kazzaw v First Direct - **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Expect an offer of settlement in fullon the condition of confidentiality arriving through your letter box in the next day or two....

Am I that lucky?!!!!

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

I was!

I got the letter from the court stated that FD had acknowledged the claim the same day as I got the letter from DG Solicitors offering settlement in full.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

I was!

I got the letter from the court stated that FD had acknowledged the claim the same day as I got the letter from DG Solicitors offering settlement in full.

So I'll be on the doorstep waiting for the postman for the next couple of days!! :roll:

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

:-)

Keep us posted!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

Hi Kazzaw

Looks like your in front of me now my claim is still at the issue stage. my claim was issued the day before yours. I am getting concerned now.

Thanks lillboy

Bogus Charges £499.00 LBA 1/06/06

Refund of £299.00 now sent Data Protection Act:)

GE Capital NEXT

Hi Kazzaw

Looks like your in front of me now my claim is still at the issue stage. my claim was issued the day before yours. I am getting concerned now.

Maybe I'll have to go to Court & you'll just get a cheque in the post!! lol ;-)

Letter received today from DG offering exactly half of my claim.

I'm just about to reply thanking them for their kind offer but telling them nicely that I would prefer the full amount!!

Keep it short and sweet kazzaw:

Thank you for your letter dated XX June 2006.

I do not accept your offer.

--

Another letter from Ms D'Aubney today.

Identical to letter last week but with a different figure!! Accepted with usual crossings out!! Faxed back & also letter in post today.

Hoping to see a huge increase in my bank balance in the next few days!! ;)

Have you been offered the full amount?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Have you been offered the full amount?

Yes but I'm not supposed to tell you so sssshhhhh! Don't spread it around will you?!! lol

Sent letter back today & crossed out confidentiality clause.

How long does it usually take for money to appear in a/c?

Congratulations!! :D

As you have refused confidentiality, there is no need to keep it quiet. The money will be in your account in a few days.

Please complete our bank charges survey.

And when you get your money, a donation would be greatly appreciated :)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Nice one Kazzaw:)

Firstdirect = £4,384.46

Data Protection Act sent 8th May

Prelim sent 17th May

LBA sent 2nd June

Moneyclaim 17th June (deemed as served 24th June)

Acknowledged 30th June

Settled in full 06th July

Congrats Kazzaw

--

"congratulations":p

Barclays claiming £5269.63

LBA sent 17/05/2006

money claim filed 31/05/2006

court date 8th September 2pm

offered full refund 1st Sep

:D money credited to account :D

2nd September

:) Help this site to keep going please donate by clicking the button:)

CONGRATULATIONS

:D Wooo :D hooooo :D

Well done Kaz

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Congratulations Kazzaw bet you're relieved! I've been following your case with interest as I'm a few days behind you. Just received the 'half' offer today and have prepared a letter saying thanks but no thanks. Did your letter mention that HSBC was entirely confident that the charges were reasonable etc etc?Tkcake

FIRST DIRECT:

CLAIMING £2053.00 + court fee £120

Data Protection Act SENT 6/5/06

PRELIM LETTER 23/5/06

LBA 06/6/06

REPLY REC'D 9/6/06

MCOL FILED 26/06/06

Half offer received and declined 3/7/06

Full offer and fees received 7/7/06

Credit rec'd in bank 12/07/06 Yippee!

BANK WITHDRAW BANKING FACILITIES!! 1/11/2006

Money in account tonight!! :)

Thanks to everyone who has given help & support along the way! ;)

Donation will be on it's way in due course.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks