• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think any bank gives you an easy ride, however YB tend to take things a little further.

Make sure you ARE prepared to say hello to a courtroom!

Yorkshire Bank Plc £3553.77 Prelim letter sent 14/9/06 LBA sent 22/9/06, MCOL Sent 10/10/06 MCOL Notice of Issue Rcvd 12/10/06, MCOL Acknowledged 17/10/06, £929.00 Offer Rcvd, 03/11/06 - Rejected, 09/11/06 YB Defended, 10/11/06 Transferred to Local Court, AQ Returned;) 30/11/06 Copy of Banks AQ Received, 1 month extra asked for by Clydesdale, 09/01/07 £2140.00 Offer Rcvd, 09/01/07 - Rejected, 11/11/07 Allocation To Small Claims Track, Court Date Set - 05/03/07, 15/01/07 £2590.00 Offer Rcvd, 15/11/07 - Rejected, 07/02/07 £3773.77 Offer Rcvd (FULL), 12/02/07 - Accepted, 21/02/07 - Chq Received for FULL AMOUNT. :)

received a letted today from yb it says they have acknowledged my request for charges and they will send them in due course but is making me aware that they have 40 days.

they'll probably leave it until last minute no doubt to delay things

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Cabsi,

Let it run its course. On the 12th, phone them and ask what is the delay. You can also phone the Information Commissioners Office and ask them to intervene. If you write to the ICO, it will go on record. If many people do this, the ICO will insist that they deal with all cases within the legal time limit.

My guess is they will provide this at the last minute, but it won't be complete, and you'll have to go back to them for the full information,

Tide

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

wote them a leter on thursday to remind them they had till yesterday to reply recived a reply on saturday saying that dur to this high profile issue they will not be able to reply within the 40days

i iwll now inform information comissioner is the the correct path to take

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cabsi28,

Keep all letters and details of telephone calls. Inform the ICO of their non-compliance, don't let this delay your claim though. You can phone or email the ICO and ask them to intervene.

How can a company claim that any information they hold on you be secure if they can't provide it within 40 days?

Tide

Hi Cabsi28,

just received 2 letters from CB dated on the same day saying that due to high demand etc. thay would be unable to provide info requested. Also informed me of my right to go to Information Commissioner to complain, what are they upto?

Alki:confused:

Alki, when did you make your SAR?

They have been inundated with claims and haven't got the staff to deal!

Banks are still laying off staff though. Have you got any statements at all?

You need to issue a Letter Before Action (LBA in the library) in the interim, which might wake them up. Personally, I'd phone them and pin down the date I will receive my data, and tell them the delay is not acceptable.

Tide

got statements on staurday wow couldnt belive how many i was just expecting a spreadsheet with details of charges on them but i have received 6 yrs of full statements

i ve worked out they owe me £4067 cant wait to take the [edit] to court [edit]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

hi been a long time been going along with the process now has come the time to take court action

i need help please can someone help me through the process of doing the mcol as im not sure where to start

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've not personally used MCOL but from what I've heard it is pretty user friendly and they have a great help desk if you get stuck. With regards to filling it in the information you need for the sections everything you need can be found here...

Money Claim On-Line (MCOL) Particulars of Claim

Sarah

Yorkshire Bank

Started Process 19th Sept 2006.

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

Hearing Date 7th June 2007.

WON!!!!! 6th June 2007 :D

Frequently Asked Questions

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

Also As Weel I Have Sent A Schedule Of Charges With My Prelim Letter To The Bank But It Was Not In The Set Up Of The One On This Site I Was Unable To Access The Template As Pc Wasnt Working Properly At The Time. I Have Just Looked At It Now And Mine Was Similar But Not As Detailed As The Template. Does This Make A Difference What The Schedukeof Charges Looked Like As The Bank Has Had A Schedule Of Charges And I Can Work The Interest Out Of The Template

I Would Rather Be Sure Now Than It Be To Late To Remidy This When Claim Has Been Logged

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you set out what the charge was and when it was taken from your account? If you did then I would have thought that was ample enough but don't quote me on that. I'm sure one of the mods will tell you.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!

i did set out the charges and how much they were but i dont think i put the individual dates on, just what the charges were and how much. i'm not to sure maybe iwould just be better doing another one but then what do i do do i send a further copy to the bank and then do my MCOL?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I think you would be better off doing another copy with all the charges including an explanation of what the charge was and what date it was taken from your account and send that to the bank. I know it seems a pain but you don't want them to have anything to throw back at you.

Sarah.

Yorkshire Bank

All Stages Followed.

Next Step Court!