• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3490 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Linus , I know you may think you have a problem, but did you research this topic by reading the previuos replys and threads, then you would have come to your own conclusion that you have nothing to worry about; just ignore everything, do not repond, they will ignore your protestations etc. They just want people to pay: end of: its a [problem]. Get on with your lfe and enjoy.

Hiya, yes but I admit I only read the first 10 pages and the last 10 pages :D Is it really that simple and we can just fully ignore this? I was following the bankbustermum story where many replies were sent back to UKPC.

I was just going to send the reply outlined on page 5,

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. You have written to me as the registered keeper. If you have a claim it is against the driver, please take this matter up with the driver.

Yours faithfully

It sounds like your saying I should not even do this.

Hiya, yes but I admit I only read the first 10 pages and the last 10 pages :D Is it really that simple and we can just fully ignore this? I was following the bankbustermum story where many replies were sent back to UKPC.

I was just going to send the reply outlined on page 5,

Dear Sirs,

I refer to your attached letter. You have written to me as the registered keeper. If you have a claim it is against the driver, please take this matter up with the driver.

Yours faithfully

It sounds like your saying I should not even do this.

Hi there. Of course it is your decision as to how to approach this. The problem that has been found by writing to them is that you will just recieve even more letters and more uneccessary worry (plus wasting money on stamps!) If you do ignore them you will revieve approx 5 letters and thats it

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

as the driver was not the RK then why not send the letter in this instance. It will spur the PPC into wasting more money. just keep all the letters they send and don't reply again. Even easier to just ignore them, it works and you save a stamp.

Sorry, not sure what happened there!!!

1 UKPC Charge certificate £40

2 UKPC Final Demand £80

3 Rossendale Collect £125

4 Rossendale Collect £125 but lots of red

5 Rossendale Collect Final Demand

6 Rossendale Collect NOTICE OF VISIT in big red letters

7 Rossendale collec YOU WILL BE VISTED BY A DEBT COLLECTOR in even bigger letters.

Don't play their game by contacting them, just sit back and ignore them;)

The last one is now over a month old and I'm still waiting

Im at stage 5, and it took a few weeks for this letter to come. I recieved it today but the letter was dated 13th March. It does not take the post office 7 days to post a letter..

As far as i am concerned they can go and screw themselves and visit someone in africa, money [causing problems] scumbags....

Im at stage 5, and it took a few weeks for this letter to come. I recieved it today but the letter was dated 13th March. It does not take the post office 7 days to post a letter.

It certainly doesnt take that long but is a tried and tested DCA trick to get you to pay up immediately (not that you will of course! :D).

:D

If you believe that this post has helped in any way please click on the star to the left

DDWales Vs Barclaycard-*Won* http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/174860-ddwales-barclaycard.html

DDWales Vs Natwest-*Won*

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/210090-ddwales-natwest.html

-Reclaim the Right-

Could I just add my voice to those above I've had 6 letters from Rossendales including one from Churchill recovery debt (who are coincidentally part of Rossendales) and a phone call as well. All have been contemptuously ignored by me on the advice of this forum...... I'm am now serving 5 years in Parkhurst will a cellmate called Erica... oohh its brought a new meaning to the word "clamping";)... only joking:D.

Really folks it really is as simple as ignoring these cowbays, I have derived a huuuge amount of satisfaction reading increasingly sombre letters knowing they are only achieving a reduction in their profits through wasted postage. Fear not this is bullying and bluster of a highly organised order nothing more nothing less.

You will not be taken to court,

You will not recieve a visit from a bailiff

You will finally be left alone

You will have the satisfaction of having beaten this pond life.

Enjoy;)

I'd just like to say a big thank you to all who have posted their experience and advice on this forum concerning how to respond to this company. I have chosen to ignore their letters and am now only at stage 2. however it would appear that they have upped their prices as the 'Final reminder' is for £90.00.

Sorry, not sure what happened there!!!

1 UKPC Charge certificate £40

2 UKPC Final Demand £80

3 Rossendale Collect £125

4 Rossendale Collect £125 but lots of red

5 Rossendale Collect Final Demand

6 Rossendale Collect NOTICE OF VISIT in big red letters

7 Rossendale collec YOU WILL BE VISTED BY A DEBT COLLECTOR in even bigger letters.

Don't play their game by contacting them, just sit back and ignore them;)

The last one is now over a month old and I'm still waiting

I'm on stage 2 and I haven't received a letter in ages! I bet I jinx myself now :p

hi all, i just received a "notice of visit" letter from rossendales stating that if i ignored them any longer a debt collector will be visiting me in the 'next few days'! it was sent on the 16th march, but i only received it today.

now i also made the mistake of phoning them and they now have my phone number. will they now be harassing me with phone calls?

i only came across this website now, wish i looked first.

any advise

they want £115

hi all, i just received a "notice of visit" letter from rossendales stating that if i ignored them any longer a debt collector will be visiting me in the 'next few days'! it was sent on the 16th march, but i only received it today.

Don't worry. I'm sure you didn't miss them calling. :)

now i also made the mistake of phoning them and they now have my phone number. will they now be harassing me with phone calls?

Almost guaranteed!

any advise

they want £115

They can "want" all they like. I hope you don't intend giving them it.

Don't worry no-one will be visiting you it's just part of the [problem] to scare you into paying.

Definately...

any advise

they want £115:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just ignore these clowns.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

thanks alot people...

is there anything i can do about them having my phone number or them calling me. although the guy did say he will call back later but nothing yet.

i feel silly for calling them

when they ring say "hang on a please" and then go and read a book, cook dinner, have a nap. they will soon get fed up of wasting their time and money - which is a shame !

hahahahahahhahaha

i get it now!!!!!

advise taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all that have helped.

will keep you updated as to what happens next though

thanks

hahahahahahhahaha

i get it now!!!!!

advise taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all that have helped.

will keep you updated as to what happens next though

thanks

You are a couple of weeks or so behind me, I had a notice of visit but nothing happened.

As far as I can work out, if there is another letter, it will be one for a reduced amount.

Unluckily for them, I'll be sending just the same amount of money :p

Ahh call me sad but I take great pleasure in winding these muppets up, I called them again recently to have some more fun!

The last call I made, the twerps tried get my number out of me via a 'security question' and then later I spoke to somebody new and they said they didn't have the number. When I phoned up this time they again tried the security question [problem]. I made a number up on the spot and laughed out loud when the moron on the end of the phone replied "Yep, you have now passed security".

The pleb on the phone also essentially admitted that he was aware that sending round a 'debt collector' was illegal, although it is GUARANTEED that I will be visited soon... Fingers crossed, wasted petrol and time for them would be great.

One thing which I do notice and they have hung up on me twice because of it, is that they are really keen to try and find out exactly what you are disputing in regards to the ticket. The moment I say I am not going to provide any information, they start getting aggressive.

Will stop calling them now.....maybe.

Ahh call me sad but I take great pleasure in winding these muppets up, I called them again recently to have some more fun!

Will stop calling them now.....maybe.

I hope you are calling them on a standard land line and not dialling a 09 or 0870 phone number!

Having just read earlier entries in this thread, regarding being contacted by DCA's and the like, the following might be useful.

For those whose telephone number is automatically sent out when you dial, you might be interested to know that prefixing the dialled number with 1470, will then withold it.

Conversely, if your number is automatically witheld, as mine is, prefixing with 1470 will allow it to be sent.

I don't know if there is a similar device for those using mobile telephones.

Sam the Eagle

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

The prefix as far as I am aware is 141 on a BT line and mobiles.

Maybe people should check which prefix works for their phone if they intend relying on it.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3490 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you