightly amended version of the CI letter.

the main reason for me choosing to do this is that Barclays had the cheek to call me and threaten legal action against me for not doing anything to reduce my overdraft, and hence they are now charging me interest at their unathorised borrowing rate of 27.5%.... well, whats good for the goose..

or should I stick with the s69 8% interest? - ive only got one more day before i can file with MCOL... decisions decisions... anybody have any thoughts??

ok.. i guess I'll stick with the s69 interest then.. was worth a try though eh! right... i'm off to file with MCOL... will keep my thread updated.

can anybody help with POC's for MCOL please????

just had THE nastiest phone call from barclays... they have looked at my account activities and have put a stop on my card/cheque book, and are continuing to charge me their higher rate of interest at 27.5% blah blah blah... so had a look at Tanz' Bong's and Glenn's threads, and have decided that if they want to get nasty, then they wont be getting any miss nice mamabear any more. so I have sent them the CI letter, as per my clause in my prelim letter stating that I reserve the right to update/alter my claim as necessary depending on the information brought to light blah blah... and that I am now charging THEM 27.5% interest on the money that they have unlawfully borrowed without my authority...i.e unathorised borrowing, at the rate of interest set by THEM!

:mad: ooh they make me mad.... who do they think they are? they cant use bully boy tactics and threats to intimidate people anymore!

good news?? not quite.

i got up saturday morning to find a settlement offer letter sitting on my doormat... for the princley sum of £750!! needless to say I will be sending them a rejection letter... anybody know where I can find it on here?

thanks guys...

MB xxx

when sending the rejection offer letter ( i found it in the templates library) can I send them an updated SOC ?