Recieved Offer!

bethheartchris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to site after being recommended to come here to claim back all our bank charges from HSBC! Who cause us to be £80 overdrawn every month at least!! Please help as I dont know where to start, what to write in a letter etc and how long does process take

Any advice is excellent

Many thanx

Beth

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome

First of all dont panic - you will soon have your money back in your hands where it belongs!!

Yes you can claim back your charges, even if you were late paying, even if you went over your limit and even if your DD Bounced!!!

Remember the banks have acted unlawful you havent!!!

Before you start anything make sure you read the FAQs and as many threads as possible as there is a wealth of information on here!!

Before you start, make sure you start your own thread in the bank you are claiming against forum. AS you have already posted this one, I assume you already know how to do that!

First you need to send this letter and Remember you can claim as far back as six years!!!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

next you need to send

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

I would advise that you opened a parchute account, there are details of this in the FAQ, in addition I would send your bank this letter, to stop them from taking further action whils this account is overdrawn and in dispute

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/5078-10-data-protection-act.html

If you get stuck have a look (by searching) to see if your question has already been asked by reading other people threads, if you are still not sure either post your question in your own thread or PM me and I will be happy to help you.

Also look for another newbie claiming against the same bank as you, that way you can do your claim together and support each other as the post drops through the door!!

Sometimes it can be stressful especially if the banks start to mess you around and tell you that they will win in court - remember the banks have never once been to court they always settle first!!!!! So dont be intimedated!!!!

You are lucky HSBC seem to be one of the easiest to claim against so good luck!!!

Good Luck

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• 2 months later...

Hi I sent the bank statements letter, and then the schedukle of charges with the request for payment letter and they sent me a letter saying they will investigate the situation. Its been at least 3 weeks now what with christmas etc. and i have had nothing. Now what do I do? Any help is great

Thanks

Beth x

Hi Beth,

You have given them long enough, you need to send the letter before action now along with another copy of your schedule of charges. Don't forget to post it recorded signed for. Start looking at the moneyclaim online and take your time to fill in correctly so that when your 14 days are up you can just press the submit button. You are well on your way to getting your money back :)

• 3 weeks later...

HI, Im really confused about the whole interest thing. We are now on our 14 days after the LBA. I havent included interest with my schedule of charges or letters. But now Im issuing my court claim so have to add the 8% but cant work out how you work it out. So please can someone help me, We are claiming from the 30th dec 03 total of £1237 in charges. What will the 8% interest be? Please someone help me!

Thanx

Beth x

HI, Im really confused about the whole interest thing. We are now on our 14 days after the LBA. I havent included interest with my schedule of charges or letters. But now Im issuing my court claim so have to add the 8% but cant work out how you work it out. So please can someone help me, We are claiming from the 30th dec 03 total of £1237 in charges. What will the 8% interest be? Please someone help me!

Thanx

Beth x

hi beth

did you just list your charges or use a spreadsheet to work out your charges? on the simple excel s/s i used, it worked out the 8% automatically. try entering your charges on the simple s/s if you haven't already. you can find the calculation of interest s/s template in the letter templates

read through as many threads as you can to familiarise yourself with the process and good luck with your claim.

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

I got my statements and listed the charges. I didnt include the interest. but now i have to add the 8 % and this is really confusing me, I just had a look at the advanced excel spreadsheet but as I havent got any interest to add I cant work out how I should be doing it. I just want the charges back the interest is too tricky to work out!! :confused: Id rather leave it!! I wanted to do it online but havent got a debit card to pay the fee and am not exempt as we dont have working tax credit.

Oh its a nightmare, but I dont want to give up as thats what they expect!! Will have to try and persevere!!

:)

glad you got it! if you use the n1 (as opposed to mcol) you don't have to worry about keeping your particulars to such a tiny space and you can walk it into your local court. i think it is slightly cheaper anyway and we've seen a couple of the n1's get passed them for whatever reason - and they have had to payout without it going the distance. so, maybe it's a good thing. i always try to find the brighter picture!

Hi, Today we recieved an offer after registering our claim for £708.90 which is less than our claimm of £1237 & Fees & interest. Also in the letter they state that we are claiming £834.00 in charges which we arent as you can see.

What does this mean?

They are offering to credit our account which we dont want as we are overdrawn by a quite a bit due to their charges!!!

Any advice greatly recieved.

xx:razz:

SORRY, REALISED I HAVE TOO MANY THREADS! SO HAVE ADDED THIS ONE TO THIS THREAD. SORRY

Hi, Today we recieved an offer after registering our claim for £708.90 which is less than our claimm of £1237 & Fees & interest. Also in the letter they state that we are claiming £834.00 in charges which we arent as you can see.

What does this mean?

They are offering to credit our account which we dont want as we are overdrawn by a quite a bit due to their charges!!!

Any advice greatly recieved.

xx:razz: