HSBC -Arrangement fees

jimmylove
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im about to submit my letter to HSBC after totaling up the charges that have been appied to me. They are calling them 'arrangement fees' on my statement. I have for the past 6 months been going approx £100 over my overdraft limit each month and the reason for this being is because they charge me £125 each month for going overdrawn!! (Jan 07 was £150 for some reason?) Am I still entitled to claim this money back as as far as I can see it is an overdraft charge rather than an arrangement fee. Am I right? thanks in advance

i think everyone got new terms and conditions in dec. notifying that they are changing a few things - and yes, it is probably to rake back some of their losses. as far as i know, yes, it is reclaimable. just look for anything on your statement with a DR next to it - with a few exceptions (services, machine charges on old statements, etc - see charge descrip. thread) Charges description on statements - Please Read (i've asked someone to update it) they are ok to claim. they are calling it an arrangement fee to make it look like a service which it is not, it is a charge. you've seen all the faqs and step by steps? Newcomer? Here's A User Guide. just follow these, you won't go far wrong. do you have much in the way of overdraft interest on your statements. if so, you might want to follow a little guide i wrote to help with the difference between the interests as it is a little confusing. if it helps, read this, post number 9:HONEYGIE sees you HSBC! (multipage.gif1. welcome to the forum and if you have specific questions - ask away. that's what we are doing here.

thanks for your replys....i read the inspiring thread on honeygie's experience which gives me the confidence to take the plunge! As im ever the optomist, i was wondering what your thoughts are on the worse case scinareo should everythign gp wrong. Will I just have to pay the court costs ? Will I have to pay for their defence as well? Will i have my mortgage revoked (it is with the hsbc also) Will I be asked to pay my overdraft back immediatley? Or is it a simple case of hanging on in there and ignoring their intimidating tactics of filing a defence etc?

Jimmylove x