LOST- confused

redusga64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now i'm wondering if i can start a claim, i had an account with Abbey about 6 years ago which i defaulted the account is closed as i had stopped using them i still have an entry on my credit file stating that i owe £140 i don't remember my account number so what do i do?

Now i'm wondering if i can start a claim, i had an account with Abbey about 6 years ago which i defaulted the account is closed as i had stopped using them i still have an entry on my credit file stating that i owe £140 i don't remember my account number so what do i do?

Do you still owe £140? Also, what do you mean "about six years ago"? 6 years is generally accepted as the limitation period for recovering charges (although we're working on a way round that). Perhaps if you can answer these questions I might be able to help you a bit more.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Try telephoning the bank and asking them. Failing that you could invest £10 on a subject access request. As the account has been closed so long you will probably have to supply identity information. At the are likely to take their time responding to and when they do respond to it will probably be to ascertain your identity. You could try and pre-empt that by sending them a copy of your passport, driving licence, and the utility bill but do make sure that you also send them the £10. I suggest that you send it all special delivery. The best address to send this to would be the address which they have used to register themselves as DPA controllers and you will find this on the information Commissioner's web site which is linked in the library

Sorry taken long to reply but have had a bad week dealing with all different issues which i'll bring up in another thread.

I recently got a credit file from Equifax this has details of the money i owe is it possible to use these details to get in contact as it is supplied for useful addresses i guess to address the debt that has not been paid.

Well i stopped using the Abbey account when i opened up the RBS account so i would definately say it's been over 6 years so i might have missed the mark for that, how long does a default stay on your file for or can they keep renewing it??

I don't know about the default but if you can get the information out of them about the account, then the Statute of Limitations allows you to claim for up to 6 years from when you found out they were acting unlawfully. The only problem is, they're not required to hold the information readily available for more than 6 years so they may be able to fob you off with saying they don't have the information any more.

Best of luck!!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks