Chopski Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there all,

am new to this and wondered if anyone of you clever people out there can tell me whether if you get your bank charges back .........and I say if and when!!!!! can you stipulate how they pay it, ie can you ask them to make out a cheque for the amount to a certain person or do you just have to accept that they will just pay it as and when into your account? Anybody got any hints on this or any experience of asking for it to be paid to a particular place and getting it done?, hope this makes sense, cheers, Hannahbeans ( Cat's nickname! LOL):p

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cant answer that chop but congratulations:grin:

Thanks Tilly :grin:

I phoned them a while ago but CR was close so the lady on phone couldn't give me much help but she said that it looked like the payment was for charges and interest.

Definately not the right amount though!

Got an offer from Cap one today too so at least there has been some movement! Just a bit concerned about the Halifax one as due to the bank holiday weekend they only have until this Friday to file a defence!

Deal or no deal :???::???::???::???: (or shall I phone the banker?!)

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

Charges = £2613.00

8% on Charges = £318.51

Overdraft Interest = £436.56

8% on Overdraft Interest = £36.70

Court Costs = £120.00

Totalling 3524.77

Do your charges and interest match what you were paid?

If not then give them a ring tomorrow to see how it has been broken down, buy you accept as part payment and carry on for the rest.

Use the letter from the rejection letters.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

hiya SS,

Cheers for the quick response ;)

Will give em a rinf tomorrow to see what the money is all about and then probably send a partial acceptance letter.

If I accept as partial payment do I need to inform MCOL?

The money was not everything I claimed for.

Cheers

Chop

Will definitely donate on payout to help keep this site going - thanks for all the advice!

See what they sat when you ring, but make sure they know you wont close the court case and will be filing for the rest.

And yes you should tell mcol.

But wait until you have phoned.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

See what they sat when you ring, but make sure they know you wont close the court case and will be filing for the rest.

And yes you should tell mcol.

But wait until you have phoned.

Thanks S,

Your help is much appreciated!!

Will ring and see what happens, ya never know they might give me the rest :grin: if not i'll let them know I will continue.

Sorry to be a pain but I assume it would be sensible to send a recorded letter saying accept in part but will continue? Then phone MCOL or write them also?

Cheers :grin: Hopefully be all over soon......then I'll start on the next Hali claim :grin:

Chop

Morning Chopski!

Hope you get some answers today - congrats on a partial win -SO FAR! Bet you didn't get much sleep last night wanting the morning to come to sort out the confusion.

Suze;)

Hi Suze, thanks, lets hope they play bal today so I can have a better sleep tonight!

Hi Mackem,

Been at work all day so have just got back and have received a letter from Halifax giving me a breakdown of what they have paid into my account (On purely a commercial basis of course!).

They have paid £2643.00 in respect of bank charges (full amount)

£337.89 in respect of approximate interest that halifax has calculated.

£120.00 court costs

'The Halifax does not consider that you are entitled to the further £423.88 that you are claiming. Unless you can provide evidence of this further loss the Halifax will file a defence in respect of this part of your claim'

Surely the spreadsheets are evidence enough for them???

Will now ring them and see what they have to say for themselves.......

Watch this space.

Chop

Hi again!

OK, just got off the phone to them with no extra money as yet.

I said to the lady that I had already sent (twice) copies of the schedule of charges with all the calculations as evidence to prove the £423.88 was still owed by them. She looked on her screen etc and agreed this and said that she would send this up to the legal department to check and they may or may not instruct her to pay this.

I did remind her that due to the bank holiday there was very little time to send letters etc before the deadline was up and she said it should go to the legal dept. today who should get back very soon!

I will now have to ring MCOL and let them know Halifax have part paid.

I will also write to the Halifax to let them know I accept this part payment etc.

Time is getting short!

Chop

Me again!

Have notified MCOL that Hali have paid some moey into my account so that bit is sorted...

Now off to the template library to dig out the right accept in part payment letter but see you in court!

One day this will all be over :lol:

Chop

Hi Mackem,

I am just going to send off leter 5, I won't add about the partial payment but will add that I had a converstaion with hali yesterday and they said it is being referred to legal dept.

I don't know but maybe we have to offer it back to them if we are not accepting in full and final? Although thinking about it they didn't actually offer it to me in full and final in the letter I received yestersday.

Am at work at the mo so will post when I have decided on the format of the letter.

Good luck again.

Chop

Hi Everyone,

OK - Halifax had until Tuesday 29th to defend my claim and they didn't. They did pay some of money into my account but I have not written and accepted this or dclined it. I did however inform MCOL about it who told me to continue with the claim if I was not satisfied with the part payment.

I am now able to tick the file judgement box on the MCOL site - shall I do this as soon as poss or shall I write to them first giving them a few days to pay up or I will file judgement?

Many thanks

Chop

The letter does seem to work very well. But it is up to you.

Have a read of this and see what you think.

The letter is in the link...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=13)

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Hi all,

I phoned Halifax who said they really weren't going to pay me anymore money. I said that the deadline for filing a defence had passed and would give them 7 days to pay the remainder or I would file judgement.

Since then I phoned MCOL and they have said that Halifax have filed a defence but it came through on 30th (the deadline was the 29th!) but the defence would still be accepted as there is a huge backlog etc etc.

So am now waiting for MCOL to write and let me know they have defended.

I now need to start reading up on AQ's etc!

I assume that they are correct and that even though the deadline has passed their defence can still be accepted?

The saga continues!

Chop

hi again!

Have been reading through the guidance notes on this site and have a query...

When Halifax paid the part payment into my account they wrote a letter saying they would defend the remainder of the claim, which is 423.88. The original claim was for 3524.77.

Does this now mean that my claim is only for the remainder of the claim ie the 423.88? Or will the court still take the whole amount of the claim into account even though a lot of it has settled?

Would be useful if it now only 423.88 as it would mean I don't have to pay the £100 Allocation Questionnaire fee.

Does anyone know about this?

Many thanks

Chop

hiya chop,

I rang the court today and turns out the Halifax have filed a defence today for the remainder of my claim.

AQ is in post the nice lady said

I dont know if it is just the remainder for the AQ or the whole amount either ??

hiya chop,

I rang the court today and turns out the Halifax have filed a defence today for the remainder of my claim.

AQ is in post the nice lady said

I dont know if it is just the remainder for the AQ or the whole amount either ??

hiya mackem,

looks like we are in the same boat then!

Mybe someone knowledgable will come along soon!?

:D

Hi Guys...,

Phone the courts tomorrow and ask.

F&Q's... Read here