Jess 17 v Capital One

Jess17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

About 4 years ago, when I was yonger and stupid, I took out a Capital One card with the promise it would improve my credit rating. I had a credit of £200 which I used to pay of a parking ticket, that one transaction has cost me so much money. No matter how much I paid of it the debt seemed to get larger. I once paid £150 on it , at this stage I felt like I had repaid thecard three times over, the debt got to £700+ pounds, on a £200 limit card which I had only used once. I couldn't understand and stupidly just ignored it. I since moved house and forgot about the card.

2 years onwards and they've found me, I got a letter through the post from Capital One on Saturday informing me that my debt had been passed on to a collections agency etc.

I know most of this debt is made up of thie rcharges and I want to claim my money back. I paid them so much money before. I haven't contacted their collections agency but I'm sure they will be writing to me soon.

Could someone please offer me advice, help, where do I start?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
It Says Bank Templates Libary,

Thats the one...Send a SAR to Cap1 with the £10 fee (Postal Order). Make sure you let them know what your PREVIOUS address was, just so they cant get confused lol...Once you receive your statements back, you can begin your claim. Might be a good idea in the meantime to send a CCA to the Debt Collection Agency. That letter is also in the templates section...There's a £1 fee that will have to go with that letter. Send them both recorded delivery...Keep us posted of your progress or any other questions you have

Just hate every DCA out there

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I sent them a Subject Access Request to CAP one and the Debt Collection Agency and a CCA to the DEbt Collection Agency which sent me back a photocopy showing just a date and signature page of the inial application with Capital One 5 years ago, My Subject Access Request has been ignored and so far it has been 23 days. However the Debt Collectors have now forwarded me to their legal team Hampton who are threatening legal action within 7 days. I received this letter on Monday. What do I do now?

Hi Jess

Are you making any payments to your account?... Even though the S.A.R. has been requested, it maybe that the debt was passed on to the debt collectors before your S.A.R. arrived. I would call the debt collector and tell them that the account is in dispute and it can not be passed over to them. They should pass the debt back to Capital One. You should still make your payments to your account, or offer a token payment if your having difficulties.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I haven't made any payment to this account in three years cause i thought I had paid it all, only for them to send me a letter to my new address three years later telling me I owe them £707 , no explanation of where the £707 is coming from. The credit card expired long ago, I only used it to pay a praking ticket it had a limit of £200 on it.

Capital One hasn't replied i just got a letter from them saying I was to deal with the debt collectors, the letter literally came out of the blue after three years. I don't even know where they got my current address from

Ok. . i have a feeling because we pay an annual fee to Capital One, the £15 charge was added 3 years ago and not paid because you have moved. Since the charge was added, late payment fees have been added every month, at £25 a go...

You need to get a full S.A.R to see if what has happened. I have heard of dormant accounts having fees added because of the annual fee not being paid.

If they have'nt complied with your request for your data, then advise them that they will be reported.

Hope this helps

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers