• Tweets

• OK, thanks, I won't wait for them. On a side note, some of the posts on here are a bit frustrating, I read through five pages or so of someone going through the court process rooting for them as I'm reading, then nothing, not heard of again. Left here wondering what the outcome was, lol!
    • Hello Caggers,   I've been trying for years to get an old EE account wiped off my credit file. It was opened in 2013 and almost immediately defaulted but was shown as "Payment Arrangement" ever since. I contacted EE by telephone in 2022 and was advised it had not been wiped because there was still £69 owing, I paid it and thought it would correct once the CRA's updated their reporting cycle. However, it has still not been removed. I made a formal complaint on 27/03/2024 and have had contact with the executive team who advised that  "EE account ......... has now been deleted from the Credit File as it failed to close as it was reporting the payment arrangement set up despite, as advised this failing which should have resulted in a further default showing.  Please be advised the deletions we have completed take 24 hours to update if a paid service is used to view the Credit File. If the customer uses one of the free services to view the Credit File, the recordings update in 24 hours but the changes can take up to 30 days to be visible on a new copy of the Credit File. I have requested compensation and been advised by EE that another team are looking into this. That was almost 2 weeks ago and there has been no contact since, despite me chasing it. I do not want to go to court and would rather settle this amicably. However,I have been advised that I might have a claim for aggravated damages due to the length of time the incorrect reporting has been on my file and the fact that I told EE about this issue and paid the demanded outstanding amount of £69 almost 18 months ago. Should I just wait for EE to reply or should I start building my case against them? Is their statement admissible as evidence of their blame or do I need to dig a bit more? I made a DSAR which was initially rejected as having no data found yet. I trawled my e-mails from 2013 and found the account number and mobile number, I'm now awaiting the result of my 2nd attempt at DSAR. I have very little in the way of proof of actual loss except a mortgage refusal e-mail from HBOS in 2015. I have also had high interest loans and credit over the last 10 years but again cannot directly attribute this to this one specific error. There were other items on my credit file that could also have contributed to a low credit score too and I'm not out to cash in on anything. I want to make sure I don't end up shooting myself in the foot for any obvious reason and would appreciate any help from anyone who has had similar experience with breaches of DPA.
    • Noted. Keep an eye on the other threads here including the update a few hours back by Rob Carr.
    • dont need statements. nor std info sheets. EVERTHING else  dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg, ARC (Europe) & Trevor Munn Solicitors

KJBoutcher
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heres a pickle. After finally getting rid of the horrible Capquest last year, the Eggy ones have now put ARC (Europe) on the case as debt collectors. So, after winning with the 'prove you own the debt' CCA letter to CQ last time it was used again with ARC as they were getting seriously heavy handed with the phone calls and bad attitude.

CCA letter was sent to ARC on the 15th Jan then a week or so later a letter from Trevor Munn Solicitors shows up saying that unless a payment is made they will, on behalf of ARC, begin court action and that we would be liable for costs of upto £340! The suspicious thing is, in the Trevor Munn letter we are instructed to contact ARC themselves and not Trevor Munn... The other dubious detail is that both ARC and TM are based in Walton On Thames. Coincidence or are they one and the same? I've heard that some DCA's pretend to be solicitors and attempt to 'frighten' the unsuspecting consumer into paying up. Also, ARC have failed to produce any kind of signed CCA or deed of assignment.

Has anybody ever had any dealings with these people and can anybody confirm if they are two seperate companies or actually one and the same?

Egg's tactics are getting worse.

KJB

WON!

Cahoot - Prelim 18/8/06 - LBA 1/9/06 - MCOL 15/9/06

GE Money - Prelim 10/8/06 - LBA 1/9/06 - Cheque arrives 7/9/06

HSBC - Prelim 5/8/06 - 10/8/06 - LBA 18/8/06 - Partial offer 24/8/06: Rejected - MCOL 7/9/06 - 21/9/06 Full Offer & Confidential.

bump! Please, anybody?

WON!

Cahoot - Prelim 18/8/06 - LBA 1/9/06 - MCOL 15/9/06

GE Money - Prelim 10/8/06 - LBA 1/9/06 - Cheque arrives 7/9/06

HSBC - Prelim 5/8/06 - 10/8/06 - LBA 18/8/06 - Partial offer 24/8/06: Rejected - MCOL 7/9/06 - 21/9/06 Full Offer & Confidential.

they are linked kj write a letter to both of them saying the account is in dispute and not to get in touch anymore or this will be classed as harasment

best of luck CB

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

• 7 months later...

I have had a similar experience to others here - about a debt I don't owe. The address of Trevor Munn is Easterly House, Towpath, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 2PF. Fax 01932 247961. Tel 01932 269153. I have written asking why they haven't taken court action and made a formal complaint, which they as solicitors will have to respond. Then I'll complain to the Law Society. They will soon get tired of sending out standard letters if they have to do some work. I also faxed ARC telling them I would expect damages for harassment if I they called any more and that they must go to court.

• 4 months later...

oooo us! lol

Dealing with TM and ARC at the minute, I too had a similar incling about them.

The chap telling my OH on the phone that they will bankrupt him is also the person named as litigation manager on the TM letter.

Just sent our CCA request to ARC today and sending TM a general letter telling them we are doing so.

Also having the same issue, they have added £1000 since it got passed over from Diners card. and claiming £300 odd interest on court costs.

ETA: just noticed the age of this, hope you have some news

Trevor Munn is probably just one desk and one lawyer inside ARC. The purpose of the TM headed solicitor's letter is to strike fear into creditors. For the two heads of one beast to say different things and baffle victims into submission. It is ARC who hold the debt collector's licence from the OFT and need to conform to legal and regulatory guidelines governing debt collection.

• 6 months later...

In blue bar near the top,

click SEARCH, then click ADVANCED SEARCH.

Input keyword MUNN and select "Search in title only"

click SEARCH NOW.

This will return 8 threads, you may choose to read more widely by selecting search through thread contents as well as titles.

Debt Collection Agencies may be the better forum for your browsing.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been receiving correspondence and many many telephone calls from ARC and Trevor Munn Solicitors. They hate me because I insist on paying Egg directly (despite being in default). ARC keep threatening me because I am not paying them directly (which makes it look like they are not doing anything with the account) yet the account balance is reducing by £100 per month.

I have been repeatedly threatened by ARC and now have letters from Trevor Munn threatening a CCJ.

The point to this is that 1) I have an agreement in writing from Egg to pay them £63 per month 2) Egg are claiming the £63 per month by Direct Debit from my bank account 3) I am topping up by £37 per month as I want to clear the debt quicker and 4) I see no benefit in entertaining ARC/Trevor Munn whatsoever.

Anyone have any thoughts? Can Trevor Munn bring court action if I am doing as I have been told, and overpaying?

Ive unwillingly found myself mixed up with ARC now for an old Egg debt too.

Capquest were initially employed by Egg to chase the debt but now the baton has been passed to ARC.

I CCA'd capquest recently and they sent the CCA after the 12=2 day period but before the 30 day period.

Should I CCA ARC now?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 7 months later...

I have lodged a formal complaint with the Legal Complaints Service and Solicitors Regulatory Authority against Trevor Munn Solicitors. They have been writing to me about an alleged debt of £129. Despite requesting information about this debt they keep threatening to take me to Court and refuse to give me any information.

The complaint has been lodged on the basis that they are in violation of Rules 1.02 and 10 of the Solicitors Code of Conduct, namely the duty to act with integrity and not to take unfair advantage. I suggest that anyone who has had any unhappy dealings with this firm does the same and perhaps if there are enough people complaining the LCS will intervene and shut them down!

Ali

• 1 month later...

I have lodged a formal complaint with the Legal Complaints Service and Solicitors Regulatory Authority against Trevor Munn Solicitors. They have been writing to me about an alleged debt of £129. Despite requesting information about this debt they keep threatening to take me to Court and refuse to give me any information.

The complaint has been lodged on the basis that they are in violation of Rules 1.02 and 10 of the Solicitors Code of Conduct, namely the duty to act with integrity and not to take unfair advantage. I suggest that anyone who has had any unhappy dealings with this firm does the same and perhaps if there are enough people complaining the LCS will intervene and shut them down!

Ali

I can assure you, trevor munn is real and i used him as a conveyancing solicitor 2 yearss ago! I am horrified to find this out and I will never use him again. Honestly? His secretaries are more competent than he is, IMHO, they always gave me instant, informative replies when I called but not Trev!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What a nightmare this company are!

I received a letter about 2 months ago from a David Lloyd Gym stating I owed them money. As I owed my gym money where I live- I thought it was in connection with this one and so paid ARC the money! Bad mistake!

I then checked this out and realised I had paid a company I have never been a member of and paid a debt I do not owe!

I sent them documentation proving my identify and stating that I had never lived anywhere near the place where the gym was and asked me for more money £704!

They sent me the application form I supposedly filled in which wierdly had the girl with the same name, same DOB and similar signature but other details, including the photo were not the same and this confirmed it was not me!

I sent a further letter asking for my money to be returned again and that I did not owe the debt and to not contact me about the matter any more apart from returning the first lot of money I paid.

I have then got a letter today from Trevor Munn Solicitors- with no contact details from them and again, like above, to contact ARC to sort out the money I owe. I am unsure whether this is legitimate. They are stating that they will take me to the Small claims court in 10 days if I don't pay the money.

As this money is not mine, I know I have a case but am unsure for what the next steps are to do...go to a solicitors, send a letter to the solicitors, gym and ARC stating I am not the person and threaten legal action?! Don't know if I have a case about harassment as this is now the 3rd letter I have had!

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

I sent them documentation proving my identify and stating that I had never lived anywhere near the place where the gym was and asked me for more money £704!

They sent me the application form I supposedly filled in which wierdly had the girl with the same name, same DOB and similar signature but other details, including the photo were not the same and this confirmed it was not me!

If you have a not uncommon name, it is not inconceivable that accross the nation another woman with the name not uncommon name by coincidence has the same DOB as yourself. It is possible the other person moved house owing a debt without forwarding address, and the skip tracers found you in error. As for a similar signature that is inconclusive unless you have a very uncommon signature. The complete difference in photo suggests this is a case of mistaken identity. If you click SEARCH in the top blue bar, then click ADVANCED SEARCH, then input MISTAKEN IDENTITY as search key for thread title only, that will give you a great many threads discussing a situation similar to yours.

If you can supply any documentary evidence you live where you do, a great distance from where the other gym bill was incurred. If you perhaps write direct to the gym asking them for dates for when your namesake was on their premises. If she went to the gym on a day when you can prove you were 200 miles away, the gym will understand it is mistaken identity. If the gym can produce details of driving licence or passport number, different from yours, then the situation is clear.

Once this is clarified, the gym would not like any adverse publicity that they participated in unjust persecution of an innocent bystander. The gym is also subject to regulators and licensors, so they who instigated debt chasing will rein back the DCAs and lawyers. So, best to put pressure on the gym, more so than on solicitors and debt collectors who cannot care less once you mistakenly paid them. You could even do a google search on your own name within single quotes. You might even find your namesake on the net? A long shot. :D

Good luck.

I was getting calls from ARC regarding an Egg debt. They kept phoning my elderly mum, even though:

a) They were told I do not live there

b) They had the correct contact details for me

c) They had agreed not to call her again as she is frail and the calls were frightening her. (bear in mind, they had my own address and phone number and I had always answered the calls.)

I have been paying the debt off regularly within the agreement, but strangely, ARC contacted me recently to suggest a 'one off' payment and the rest would be written off. I was invited to 'make them an offer'.

A legal friend of mine says this is rather strange, because these companies tend to make offers of a FFS if the debt is NOT being paid, which is not the case with me.

Comments in bold.

I was getting calls from ARC regarding an Egg debt. They kept phoning my elderly mum, even though:

a) They were told I do not live there

b) They had the correct contact details for me

c) They had agreed not to call her again as she is frail and the calls were frightening her. (bear in mind, they had my own address and phone number and I had always answered the calls.)

They are obviously trying to pressure you on a sensitive spot, making so much nuisance that you will pay whatever to be rid of it. This is appalling. If the telephone monkeys get overzealous, it is possible to find ARC's company secretary's home address via companieshouse.gov.uk. From there possibly find home phone number from BT online directory. If that company secretary gets rung at home at all hours, he will understand two can play that game. There is a different CAG chat room specialising on how to counter harassment going beyond the line drawn by the licensor the OFT.

I have been paying the debt off regularly within the agreement, but strangely, ARC contacted me recently to suggest a 'one off' payment and the rest would be written off. I was invited to 'make them an offer'.

A legal friend of mine says this is rather strange, because these companies tend to make offers of a FFS if the debt is NOT being paid, which is not the case with me.

With recession here to stay, times are hard, and with litigation famously ongoing many debtors are holding back for wait and see. Possibly ARC no longer believes in the future, that even if you are paying on time currently, you might not continue to do so. So they would settle for a smaller bird in hand. Who knows, maybe debt collectores too are looking at bankruptcy. :D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
subbing.

big trev is on me now...

Out of interest did you reply to any ARC letters before Trevor was put on the case?

My Posts exist exclusively to assist me in preparing litigation against another party.

As such, it is almost certainly protected by litigation privilege.

The legal requirements for claiming litigation privilege are well established and are not in dispute.

Communication between a solicitor, or the client, or a third party will be protected by litigation privilege where the communications are for the dominent purpose of obtaining legal advice in connection with, or conducting litigation in prospect: Re: "Highgate Traders Limited (1984)"BCLC 151.

Copyright Information: All information contained in this website , Associated websites, and Forum posts are Copyright "Reclaim The Right Ltd". If you wish to use the information on this site for publication elsewhere then please email the administrator for permission.

I've had a letter from them today stating that they will prepare papers in 10 days if I don't pay ARC.

Funny as Egg have still not closed the official dispute - my account is showing as settled in Feb last year BY EGG! and ARC have all this info.

Egg have refused to repay the PPI they mis-sold, they only sent the CCA 18months after it was originally requested and its the old one with "approved limit", yet they still haven't sent the Data request which would let me calculate how much the PPI is.

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I have not had TM on my back yet but have been getting calls and texts from ARC for quite some time to which I have never replied nor contacted as they request. I suspect if they have been sending letters that they have been going to an old address as I have never had anything in writing from them. I have no idea how much they are chasing me for or for who or what.

Do I carry on ignoring?????