Student Loans Company

keyserchris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Doe sanyone know if the SLC is party to this? As I have certainly been charged for non-payments and letters sent etc...

To cut a long story short, I was not at fault with the SLC, though I was with HSBC, who I am claiming against

Don't know anything about the SLC but if they are levying penalties which exceed their actual losses then the usual rules apply.

Don't know anything about the SLC but if they are levying penalties which exceed their actual losses then the usual rules apply.

These clowns are in a class of their own!

Just before Xmas I opened my payslip to find they had deducted £115 from my pay, but the problem is I pay my loan by Direct Debit. After several phone calls they told me that this was for my postgraduate loan, which should come off subsequent to my undergraduate loan, but because they hadn’t sent me the letter telling me I could choose to pay either or both, they took both!

£115 down a week before Xmas! I sent them a fax telling them to pay the money back or I’d see them in court. I then got a letter telling me that they had investigated and the outcome was in my favour, and I’d be hearing from them soon.

I did then get a choice letter, and opted to pay the salary deduction first, because it comes off before tax. I then cancelled the Direct Debit.

Guess what? I got a letter telling me I had cancelled the Direct Debit, and telling me I owed them money. I don’t. The real killer is they sent the letter to my old address!

Incompetent doesn’t start to cover it. They will be seeing me in court!

These clowns are in a class of their own!

Just before Xmas I opened my payslip to find they had deducted £115 from my pay, but the problem is I pay my loan by Direct Debit. After several phone calls they told me that this was for my postgraduate loan, which should come off subsequent to my undergraduate loan, but because they hadn’t sent me the letter telling me I could choose to pay either or both, they took both!

£115 down a week before Xmas! I sent them a fax telling them to pay the money back or I’d see them in court. I then got a letter telling me that they had investigated and the outcome was in my favour, and I’d be hearing from them soon.

I did then get a choice letter, and opted to pay the salary deduction first, because it comes off before tax. I then cancelled the Direct Debit.

Guess what? I got a letter telling me I had cancelled the Direct Debit, and telling me I owed them money. I don’t. The real killer is they sent the letter to my old address!

Incompetent doesn’t start to cover it. They will be seeing me in court!

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks